watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its two days to brighton

Started by nose returns, January 27, 2019, 09:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose returns

For those that don't like repetitive moaning rambles...... look away now.
Those that feel the pain as deeply and fundamentally as me, feel free to tearr your own clothing and wail at the moon.

Last game before the deadline closes. We have made one signing, IMO, a potentially very good one too but we we have got no full backs or central defenders. 7 points adrift, 8 if you count goaldifference, 15 games to go, what are our management thinking of?
The PR is good
SK, i will back the owner in january
TK and his fabled multiple signings recently

We are heamoraging  goals, can't score and they still put out nonsense PR.
It will soon be time to advertise season tickets, what stupid words will accompany that. Lack of action this window is a very sad inditment of the amateur approacgh to running our club. Nobody doubts the good intent, i think the khan's want what is best, but time to bring in some genuinely top class management to run football affairs and the club.

And in all this the CEO? What does he do, in any other failing business the ceo would have been replaced ages ago.

toshes mate

You should keep the posts coming, nose, in my humble opinion, in the hope that what little grey matter is present in the upper echelons of FFC will suddenly have a light bulb moment and understand that it is them that may be the principal guilty characters in this unfolding tragic - not so funny - comedy of repetitious errors.  I wish I could work the miracle of transplanting some of gutsy fight of Millwall and Wimbledon last night into whatever eleven plays for us on Tuesday night.  At least that may change something for FFC in the last hours of this transfer window.

nose returns

Quote from: toshes mate on January 27, 2019, 10:08:24 AM
You should keep the posts coming, nose, in my humble opinion, in the hope that what little grey matter is present in the upper echelons of FFC will suddenly have a light bulb moment and understand that it is them that may be the principal guilty characters in this unfolding tragic - not so funny - comedy of repetitious errors.  I wish I could work the miracle of transplanting some of gutsy fight of Millwall and Wimbledon last night into whatever eleven plays for us on Tuesday night.  At least that may change something for FFC in the last hours of this transfer window.

I think the players are not just wrong but seem very demoralised and I think there are so many reasons for that. Too many loans last season and those left behind have not really featured properly enough, the players replacing last seasons have hardly been a step up and so moral is bouind to be low. The change of manager was a bad error, if we had to make a change at least get somebody a bit inspiring.

Millwall and AFC showed real fight against higher level opposition and we capitulated at home to a very lack lustre league 2 team without a manager. we have still only managed to beat southampton still under hughes and huddersfield with this manager... the last one we beat burnley at home so in honesty this is not a roy moment.

despair has set in, the owners cannot even manage to bring in anyone because I believe  TK genuinely does not know what to do.

BedsFFC

"For those that don't like repetitive moaning rambles"

That really is a niche sub-genre you've cornered. As a Fulham fan, of course I wish you good luck with your passion and your small band of loyal followers. Is it a cult?

Don't take it personally but it's not my cup of tea.

Frankly, I'd rather be forced to watch a chick-flick rom com. But, I do wish you all the best. It's good to have an interest.

Baszab

Well said Nose

At least AK sussed that Mackintosh was useless and gave him a good smack

nose returns

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 27, 2019, 11:24:23 AM

That really is a niche sub-genre you've cornered. As a Fulham fan, of course I wish you good luck with your passion and your small band of loyal followers. Is it a cult?

Frankly, I'd rather be forced to watch a chick-flick rom com. But, I do wish you all the best. It's good to have an interest.

:003: but you are reading it..... i said to look away now....  i try to vary the style a bit from tears in eyes to righteous indignation but in the end the issue is we have not signed the players we needed, when we needed, plus all the other ridiculous stuff you already know about..... i would love to be a cult but not enough fans for that.... still it's better than being one of the serial apologists , or seial get behind the lads (as if I do not on match day) whatever dross is served up is good enough brigade... or even better than beingamongst the  it's hard making a signing, particulalry in January brigade.

But thanks for visiting yu are welcome to look in any time 049:gif :022:

nose returns

Quote from: Baszab on January 27, 2019, 11:51:57 AM
Well said Nose

At least AK sussed that Mackintosh was useless and gave him a good smack

is that really what happened, i don't think it would be the CEO, but honestly cannot see how it helps the cause.

MJG

Quote from: nose on January 27, 2019, 12:07:39 PM

:003: but you are reading it..... i said to look away now....  i try to vary the style a bit from tears in eyes to righteous indignation but in the end the issue is we have not signed the players we needed, when we needed, plus all the other ridiculous stuff you already know about..... i would love to be a cult but not enough fans for that.... still it's better than being one of the serial apologists , or seial get behind the lads (as if I do not on match day) whatever dross is served up is good enough brigade... or even better than beingamongst the  it's hard making a signing, particulalry in January brigade.

And to think I get called condescending on here.
Last week you were calling fans idiots for not sharing your views and now all the above.
Just the views of a long term fan

BedsFFC

:003: but you are reading it..... i said to look away now.... 

I couldn't stop myself. I tried, I really did.

I'm going online for some self-help remedies

Woolly Mammoth

Rest assured nose, your cult is no small band, but your critics and the apologists for this debacle who defend the indefensible are a small band, as the only ones I come across are sprinkled thinly on this message board.
In the outside world and on many other outlets the general feeling is that supporters concur with your feelings and frustrations.
I am currently in a pub with 8 other passionate and realistic supporters who agree with your sentiments, so it's not such a small band after all, more an orchestra with a choir.
So keep posting, I may not always agree with everything you say, but you are entitled to say it, and it's a shame your detractors and negative critics as well as some of the players do not share your passion.
As far as I am concerned, and many others I am currently with in my local, keep it up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

Quote from: MJG on January 27, 2019, 12:24:27 PM

Last week you were calling fans idiots for not sharing your views and now all the above.

