watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shakhtar's last loss

Started by Senior Supporter, October 19, 2010, 07:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senior Supporter

Richard Keys has mentioned that Shakhtar have lost only one of their last twenty-six matches, either side of the summer break. It's not possible that it was the one in SW London on 18 February last (my birthday) is it?

Hazey

I'll never forget that night...apart from being absolutely freezing, the second goal from Bobby was a sweet sweet strike!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

ImperialWhite

Brilliant night.

Probably the best team I've ever seen at the Cottage, tbh.

Fletchino

Hazey

Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 19, 2010, 09:30:27 PM
Brilliant night.

Probably the best team I've ever seen at the Cottage, tbh.

It is hard to pick between the Europa cup games against Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Shak Attack and Juventus......I remember being so pumped after all of them.

The Juve game was sensational, but when we won the SF after coming from behind that too was special knowing we were into the final.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

ScalleysDad

I remember freezing my bits off as well but every Europa game seemed to have its own weather. The prelims had monsoons, almost drowned queueing for the Amkar game, and I think it was the Hamburg night that had the full moon, the high tide and the clear sky. Glorious. Juve was a good night weather wise as well. I remember inwardly cursing the Italian guys sat around me as they made my mega comfy jacket look like horses had just sat on it.

Jimpav

Shakhtar were a very classy side but didn't seem to take many shots on goal - which cost them the tie. Bobbys goal was sublime but Shaktars goal was very well worked.

Didn't see last nights match - were they a shade of the side that played at the cottage or were they played at their own game by Arsenal?

TonyGilroy

They offered nothing last night.

I watched hoping they'd match their performance at Craven Cottage and I'd get to see how Arsenal coped with that but they really were dreadfully poor and totally unadventurous. They made absolutely no attempt to get at Arsenal who were made to look much better than they are.

Jimpav

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 20, 2010, 10:43:53 AM
They offered nothing last night.

I watched hoping they'd match their performance at Craven Cottage and I'd get to see how Arsenal coped with that but they really were dreadfully poor and totally unadventurous. They made absolutely no attempt to get at Arsenal who were made to look much better than they are.

Thanks Tony. Sorry to hear that. I think they could have played Arsenal off the pitch if they had put in a performance like the one we witnessed.

Vinnieffc

Slightly off-subject, but did anyone else have a feeling of deprivation as I did when I saw that Roma v Basle was on last nights fixture list ? Certainly brought back great memories..

Jimpav

I didn't spot that Vinnie. What was the score?

The away trip to Basle was an amazing trip and an extroadinary match.

To think we dished out to United just a few days later -  probably the most succesfull week in Fulhams history.

Remember that all you Hodgson bashers?!

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Jimpav on October 20, 2010, 02:39:44 PM

To think we dished out to United just a few days later -  probably the most succesfull week in Fulhams history.

God that seems like years ago...
FTID

HatterDon

Their midfield put on an absolute clinic at The Cottage. A classy side, but their defense was no match for our muscle, and our defense was resolute for those two matches. I'll always have a soft spot for Shaktar after those ties.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Airfix