watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I don't particularly fear relegation

Started by SP, January 19, 2019, 09:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

The odds were always stacked against us but selling Mitro to someone like Leicester, Burnley, Watford, Leeds or Norwich will be hard to take.

Robbie

Depressing that we haven't got our act together. I hope we learn a lot .... particularly that there is not much point in getting promoted with a ramshackle squad.

Woolly Mammoth

Spurs might be licking their lips, but let's see how it pans out tomorrow. It's a funny old game, and if we do have something about us, and get our application and commitment right, and keep mistakes down to a minimum. Even if we end up getting a point, it is still something to build on rather than drown in self pity. Glorious defeat does not win points, but gains confidence and boosts morale, and a barnstorming performance, and it's all on TV, may just pursued and attract certain players we may have targeted to realise we are worth playing for.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Nor do I . I certainly know when I was happier with my beloved team . This time last season or now, 🤔 Difficult one eh.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

nose returns

i do not fear relegation, been trough it so many times. but i do hate the idea of it as this one is so unnecesary
the owners once again failed to grasp any of the simple basics and have learned zero about how football works.
we should be mid table with slava being hailed as a genius but he was shot in both feet whilst his hands were tied behind his back.
people with no experience or understanding simply killed our chances stone dead in july last year.
any chance of another great escape was squashed underfoot as we wen to play burnley with no new reciuts except a poor manager replacing the one that got us promoted.
so i do not fear relegation but i do fear for our chances next season and I am prepared to stick my neck out now and say we will be involved in another relegation fight with the usual suspects on here telling us why it is so bad and how it takes time to rebuild. yes it takes time to rebuil execially if you waut until it is way to late and past the pre season.

SP

Watching MOTD this morning really highlighted the areas of our game that are still lacking when compared with the other teams.  Six Chels*a defenders unable to mark one Arsenal striker & plenty of defensive errors elsewhere. On the other side of the coin, Bournmouth's two goals were simply magnificent. Just about to set off for the Cottage & hoping for better things.

Count Flapula

IF we do go down then we still have the majority of the team that can get us back up still here. Cut out the expensive Prem flops and realistically Mitro / R Sess will most likely move on, but bring through players like O'Riley and S Sess and maybe Harvey Elliot, sign a good striker and (long shot) bring Slav back in to get the best out of a squad he mostly knows and it could be an enjoyable season.

Brawn

For god's sake. Slav is never coming back. Do you need counselling? The king is dead, long live the new king.

HV71

Quote from: Brawn on January 20, 2019, 11:10:06 AM
For god's sake. Slav is never coming back. Do you need counselling? The king is dead, long live the new king.

You are right he will never come back  - he has far too much sense ( and too many principles ) to  make that mistake again

filham

No doubt we have been bad this season. I still think we had a good team when promoted but we failed on what should have been a priority and that was to ensure we kept all of the players from last season but  added quality in one or two key places.

We would have a few more points right now if only we had kept last season's full backs.

bobby01

The real conundrum is how does a team who went 23 games unbeaten and consistently played great football suddenly become so poor.
One thought we had to many loans and maybe the feeling was we would sign them all permanently, by the time the realisation sunk in that we were not going to get them, it was to late for quality replacements. We really should have had three replacements in consideration in case we could not sign the loaners.
Also if, and speculation here I know, players like Schurrle come in on 150k a week even if we are only paying half. Has probably put some noses out of joint of the promotion side who were on say 40k pw.
Especially when they start in place of last seasons regulars.
We now have a team purchased to play Slavs style, but they do not seem to be the right fit for Rainieri, therefore we need to change again.
I personally do not think players like the much maligned Seri are poor players ,his first couple of games he looked brilliant, I feel their must be something wrong in the camp for so many good players to look so poor.
If we go down we are facing another complete revamp of the squad, depending on who is managing, I honestly cannot see Ranieri staying.
We need to find an identity again and avoid making the same errors, ie, to many loaners.
I really hope that sustainability does not mean selling off our academy gems to balance the books.
To nail my colours to the mast, I loved Slav and his style of football, I thought he gave us two great years of football, but I accept he has gone rightly or wrongly.
All I want now is a cohesive policy at the club where everyone is on the same page instead of what seems to be lots of internal unrest.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

HV71

win-dup

But the trouble with relegation is that it is not the solution to a club's problems. Look at the ''lower'' leagues and see how many once Premiership sides are now scattered all over the bloody place. Why would anyone possibly think this won't happen to Fulham? Tony Khan and his stupid statistics should bugger off and leave decisions to football people. But of course this won't happen because he is the son of the owner and we will sink lower and lower while he keeps interfering.

AnOldBrownie

Well...today's result makes me feel like there is a higher power that would prefer Fulham to get relegated.

I've come to grips with the likelihood (some tough fixtures ahead) of the team going down.

I can still enjoy good games like today (except the defense), knowing that the owners will hopefully learn from the mistakes they made.

Biggest disappointment won't be relegation.   It'll be the loss of Slav style football AND relegation.

But I don't fear it.   Enjoy this season for what it's become.

S.F.Sorrow

I obviously don't want us to be relegated but I don't mind a couple of seasons in the Championship. The thing that worries me the most is that we will probably have to replace most of: Mitro, Sess, Cairney, Seri, Anguissa, Schurrle, Chambers, Fosu-Mensah, Vietto, Rico, Fabri, Babel and of course Kamara. There's also rumours about McDonald and Johansen leaving and O'Riley heading for Bundesliga.

With our clueless recruitment team and the limitations of FFP we could find ourselves in League One before we have re-built the squad.

Buffalo76

The one thing I do fear is the ongoing recruitment policy led by Khan Jr.