https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

i am home now and fed and warm

Started by nose returns, January 20, 2019, 09:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose returns

my dinner was sublime
i cooked it and it was delicious
i took the appropriate ingredients blended them at the right time and  made a spectacular success (if you are interested in my food making I will discuss on a separate thread.

unfortunately our manager has no idea how to get the same brilliant result from our players

despite being the better team for about 30 minutes in the first half, and very much the better team.... we managed to make three very poor substitutions that in the end cost us the game. taking babel off so early, even if he was not a fulll pelt was an error so dreaful a 3 year od would not have done it. it was the first step to alow spurs to press us harder. whils babel was on and playing close to mitro they had to keep players back to deal with that, he pccupied them. much as i love sess, he plays a different role and I thought he should have come on for a very indifferent and wastedul joe bryan... that combination of sess and bryan on the LHS would have been brilliant and potentially lethal. the third substitution was a white flag and offered the three points rto spurs. cisse a hard working but very ordinary player who did absolutely nothing for seri was bizarre, we then had no chance of creating anything  and clearly ranieri had thought we could get a point. Obviously leaving TC on the bench was a sttaement from the manager and also showed his incomptence. he insulted the only man on the bench that could have threaded a quality ball to the forwards to try and actually win the game.

now most people know I slag seri off at every opportunity but today he worked hard and only on a handful of occasions unnecesarilly wasted the ball, he wasn't caught in possesion as he usally is but he isn't anywhere near the class of TC. his one big moment was in the second half we had two players clean through and he managed to hit the defenders with a limp attempt, week in week out TC picks the runners. cisse, can't manage anything but 5 yards sideways. if we were taking seri off and hoping to get any points then it just had to be tom, in his shoes I would be asking to leave.

now here is the truth. the season has been sabotaged by the owners sonm simple as. we all know the squad is dreadful and it showed today. there are people thinking we did wel against spurs B side who for 30 minutes were not at the races, but we rarely looked like scoring in the second half. actually we rarely crossed the half way line. Ranieri is a dreadful manager that cost us the game today and is clearly alienating some players and if we are now going to let this season slip away then we need a new manager in place now ready to build for next seaso. why wait, ranieri will be sacked in october as we face the drop for a second consecutive season if he stays.

and i know a few people think things are better, but they are far worse because he issits on playing a formation that isn't working. as babel went off we had to modify pur play, but didn't as spurs pressed, we needed cairney's passing to spring the trap.

ranieri cost us 3 points today, no more no less, and the owners have ensured relegation by bringing in poor players in summer, only on player this window and a thrid rate clown as a manager. as each substitution came we got worse... the manner of defeat was cruel but inevitable as we were so hapless in the second half.

i will continue to attend, support and get behind the lads as always, but ranieri is one of the three worst managers we have ever had along with branfoot and campbell.... i cannot believe how many on this bor=ard still support him, how long before the reality dawnds on them.... he said when he arrived he knew the players and could fix it, well he isn't fixing it, he is useless!

the second sub was just plain nriiculous, schurl was doing pretty weel and certainly causing sprs problems and can score a goal from nothing, and we brought on a player that would struggle in the lower two leagues and he himself

JoelH5

The Babel decision was only poor as Sessegnon was woefull when he came on. If he'd set up Mitro which he's done many times, it would have been a stroke of genius. Without knowing how poor Sessegnon would be, Ranieri made the right decision there.

Seri off for Cisse (and not TC). Cisse is the more defensive of the two. Ranieri obviously wanted the point so I can see what he was trying. I personally would have kept on Seri but hardly a baffling decision.

Schürle for Kebano was a bit strange. Schürle was obviously tiring but I would have put on Vietto.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Baszab

Schurrle and Babel were both knackered - Schurrle can not play more than 60 minutes - Babel obviously not match fit

The shame - and not CR's fault - is that we have no back up - Kebano couldn't get into the game - AK would have been useful

Cisse was a negative move but TC not up to it atm - certainly not to mark Dier when he came on - he spent most of the second half turning around to check on his girl in the Riverside box

nose returns

Quote from: Baszab on January 20, 2019, 09:47:41 PM
Schurrle and Babel were both knackered - Schurrle can not play more than 60 minutes - Babel obviously not match fit

The shame - and not CR's fault - is that we have no back up - Kebano couldn't get into the game - AK would have been useful

Cisse was a negative move but TC not up to it atm - certainly not to mark Dier when he came on - he spent most of the second half turning around to check on his girl in the Riverside box

TC has been the outstanding player every time he has played his position recently. he wasn't their to mark dier but to be a proper playmaker which nobody else is...seri's one through ball attempt was lamentable in the second half. keppin babale on longer (not the whole game perhaps but longer) and shurl for 90 would have occupied the spurs defence, kebano was useless and sess does not know the position he is being asked to play, is it forward or midfield. Tc was the obvious player to come on in the second half if we had pretentions of getting points. cisse is not just negative but a poor player that guaranteed defeat..we were lucky to hang on that long, it was obvious what was happening.

nose returns

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 20, 2019, 09:47:06 PM
The Babel decision was only poor as Sessegnon was woefull when he came on. If he'd set up Mitro which he's done many times, it would have been a stroke of genius. Without knowing how poor Sessegnon would be, Ranieri made the right decision there.

