watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seems the khhans have thrown in the towel for this season

Started by nose returns, January 21, 2019, 09:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose returns

The inaction in the transfer market so far leading to our latest two defeats because we do not have a proper defence... losing 2 1 fro winning positions and only managing to score one goal from our own player, and he is not allowed to play 90 mins, is a clear indication the khans have given up this season.

There was no chance of our pathetic transfer policy doing the right thing. I am not sure how so many people defend the indefensible shambles we have on our hands. I would love to talk to TK in a calm rational manner, not like the offensive tweeter, and asking why he thinks making the same errors over and over will give a different result. Babel IMO would be an inspired signing and before he kicked a ball i though it was a good move.... but where are the full backs? Christie and bryan substantially exposed for what they are, ordinary lower championship material at best, christie was not good enough last season, what made tk think he was alright for the prem, bryan, a ridiculous player for first choice. And our center backs, just not goid enough plus a sick note, again.

Relegation pretty much assured so and any token players we get now will be to little to late.

In the great escape, i could see the makings of a team and fightback with a visible chairman that led from the front and players with character. This time we have anonymous leadership, poor players, no real character, a very poor transfer policy and i am without hope the keaders have the experience or knowledge how to turn it round.

I do not like this mabager at all and his crazy substitutions cost us the spurs game.... however despite that, at least give him a proper defence to try and prove me wrong.

Even with mitroglu and magath fresh in the mind, this season seems so much worse and the poor results totally unnecessary  with a sensible purchasing policy.

And with all that defeatism, three player and a return of TC as playmaker and there are still enough points to play for, but i am not holding my greath,, i think the owners are going to let this season slip away and in aprilcwe will get a lovely letter from mr khan telling us why next season will be better and how work might start on the new uneeded stand.

BedsFFC

Serious point.

Send him a private email. Ask to meet him. You never know.

You may get the other side of things. He seems pretty approachable.

Spirit of 2000

Pretty much all the senior players barring 2 or 3 left after the previous relegation and Mad Magath was playing loads of kids and unproven players. It was only McCormack and his goals that kept us up. We will 100% be in better shape next season.

Matt10

Yes, please. For the love that is holy, send him an email or tweet him @TonyKhan.

RaySmith

At the time of the Great Escape, the forums were saying the same as now mostly - that we were definitely going down, appointing Roy hadn't worked, and why hadn't MAF paid to get better players in, rather than has beens like Danny Murphy, inconsistent like Diomansy Kamara.

I was one of the few saying we had some chance, and happened to be at that City game
Maybe this time we will go down - we've seen it all before at Fulham, but fans and players needto keep battling until the end

I've been very impressed with the attitude of the team in the last two games - if they can keep it up, with maybe some reinforcements, which i'm sure the Khans are trying to do, we still have a chance.

Oakeshott

Khan junior surely recently promised multiple signings this month. So far one. So he has ten days or so to make good on his promise.

nose returns

Quote from: RaySmith on January 21, 2019, 09:19:01 PM
At the time of the Great Escape, the forums were saying the same as now mostly - that we were definitely going down, appointing Roy hadn't worked, and why hadn't MAF paid to get better players in, rather than has beens like Danny Murphy, inconsistent like Diomansy Kamara.

I was one of the few saying we had some chance, and happened to be at that City game
Maybe this time we will go down - we've seen it all before at Fulham, but fans and players needto keep battling until the end

I've been very impressed with the attitude of the team in the last two games - if they can keep it up, with maybe some reinforcements, which i'm sure the Khans are trying to do, we still have a chance.

I can oly speak for myself but i always liked roy, from the time he was at blackburn... i thought he carried the can for his predessesor's errors. And we had a better squad in my opinion with bullard and mcbride if memory serves too coming back from injury at just the right time. It took a while to get going but there was a pattern emerging and a consistency about how we played, and we had a secret weapon...MAF, he galvinised the squad, i recall boa eloborating on that subject, interrupting roy's team talks to big them up.... this owner, does nothing  in that respect but in fairness MAF was a one off. I always believed a miricale would happen then, but with ranieri as manager i have no such faith, nothing he is doing inspires me. We keep loads of players back and still concede two routine headers, or two own goals or whatever else.

I will still go and get behind the team, that is what i do it is part of my fabric and that is why i feel do annoyed about this needless mess.

nose returns

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 21, 2019, 09:28:38 PM
Khan junior surely recently promised multiple signings this month. So far one. So he has ten days or so to make good on his promise.

After his twitter spat i had anticipated that he would have realised we need themvtwo weeks ago, it is really very late in the day, if we get anybody then they need to be spectacularky good and hit the ground running and be match fit and not be another mitroglu or second rate unknown lightweight midfielder that isn't up to it.

Tk and his transfers?  I have no faith in what he does will be what we need, he needs help of a proper nature and is too arogant to accept that his ideas are competely wrong.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 21, 2019, 09:17:49 PM
Pretty much all the senior players barring 2 or 3 left after the previous relegation and Mad Magath was playing loads of kids and unproven players. It was only McCormack and his goals that kept us up. We will 100% be in better shape next season.

So you don't think many of the senior players will leave? With all the loans + players on high wages I can easily see most of our best players leaving. And then there's the players who got us up in the first place. Do you think they will be motivated to fight for us in the Championship again after being dropped in the Premier League? Why would they want us to be promoted just to be dropped again?

We will need a MASSIVE rebuild if we're going to avoid League One. And there's no Ross McCormack this time.

nose returns

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on January 21, 2019, 09:45:26 PM

So you don't think many of the senior players will leave? With all the loans + players on high wages I can easily see most of our best players leaving. And then there's the players who got us up in the first place. Do you think they will be motivated to fight for us in the Championship again after being dropped in the Premier League? Why would they want us to be promoted just to be dropped again?

