watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR--Rooney Wants to Leave manure

Started by LordNelson, October 19, 2010, 06:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

TheDaddy

Quote from: LordNelson on October 19, 2010, 06:19:23 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9104392.stm

Oh, where will ya be, Rooney boy, Rooney boy?

I wonder where he'll land.
Man City the greedy little bark !
Close enough for his local girls......
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

LBNo11

...only 3 or 4 clubs who can afford him now, he'd better not upset too many as he could price himself out of work.

Someone told me today that he heard he could be on half a million quid a week - now if true that would be obscene...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RidgeRider

Problem I see for him is he has been so ineffective all season and in the summer....he has the prostitute thing hanging over his head, which no doubt has effected his family that he may not be worth what he was last year, but still....he'll be expensive nonetheless.

I think whoever would go in for him would be taking on a lot of extra baggage besides paying the lad.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

the guy is just one step above a caveman,he can't relate to people,he can barely hold a conversation unless it's about football,he's a 12 year old boy in a man's body who struggles to deal with life off the football pitch,and here's me thinking we had learnt the lessons of Best and Gazza :doh:

WHITEwitch

Rat ship sinking first leaving.

Rearrange into well known saying.

Only question is the captain going down with it or 'retiring'?

LBNo11

...I suspect it may also have something to do with Rooney's ambition (prompted by Paul Stretford) to win further medals and cups in European competitions.

He may see that Sir Red Nose said he had money to spend, but the reality is there to see, no major signings and a team that is without Beckham, Ronaldo, and Tevez. They have an aging Scholes and Giggs and VDS, the rest of the squad are good, but not premiership winning class.

With another club he will have a better chance to achieve this as man ure go into decline.

Even with the sale of Rooney - and if they can get top dollar for him, the Glazers will not use the money for new players, but direct it into paying off the debt. Man ure could be set to struggle without quality replacements...

White Noise

I think Man Utd are definitely going to struggle. Fergie is not far from retirement and won't want to build another team. Tevez, Cristiano Ronaldo and now Rooney have moved on and half of his first team are about to retire. He hasn't been buying any quality for a while now and they look much more vulnerable at the back.

A couple of seasons ago most people thought the top 4 was set in stone but things are going to get marginally more interesting from here on in!! :doh:

I have no more desire to see Spurs and Citeh in the top 4 than I do Liverpool and Man Utd but a double fall from grace would undoubtedly shake the game up a bit and maybe bring some financial sense to bear.

I think Rooney is on £95k a week at the moment but when his various sponsorship deals and image rights revenues are taken into account he is apparently on £230k a week. Given that Citeh have supposedly got Yaya Toure - or some other non-entity on £220k a week basic then Rooney could probably expect to get £200k a week plus the other stuff. I guess if you make the game all about money then you shouldn't be surprised if players move for more money.

I am going to check the odds on Man Utd finishing outside the top 4 this season because there has rarely looked a better time to back it.   

finnster01

Here is what I understand: He asked Man U for 200K a week, and they said no. Man city is apparently willing to pay him that over 4-5 years. However there is a new contract on the table, but not at 200K per week.

What causes a wrinkle to Man Utd is apparently he can purchase his own contract for 5 million quid for his last contract year (starting in the summer). therefore, look for Man U to unleash him in January so they can at least get something above that for him. I think Man U has screwed up by not signing him to a new contract in the summer, so look for him to exercise his option and buy out the contract in the summer. Man U has dropped the ball here and being in Fergies doghouse doesn't help.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Fletchino

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

saw the Fergie interview on SSN,the guy looked shocked and upset at what is happening,I would be  suprised if Fergie stays on after this season,he looked like it has just dawned on him that the players and their agents are in charge of football now and managers are not :doh:

finnster01

Quote from: FLETCHINO on October 19, 2010, 08:22:35 PM
I heard that he is going to Ajax
Ajax hasn't got a penny. They are poorer than Liverpool was under Hicks and Gillett
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...I think you are close to the truth about Sir Red Nose's impending retirement - I mean. how could he cope with managing an ordinary side like the other league clubs have to put up with? -  it would be bad for his reputation...

ron

Perhaps we could entice him through the Cottage gates by putting the rumour out that our corner flag wants a re-match...?  :031:   :005: :005: :005:

HatterDon

I truly hope that he goes to Real or AC Milan -- two of the rumors I've heard -- and that he goes in January. It has been bliss this past season and a bit not hearing about C. Ronaldo every three minutes. It will be heaven to have Shrek out of England for the same reason. I can't watch Spanish league football on the telly here, and I'd only watch the Italian league at gunpoint, so just send his fat ass to one of those clubs and then I can forget about him completely.

Having said that, which England international is currently playing on a European side? When's the last time an active top-flight England international got big bucks to transfer to a European side? Who's saying anyone will want him?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

White Noise

I think there are some crossed wires here. I heard he is going to be sponsored by Ajax - great on stubborn stains and tramped in dirt and cleans up even the biggest messes!

Pickle

For me if he wants to prove he is a world class player (which I do not think he is) he should have the balls to go to Italy or Spain and show it, but me thinks he will run to Citeh or some other club and take the money. (Like him or not Beckham was in a similar situation and worked hard and the rest speaks for itself)

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

he'll go where his agent tells him,to much money to be made,football is just a means to an end I'm afraid,if it's wasn't for Fulham I'd give up on football it's selling it's soul to the devil,inch by inch and it stinks.
When they price English football out of the range of many English men(and women) but sell it cheap to the middle and far east it turns my stomach,and it gone to far to bring it back :001:

Mr Fulham

According to my (well known) mate from the agency, Wayne Rooney has an agreement with Manchester City. He's likely to join them in January.

fulhamwannabe