Seri off for Cisse (and not TC). Cisse is the more defensive of the two. Ranieri obviously wanted the point so I can see what he was trying. I personally would have kept on Seri but hardly a baffling decision.

Schürle for Kebano was a bit strange. Schürle was obviously tiring but I would have put on Vietto.

ecxactly, CR thought cisse would help get a point whicj was an insane desicion because is not good enough. TC would have supplied a threat going forward with inscisive passing that would have forced spurs to kep players back, TC would have exploitd the spaces being left with accurate passing forward that nobody else seemed capable of.

JoelH5

Quote from: nose on January 20, 2019, 09:56:46 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 20, 2019, 09:47:06 PM

ecxactly, CR thought cisse would help get a point whicj was an insane desicion because is not good enough. TC would have supplied a threat going forward with inscisive passing that would have forced spurs to kep players back, TC would have exploitd the spaces being left with accurate passing forward that nobody else seemed capable of.

Only the other week everyone was moaning how TC doesn't track his man. How do you know he wouldn't have let someone go and they would have scored? The goal wasn't Cisse's fault.

It's very easy with hindsight but I don't think the decisions CR made were without logic.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FulhamStu

If you do t know why TC was left out it's really not worth debating.   We played a system where we defended with players behind the ball and then broke quickly.  This worked very well 1 st half and but for a few inches we would have been 2-0 at halftime.

2nd half. Every substitution made us worse.   I agree TC should have come on, but for Schurrle, not Seri.   Cissé is I am afraid, the same as Kebano...basically nowhere near a Premier League footballer.

We are in trouble because our defenders bar Mason and maybe Max are not Premier League Quality.   The massive error of the transfer window was not to spend the big money on tried and tested Premier League quality defenders.   That does not make Seri a bad player...he is just being asked to do too much.  He and Chambers did a great job today, but only having 2 midfielders give them too much to do.   Been saying the same for a very long time now.

To blast Ranieri is also ridiculous, yes I agree his subs did not work.. how many time did we say the same about Slav.   We are now far more competitive.   We don't look like conceding every few minutes and our set plays 100% better.   We just need better players in the back 4 or 5 !

alfie

Quote from: nose on January 20, 2019, 09:54:49 PM
Quote from: Baszab on January 20, 2019, 09:47:41 PM

TC has been the outstanding player every time he has played his position recently. he wasn't their to mark dier but to be a proper playmaker which nobody else is...seri's one through ball attempt was lamentable in the second half. keppin babale on longer (not the whole game perhaps but longer) and shurl for 90 would have occupied the spurs defence, kebano was useless and sess does not know the position he is being asked to play, is it forward or midfield. Tc was the obvious player to come on in the second half if we had pretentions of getting points. cisse is not just negative but a poor player that guaranteed defeat..we were lucky to hang on that long, it was obvious what was happening.
Sorry Nose saying Sess does not know the position he is being asked to play, is a bit off,
How do you know what he was asked to do, and secondly, subs are given instructions, you can see quite clearly coaches showing play formations to them, for me Sess is just in poor form, fantastic in Championship, but I fear just not up to premiership.
It really is obvious you just don't like Ranieri, I reckon if we win 10 nil, you would be complaining about the colour ties his wearing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

Anyone who thinks Sessegnon was woeful must have been watching a different game to me. And Ranieri has come out and said Babel wasn't fit enough for 90 minutes, so that change is fine by me.

But as for taking for Seri off for Cisse... Why? Seri was doing well and surely he can last 90 minutes. Cisse looked clueless when he came on. Stupid sub.

And Kebano was also the wrong choice. It should have been AK47 coming on. Well done Ranieri for falling out with him and giving us one less option.

alfie

Quote from: Statto on January 20, 2019, 10:37:04 PM
Anyone who thinks Sessegnon was woeful must have been watching a different game to me. And Ranieri has come out and said Babel wasn't fit enough for 90 minutes, so that change is fine by me.

But as for taking for Seri off for Cisse... Why? Seri was doing well and surely he can last 90 minutes. Cisse looked clueless when he came on. Stupid sub.

And Kebano was also the wrong choice. It should have been AK47 coming on. Well done Ranieri for falling out with him and giving us one less option.
If you are referring to my response above, I did not say he was woeful did I, I said he in MY opinion is in poor form.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

Quote from: alfie on January 20, 2019, 10:44:03 PM

If you are referring to my response above, I did not say he was woeful did I, I said he in MY opinion is in poor form.

JoelH5, second response in this thread, said "woeful"

alfie

Quote from: Statto on January 20, 2019, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 20, 2019, 10:44:03 PM

JoelH5, second response in this thread, said "woeful"
Noted thanks
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

I Ronic

I guess you should be thankful you didn't invite any back Nose. They'd be telling you your food was awful too.

KingofCheese

"I will continue to get behind the lads as normal"? I would hate to see you having a go at them if this is your usual praise. As to CR being useless, we have looked far more competitive in the big games that under Joka this season and CR has won the Prem so I guess only Pep would do for you?
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas