watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coping Mechanisms

Started by JoelH5, January 20, 2019, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

I've seen a lot of people saying we're down. The season is over.

I think this is just a coping mechanism to make themselves feel better in the event we do go down.

AFTER WE WIN today, we're 4 points from safety with Newcastle and Cardiff still to play. If we win one of those, we will need to get 1 more point than Cardiff and Newcastle over 15 games... Definitely achievable.

049:gif 082.gif
I was there, standing in the Putney end

One James stannard

For me joel I'm looking at our upcoming games especially our home games Tottenham, man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and man city.
I cannot for the life of me see us getting much out of those games and as we all know away from home our record is poor.

Yes we want to be in the premier league testing ourselves against these fantastic teams and it's fantastic for my son to watch these world class players in the flesh but I honestly can't see us picking up the required points to stay in this league.

I would love nothing more to be wrong COYW

colinwhite

its never over in football till its over.Thats the nature of the sport

nose returns

It's not a coping mechanism, it is just realistic. Even if we win today i have little faith 2e can escape. For that to happen we needed new players in long before the burnley game.

JoelH5

Quote from: nose on January 20, 2019, 01:06:49 PM
It's not a coping mechanism, it is just realistic. Even if we win today i have little faith 2e can escape. For that to happen we needed new players in long before the burnley game.

So there is a chance we can win today. There's also a good chance we can beat Cardiff and Newcastle.. if we did that we just have to match their results. Do you think they're so far ahead of us we should give up?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Matt10

There is a sense of entitlement that we have for some reason. If you support Fulham, you know to expect the unexpected, but still shouldn't be surprised by it.

However, a good majority of us were spoiled by the unexpected the second part of last season - and a good majority also thought we were out when we lost to Birmingham away.

It's a fickle crowd. Fulham supporters for the crest, but quick to segregate the present players, managers and owners. Instant mutiny. What have you done for me lately? Nothing? Never wear the shirt again.

All of the above is a defensive mechanism. Be right versus be happy. Intelligence can't let them down, but sport can. Football can. Fulham can.

To me, it's better to support Fulham by being naive and vulnerable to the moments. Only reflect on what actually happens on the pitch versus gossipping about things no one knows to be true.

The moments, whether they are brilliant or idiotic, they are Fulham moments. That's more than plenty to live for.

thebumponleroyshead

Couldn't agree more Matt, all depends on one's relationship to the club and what you want out of a relationship which is governed by the possibility of chaotic outcomes at all times.   ::pirate::
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land