more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin O'Neil In At Forest.

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 14, 2019, 01:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Statto

Holding out for Tony Khan to offer him his old job back.

Come on Tony swallow your pride and do something sensible for once.

john dempsey

seeing that it takes joka half a season to get the team playing
that will work out well.

Bassey the warrior

Statto

Quote from: john dempsey on January 14, 2019, 02:06:08 PM
that will work out well.

How long does it take Ranieri?

john dempsey

Buffalo76

Forest have gone with their hearts over heads with this one, especially with bringing in the thug Keane as assistant.

Jimpav

Quote from: Statto on January 14, 2019, 02:18:35 PM
that will work out well.

It's been well documented that you wouldn't have let Jockanovic go, but out of interest, who would you have bought in to replace him instead of Raineri?

FFC1987

Quote from: Jimpav on January 15, 2019, 01:53:26 PM
that will work out well.

It's been well documented that you wouldn't have let Jockanovic go, but out of interest, who would you have bought in to replace him instead of Raineri?

Well, the obvious one with hindsight now would be Saints manager Ralph Hasenhüttl. He was begged as 'The Austrian Klopp' prior to his move. I'm happily following and supporting Claudio, but I must admit, I was dubious of his appointment.

Wingnut

Quote from: Buffalo76 on January 15, 2019, 10:27:50 AM
Forest have gone with their hearts over heads with this one, especially with bringing in the thug Keane as assistant.

I think MON will do well with Forest, might get them into the play offs this season even but the brand of football may not be to everyone's taste.

Strange comment about Keane. He was one of the greatest players in the history of the PL. A tough cookie, without doubt but a fantastic leader and player also. Gary Neville spoke about him a few weeks back and the respect and admiration that he had for him was clear to see.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

humussapiens

Forest owners want club to be promoted in this season - that was the goal for Karanka. Meaning there will be a lot of pressure at the new manager to perform immediately with the squad he didn't pick or don't know yet. It's not a good situation for SJ at the moment - he takes some time to get things going, but the owners would not give him more than this season only. Forest fans are joking on their forum with "who do we sack next in 2019".  Obviously O'Neill :005: 

Statto

Quote from: Jimpav on January 15, 2019, 01:53:26 PM
that will work out well.

It's been equally "well documented" that I like Ranieri (I've posted it on here loads).

I genuinely believe he's a good manager, maybe even marginally better than Jokanovic (although not by enough of a margin to justify sacking Joka to bring Ranieri in).

My problem is not with Ranieri.

My problem is just with the sacking of Jokanovic in the first place, I don't see either Jokanovic or Ranieri as the cause of us being crap. Ergo I don't think Ranieri has any more chance of turning us around than Jokanovic did.

filham

Martin O'Neil at Forrest sounds like a very good fit to me.
Wish we had an old player with some managerial success and a love of Fulham that could come back and sort things out.