I didn't say i wasn't condescending and some fans seem to hold views that taken to their logical conclusion are against our interests. I know you of all people you do a brilliant job  at supporting the club so do not like arguing with you
But you mistake pain  and and genuine frustration andm if you read what i say properly (most of the time) it is specific criticism.
Things should be much better, we should easilly be top half with the investment, the ownerss learn nothing and make the same errors over and over despite clearly wanting what is best.

I have no other place to vent my frustration. And i was very rudely told yesterday how boring i was, so my first line warning here was do not like it, read something that you find more palatble

And what you specifically said a few days ago to me.... about never seeing good in the club, well IMO  everything at the club is far from rosy, it needs fixing otherwise the long term is bleak, and i will go on saying that until it is fixed!

nose returns

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 27, 2019, 12:25:06 PM

:003: but you are reading it..... i said to look away now.... 

I couldn't stop myself. I tried, I really did.

I'm going online for some self-help remedies

Very well said 082.gif

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on January 27, 2019, 12:24:27 PM

We haven't always agreed MJG and as a kid I was taught that criticism is only valid if the cap fits.  In other words it may be wiser not to respond to another sentiments unless you fully comprehend what they are saying and why they are saying it.  I was shocked at some of your activity involving my posts which were defending SJ's record at FFC, outraged at being accused of being disrespectful to the Khans by saying they did not have my respect because of how they sacked Jokanovic, as if my respect for the Khans was an essential right of passage to being a Fulham supporter who could post on here.  I had a choice - stop posting or fight my corner.  You may remember the rest.   Nose stopped posting here for quite some time and I missed him.  I am glad he is back and I am also glad he gets up other people's nasal cavities not from deliberate provocation but because he tries hard to keep matters live and in our faces.   That is something the Club, IMO, needs much more of right now, because the other side is the wretched sight of people accepting their fate and not fighting for their rights.   

BedsFFC has responded with a nice touch of humour and the kind of self-deprecation that nose is also famous for.

filham

Yes Nose, things are bad and the weak positions are clear for all of us to see, I am sure that Raneiri has identified them and probably named replacements he would like to have.
What surprised me though was the fight we showed agaist Spurs, that defeat was not down to lack of effort but rather down to lack of skills.

The manager is capable of motivating the team but he needs a couple of new players of quality, it is essential he gets them.

JoelH5

After the Tottenham game, I was almost certain, with NINE days, we'd get some defenders in. How we STILL haven't done so seems highly incompetent
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Baszab

Reminds me of the movie Zero Dark Thirty
Where the heroine repeatedly writes on her manager's wall the number of days of inaction before they go after Osama bin Laden

Ara's bacon crisps

081.gif
Quote from: Baszab on January 27, 2019, 02:02:10 PM
Reminds me of the movie Zero Dark Thirty
Where the heroine repeatedly writes on her manager's wall the number of days of inaction before they go after Osama bin Laden
Haha - I now have a great image in my mind of Claudio walking into TK's office every morning and doing this, before heading off in search of a massive espresso.

Whitesideup

Quote from: nose on January 27, 2019, 11:09:28 AM

I think the players are not just wrong but seem very demoralised and I think there are so many reasons for that. Too many loans last season and those left behind have not really featured properly enough, the players replacing last seasons have hardly been a step up and so moral is bouind to be low. The change of manager was a bad error, if we had to make a change at least get somebody a bit inspiring.

Millwall and AFC showed real fight against higher level opposition and we capitulated at home to a very lack lustre league 2 team without a manager. we have still only managed to beat southampton still under hughes and huddersfield with this manager... the last one we beat burnley at home so in honesty this is not a roy moment.

despair has set in, the owners cannot even manage to bring in anyone because I believe  TK genuinely does not know what to do.
Indeed, gutsy performances from both Millwall and Wimbledon and doubtless their supporters are delighted. But they must also be wondering where these performances have come from as their league performances don't match them. Wimbledon's season in particular must be as bad as ours, relatively speaking, and 0-3 home defeat by a very average Fleetwood in the week must have hurt. Good cup run .. that's fine. I think both would swap for improved league performances. Unfortunately, we have neither. 

toshes mate

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 27, 2019, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: nose on January 27, 2019, 11:09:28 AM

Indeed, gutsy performances from both Millwall and Wimbledon and doubtless their supporters are delighted. But they must also be wondering where these performances have come from as their league performances don't match them. Wimbledon's season in particular must be as bad as ours, relatively speaking, and 0-3 home defeat by a very average Fleetwood in the week must have hurt. Good cup run .. that's fine. I think both would swap for improved league performances. Unfortunately, we have neither. 
Agree with you on all fronts particularly as the FA Cup is notorious for those kinds of turnarounds.  Millwall had a fair rub of the green in their game but kept going until the death and in a relegation scrap that often proves to make a big difference. 

Wimbledon simply outplayed a poor Hammers side when it mattered most and should be encouraged to do the same in their league showings. I suspect Wally Downes will use that win as a marker to his players in the hopes they are stirred into producing the same cohesion and drive throughout their remaining fixtures.  Of course the income from a decent cup run benefits clubs from the lower echelons much more so than many others and Wimbledon are six points from safety with 51 points left to play for.   Perhaps they can make that Cup win count in the league by winning their next game at Sunderland.