watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our players should read Tony Gales letter

Started by The Swan, January 16, 2019, 02:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Tony Gale a player I liked when he played for us. In his column today he says that this is a good time to play Spurs.
He says that it is not going to be easy but we must get at them from the start and put them under pressure.

I wonder if he ever thought of becoming a manager.
The Swan

Mickeyboro

nose returns

He is paid to write this and rally the troops. But the second tier spurs players will be well up for it, give everything they have and shred our toothless team. I assume we will be down to 10 before ko with starting and as it will be cold he will not fancy it. He simply does not put in the effort or manage to be the required standard . We need now only players that die trying, like at wembley, everyone gave everything especially when we went down to 10..... can you imagine seri, really imagine, him being part of that titanic effort. Neither can i.

BedsFFC

Quote from: nose on January 17, 2019, 10:17:32 PM
He is paid to write this and rally the troops. But the second tier spurs players will be well up for it, give everything they have and shred our toothless team. I assume we will be down to 10 before ko with starting and as it will be cold he will not fancy it. He simply does not put in the effort or manage to be the required standard . We need now only players that die trying, like at wembley, everyone gave everything especially when we went down to 10..... can you imagine seri, really imagine, him being part of that titanic effort. Neither can i.
Does always writing this stuff make you feel better? cos you really are knocking yourself out with it this time round. There's about ten posters that just go on and on every bleeding post. I'm sure some of you are the same person.

You lot always go on about fight. How about you give them some support. The confidence is low, we can see that. How about instead of constantly sniding on here, why dont you try and give them a lift...12th man and all that. 90% of the whingers on here dont even go to games, spend their matchtime whining  on the match-day thread.

I'm all for a bit of a debate on here but this is just the football forum equivalent of the vuvuzela.

Vuvuzela

Noun. An plastic instrument producing a long monotone whining sound

nose returns

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 17, 2019, 10:33:21 PM
Does always writing this stuff make you feel better? cos you really are knocking yourself out with it this time round. There's about ten posters that just go on and on every bleeding post. I'm sure some of you are the same person.

You lot always go on about fight. How about you give them some support. The confidence is low, we can see that. How about instead of constantly sniding on here, why dont you try and give them a lift...12th man and all that. 90% of the whingers on here dont even go to games, spend their matchtime whining  on the match-day thread.

I'm all for a bit of a debate on here but this is just the football forum equivalent of the vuvuzela.

Vuvuzela

i am rarely rude to anyone here or make assertions, even though I too think there is a shed load of suspicious looking posts that do not look entirely kosher.
But when I speak it is from the heart and from having been a season ticket holder, same seat for almost 60 years.. nearly getting divorced in evxeter in horizontal snow and gale himself not just missing a penalty but hos shot failing to rach the goal line... so do not tell me I am whinging when i see some of players bottle it in the key games and routine games and the owners foul up our chances this season with lunatic purchases. I amat the games and supprt the team fully, unlike some I hear jeering every misplaced pass. But here I can vent  my spleen and hope that finally we play players with a bit of fire in the belly and not give up every time they lose possesion, I am sick of watching that from some of the newer players.

and do you really think I could post under more than one name and get away with it.... with my unusually poor typing and spelling skills.

if you do not llike what I say just movve on to somebody you agree with, I am sure that will be a lot more boring

AND
not one burnley player wore gloves (not that I could see) and at least three of ours did... i think when you are at the bottomn of the table you should show a bit more metal.

alfie

Quote from: nose on January 17, 2019, 10:52:59 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on January 17, 2019, 10:33:21 PM

Vuvuzela

i am rarely rude to anyone here or make assertions, even though I too think there is a shed load of suspicious looking posts that do not look entirely kosher.
But when I speak it is from the heart and from having been a season ticket holder, same seat for almost 60 years.. nearly getting divorced in evxeter in horizontal snow and gale himself not just missing a penalty but hos shot failing to rach the goal line... so do not tell me I am whinging when i see some of players bottle it in the key games and routine games and the owners foul up our chances this season with lunatic purchases. I amat the games and supprt the team fully, unlike some I hear jeering every misplaced pass. But here I can vent  my spleen and hope that finally we play players with a bit of fire in the belly and not give up every time they lose possesion, I am sick of watching that from some of the newer players.

and do you really think I could post under more than one name and get away with it.... with my unusually poor typing and spelling skills.

if you do not llike what I say just movve on to somebody you agree with, I am sure that will be a lot more boring

AND
not one burnley player wore gloves (not that I could see) and at least three of ours did... i think when you are at the bottomn of the table you should show a bit more metal.
Sorry Nose but what the hell does wearing gloves have to do with anything? Maybe a player just feels comfortable, I could not care less. Not that long ago I saw Messi wearing gloves, do you think that made him less of a player.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

I use to wear gloves when I boxed for the Navy, before I went bare knuckle.
I also wore gloves when I played in goal when I was a lot younger. I admit I wore gloves when I was a SOCO, collecting forensic evidence. I also wore gloves as a Firefighter when I was operational on a Shout as we use to call them when the bells went down.
But I would never ever have worn gloves as an outfield footballer, they will be wearing scarves and balaclavas next, and it was a dam sight colder in those days when I played than it is now. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

Sorry Nose but what the hell does wearing gloves have to do with anything? Maybe a player just feels comfortable, I could not care less. Not that long ago I saw Messi wearing gloves, do you think that made him less of a player.

[/quote]

Well, I think wearing gloves on a cold day for a game like that ws a state of mind.
Personally I think gloves a good idea and allows laces to be tied and untied BUT I did note Burnley were not and it just suggested to me they were more ready for the fight on a fereezing cold day in dreadful conditions... I wondered if anyone else felt the same.

It did seem to me there was more of a will to win from them even though we were clearly the better team  and the clearance off the line from towkoski (is that ther right spelling?) was not just standing there but having the will to get himself in the right position when we seemed more likely to score. There is something in the mentality of the thing. I do know messi wears gloves, I never forgave him for letting me down so but he is a genius so I make allowances, our guys have to try harder to be half as good (as do we all).