We will need a MASSIVE rebuild if we're going to avoid League One. And there's no Ross McCormack this time.

very nicely summed up and very much better than anything i would have said in loads more words!

Facts Not Fiction

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you can massively overreact.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: nose on January 21, 2019, 09:03:05 PM
The inaction in the transfer market so far leading to our latest two defeats because we do not have a proper defence... losing 2 1 fro winning positions and only managing to score one goal from our own player, and he is not allowed to play 90 mins, is a clear indication the khans have given up this season.

There was no chance of our pathetic transfer policy doing the right thing. I am not sure how so many people defend the indefensible shambles we have on our hands. I would love to talk to TK in a calm rational manner, not like the offensive tweeter, and asking why he thinks making the same errors over and over will give a different result. Babel IMO would be an inspired signing and before he kicked a ball i though it was a good move.... but where are the full backs? Christie and bryan substantially exposed for what they are, ordinary lower championship material at best, christie was not good enough last season, what made tk think he was alright for the prem, bryan, a ridiculous player for first choice. And our center backs, just not goid enough plus a sick note, again.

Relegation pretty much assured so and any token players we get now will be to little to late.

In the great escape, i could see the makings of a team and fightback with a visible chairman that led from the front and players with character. This time we have anonymous leadership, poor players, no real character, a very poor transfer policy and i am without hope the keaders have the experience or knowledge how to turn it round.

I do not like this mabager at all and his crazy substitutions cost us the spurs game.... however despite that, at least give him a proper defence to try and prove me wrong.

Even with mitroglu and magath fresh in the mind, this season seems so much worse and the poor results totally unnecessary  with a sensible purchasing policy.

And with all that defeatism, three player and a return of TC as playmaker and there are still enough points to play for, but i am not holding my greath,, i think the owners are going to let this season slip away and in aprilcwe will get a lovely letter from mr khan telling us why next season will be better and how work might start on the new uneeded stand.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And Cairney had his chance as a playmaker this season. He made love all.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 21, 2019, 09:57:00 PM

And Cairney had his chance as a playmaker this season. He made fcuk all.

Finally, going on what you said, you seemingly expect a whole new defence signed this winter. Never going to happen. And Christie and Bryan are top end Championship full backs.

nose returns

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 21, 2019, 09:57:00 PM

And Cairney had his chance as a playmaker this season. He made fcuk all.

actually check my posts, i am not excersising hindsight i never liked ranieri and thought him a poor choice.

Regarding TC i totally disagree, started well, got injured, struggled on his return a bit for getting up to full speed, and the move to playing wide was a disaster but the games when he has been allowed to play his proper position he has been extremely good, maybe you missed the second haldf against huddersfield and the moment he came on against burnley the game changed.... TC is key to us surviving and he has to play as playmaker...  in the second half yesterday as spurs pressed forward his passing would have enabled us to spring the trap and hit them on the break.

Spirit of 2000

Think Betts, Odoi, Ream, Christie, Bryan, Kebano and possibly a couple from KMac, StefJo and Mawson to stay. Yes TC, Schurrle, Anguissa, Seri, Sessegnon and Mitrovic will likely go but hopefully that frees a reasonable transfer & wage budget.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 21, 2019, 10:13:28 PM
Think Betts, Odoi, Ream, Christie, Bryan, Kebano and possibly a couple from KMac, StefJo and Mawson to stay. Yes TC, Schurrle, Anguissa, Seri, Sessegnon and Mitrovic will likely go but hopefully that frees a reasonable transfer & wage budget.

But a reasonable transfer & wage budget isn't worth anything unless it is spent wisely. And we seem to be struggling in that department.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 21, 2019, 09:53:43 PM

Maybe, but I was told the same (and even called a WUM) back in July/August when I said our transfer business was happening far too late, that we could find ourselves in a relegation fight this season and that Cardiff might even finish above us. I wish I had been wrong of course but the signs were there for all to see. As they are now. Unless TK and his recruitment team improve their efforts considerably I can easily see us in the relegation zone in the Championship next season. Just my personal opinion of course and just to be clear: I REALLY hope I'm wrong about this. But based on our transfer activity over the last couple of years I have very little faith in TKs ability to re-build our squad after a relegation.

toshes mate

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 21, 2019, 09:53:43 PM
The only massive overreaction I have seen was from last summer's recruitment regime that saw fit to splash out large sums of money on highly risky acquisitions whilst passing up the opportunity to fund players who actually did work and work well in the promotion side.  How much of the inflated prices clubs were allegedly asking us for was down to watching us previously blowing big money away on fluff?

Milo

Would be nice to see:

1. Transfer business done early
2. Players brought in that match the positions our fans have highlighted in polls eg on FoF
3. At least 3 Pre-season games are played with first team and tactics used in first league game.

fcfulham55

They certainly have not taken things urgently. Holding out contract talks over a few hundred K, delaying things so we inevitably miss out. Ok hundreds of thousands sounds a lot. But over 100m to stay in the league is far greater. 

We've now played 2 games where having just 1 new defender in would be criminal. Let alone 0.   0 points from 6. Deeper in the poo.  Next season in the championship expect it to be a disaster. We will not be back in time before the parachute payments dry up next time. Historically our transfer windows have been appalling. We were crying out for a decent striker for several transfer windows until finally we signed Mitrovic.

Does it mean it'll take us a few years to sign a decent defender? 
Sent from my Nokia 3310