watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro's offside goal and penalty appeal

Started by The Old Count, January 20, 2019, 07:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

If it had been Liverpool that would not have been ruled offside and the penalty would have been given.

Robbed!

Andy S

andyk

Quote from: The Old Count on January 20, 2019, 07:24:23 PM
If it had been Liverpool that would not have been ruled offside and the penalty would have been given.

Robbed!

Mitro was marginally offside, but Christ, the number of times those ones get missed.  All 4 players were virtually in line, just inches between them, and Schrulle's shot was so spectacular and the save so good, that linos hardly ever notice the guy who bang in the rebound.

Luka

Nero

Quote from: Luka on January 20, 2019, 07:31:12 PM
He was miles offside mate.

He was but once the Keeper pushed it back out he was on, 2nd phase of play or what ever they call it when it suits the top 5 teams

Lewes White

Yes was talking about that, offside not Interrferring with play, next move goalie plays him on, so should be goal..??

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Correct, he wasn't interfering with play when Shurlle shot and was played onside when the ball came back to him
The penalty "6 and two 3's"

Sometimes the benefits of watching on TV can surpass being there  !!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Baszab

Haven't seen the highlights - what did they say on telly on the offside?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

The
Quote from: Baszab on January 20, 2019, 07:59:08 PM
Haven't seen the highlights - what did they say on telly on the offside?

They said it was offside but didn't seem to know the rules
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Clutching at straws.
Mitre was clearly offside as shown on Sky and it was never a penalty.

LittleErn

Agreed offside - just. Silly rule anyway. As for the penalty, the one by the goalie wasn't - he got to the ball first. BUT earlier on Mitro was clearly hauled down in the box.

Moltobueno

man city got away with  similar offside

junior white

i thought he was off side, but for pen ( I assume you mean the Lloris one when we were a goal up) for me is a pen, he has to go thru Mitro with his arm, / body to get to the ball, mitro positioned himself perfectly for that in my opinion

SuffolkWhite

I thought it was a pen at the Hammy End yesterday and again having just watched the highlights We don't get the rub of the green from Ref's often but its been this way ever since I supported Fulham when we play bigger teams.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFC1987

I don't think its a pen. Keeper clearly gets his hand to it. Yes, it was from behind as as long as the hand gets the ball, and not through the player first, which it wasn't, showed to em it wasn't a pen.

Andy S

To me it should have been a penalty all day

The Old Count

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 20, 2019, 08:05:32 PM
Clutching at straws.
Mitre was clearly offside as shown on Sky and it was never a penalty.
Not clutching at straws mate - the last straw shrivelled up last week at Burnley. Just saying they were fine line interperative decisions that we rarely get going in our favour.

Bill2

With regard to the offside it would appear to be a woeful ignorance of the rules, and I mean with the officials not the fans. Couldn't see the incident at the match as in the Hammy end but it looked good to me and watching on Sky later it looked like he was offside at the initial shot but onside when he headed home. Now at the Wolves match for their last goal Jota came back from being about 15 yards offside and placed himself well away from any Leicester player, the ball was crossed and he stuck it into the net. Now I thought that was offside as if you come back from an offside position even before the ball was played you are still offside, is it second phase? Something you see when a keeper plays it long.

Now I don't know what the rules are as in our case the ball was played back by the keeper so as in the picture above our player was played onside by a ball played by an opponent.

Can any one who refs the game please put me right because from what I see I am just confused, I would ask the official bodies but they will never explain the rules.

hovewhite

Quote from: Nero on January 20, 2019, 07:36:31 PM
Quote from: Luka on January 20, 2019, 07:31:12 PM
He was miles offside mate.

He was but once the Keeper pushed it back out he was on, 2nd phase of play or what ever they call it when it suits the top 5 teams
that's why I thought it should have been allowed to stand because at that piont he was on side .

grandad

The situation with a player "not interfering with play" is a very grey area. As Bill Shankley once said, "if one of my players is not interfering with play he will not be my player for long".
Where there's a will there's a wife