https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seems the khhans have thrown in the towel for this season

Started by nose returns, January 21, 2019, 09:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

MJG

Quote from: fcfulham55 on January 22, 2019, 11:26:09 AM
They certainly have not taken things urgently. Holding out contract talks over a few hundred K, delaying things so we inevitably miss out. Ok hundreds of thousands sounds a lot. But over 100m to stay in the league is far greater. 

We've now played 2 games where having just 1 new defender in would be criminal. Let alone 0.   0 points from 6. Deeper in the poo.  Next season in the championship expect it to be a disaster. We will not be back in time before the parachute payments dry up next time. Historically our transfer windows have been appalling. We were crying out for a decent striker for several transfer windows until finally we signed Mitrovic.

Does it mean it'll take us a few years to sign a decent defender?
Its just a few £100K is it? They have gone and offered Cahill a deal till the end of the season. he clearly wants a longer deal if he is going to move.
21 week contract at £100K is 2.1m, Club seem to be offereing something in that region.

If we gave him an 18 month contract you are looking at another 5.2m which if we got relegated and compared to our last championship wage bill would be about 15% of the total wage bill on one man. yes someone could say we would just loan him out or sell him, but there is no assurances that would happen.
Just the views of a long term fan

ffcne

Quote from: nose on January 21, 2019, 10:03:10 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 21, 2019, 09:57:00 PM
Quote from: nose on January 21, 2019, 09:03:05 PM
The inaction in the transfer market so far leading to our latest two defeats because we do not have a proper defence... losing 2 1 fro winning positions and only managing to score one goal from our own player, and he is not allowed to play 90 mins, is a clear indication the khans have given up this season.

There was no chance of our pathetic transfer policy doing the right thing. I am not sure how so many people defend the indefensible shambles we have on our hands. I would love to talk to TK in a calm rational manner, not like the offensive tweeter, and asking why he thinks making the same errors over and over will give a different result. Babel IMO would be an inspired signing and before he kicked a ball i though it was a good move.... but where are the full backs? Christie and bryan substantially exposed for what they are, ordinary lower championship material at best, christie was not good enough last season, what made tk think he was alright for the prem, bryan, a ridiculous player for first choice. And our center backs, just not goid enough plus a sick note, again.

Relegation pretty much assured so and any token players we get now will be to little to late.

In the great escape, i could see the makings of a team and fightback with a visible chairman that led from the front and players with character. This time we have anonymous leadership, poor players, no real character, a very poor transfer policy and i am without hope the keaders have the experience or knowledge how to turn it round.

I do not like this mabager at all and his crazy substitutions cost us the spurs game.... however despite that, at least give him a proper defence to try and prove me wrong.

Even with mitroglu and magath fresh in the mind, this season seems so much worse and the poor results totally unnecessary  with a sensible purchasing policy.

And with all that defeatism, three player and a return of TC as playmaker and there are still enough points to play for, but i am not holding my greath,, i think the owners are going to let this season slip away and in aprilcwe will get a lovely letter from mr khan telling us why next season will be better and how work might start on the new uneeded stand.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And Cairney had his chance as a playmaker this season. He made fcuk all.

actually check my posts, i am not excersising hindsight i never liked ranieri and thought him a poor choice.

Regarding TC i totally disagree, started well, got injured, struggled on his return a bit for getting up to full speed, and the move to playing wide was a disaster but the games when he has been allowed to play his proper position he has been extremely good, maybe you missed the second haldf against huddersfield and the moment he came on against burnley the game changed.... TC is key to us surviving and he has to play as playmaker...  in the second half yesterday as spurs pressed forward his passing would have enabled us to spring the trap and hit them on the break.

Got injured from a nasty tackle from Burnley player.