https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri's pre Brighton Press Conference

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, January 28, 2019, 02:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

Quote from: nose on January 28, 2019, 04:43:21 PM
actually looking at the offal it says this re AK
"I don't know what's happened here. Now there is a club investigation and I am waiting, but if he comes back it's no problem for me. For the team there is no problem.
It says he is happy to have AK and the management of the club are the issue.
this is bad for everybody.
either he is our player and staying in which case we need him.
or
they think he is a disruptive element, in which case get him out

but for the manager not to know is ridiculous, how can he make his plans?

If it's under investigation, even if he does know, would he be allowed to comment on specifics? I would tend to think not.

He's been reported as disruptive to us, the media, because we hear the results/findings through multiple hands. Ranieri I'm sure hears it first-hand, and if he says it's not a problem if he comes back, then so be it.

I know it's common to twist words and over-interpret, but in the instances when we get it directly from our manager, who actually matters more than rumour mills of the media, we should take it at face-value.

I'm personally on the fence with Kamara, but at the end of the day, the manager has to decide to play him or not. I trust my manager's judgement, so I'll be content with whatever happens.

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on January 28, 2019, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on January 28, 2019, 04:46:50 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 28, 2019, 04:01:14 PM
I didn't think he sound down at all. He literally says he is a positive individual. The talking points that stood out to me were:

- Kamara suspended, but no problem to return for Ranieri.
- Anguissa still not ready.
- Mawson injury more significant than thought, 6 weeks.
- We played very good against Spurs, just need to recognize scenario.
- Looking at opportunities in transfer market.

To me, he just sounds like a coach. Nothing more, nothing less. He talks about the team he has and what the goal is for Brighton. It may upset some here that he chooses to stay in his lane, but I believe that is because the majority are not happy with who we have on the team, or part of the club. We have that luxury to feel and express that, but CR does not.

A pretty fair summary except that Ranieri sold himself to the Khans by attending every home match this season, saying the players were good enough, and then hoping for reinforcements in the very last hours of the window.  That is a familiar mantra of life under the Khans.... for coaches of which there have been a multitude (well eight of them including caretakers) ....

That is a familiar mantra for the majority of managers in the premier league, or any league. Look throughout the transfer centre, most, if not all, have no comments on players they are hoping to bring in to this window. Until there are definite targets, and both parties are aware, then the manager can comment.
In other words Ranieri just went through the motions which is what I would call not good enough.

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on January 28, 2019, 05:37:40 PM
Quote from: nose on January 28, 2019, 04:43:21 PM
actually looking at the offal it says this re AK
"I don't know what's happened here. Now there is a club investigation and I am waiting, but if he comes back it's no problem for me. For the team there is no problem.
It says he is happy to have AK and the management of the club are the issue.
this is bad for everybody.
either he is our player and staying in which case we need him.
or
they think he is a disruptive element, in which case get him out

but for the manager not to know is ridiculous, how can he make his plans?

If it's under investigation, even if he does know, would he be allowed to comment on specifics? I would tend to think not.

He's been reported as disruptive to us, the media, because we hear the results/findings through multiple hands. Ranieri I'm sure hears it first-hand, and if he says it's not a problem if he comes back, then so be it.

I know it's common to twist words and over-interpret, but in the instances when we get it directly from our manager, who actually matters more than rumour mills of the media, we should take it at face-value.

I'm personally on the fence with Kamara, but at the end of the day, the manager has to decide to play him or not. I trust my manager's judgement, so I'll be content with whatever happens.
Since the Kamara situation is still under investigation by at least FFC as a live issue needing some sort of resolution as employer/employee legislation requires then perhaps Ranieri shouldn't be commenting at all.

Matt10

Quote from: toshes mate on January 28, 2019, 05:41:08 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 28, 2019, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on January 28, 2019, 04:46:50 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 28, 2019, 04:01:14 PM
I didn't think he sound down at all. He literally says he is a positive individual. The talking points that stood out to me were:

- Kamara suspended, but no problem to return for Ranieri.
- Anguissa still not ready.
- Mawson injury more significant than thought, 6 weeks.
- We played very good against Spurs, just need to recognize scenario.
- Looking at opportunities in transfer market.

To me, he just sounds like a coach. Nothing more, nothing less. He talks about the team he has and what the goal is for Brighton. It may upset some here that he chooses to stay in his lane, but I believe that is because the majority are not happy with who we have on the team, or part of the club. We have that luxury to feel and express that, but CR does not.

A pretty fair summary except that Ranieri sold himself to the Khans by attending every home match this season, saying the players were good enough, and then hoping for reinforcements in the very last hours of the window.  That is a familiar mantra of life under the Khans.... for coaches of which there have been a multitude (well eight of them including caretakers) ....

That is a familiar mantra for the majority of managers in the premier league, or any league. Look throughout the transfer centre, most, if not all, have no comments on players they are hoping to bring in to this window. Until there are definite targets, and both parties are aware, then the manager can comment.
In other words Ranieri just went through the motions which is what I would call not good enough.

If Ranieri says I want Neymar, and Neymar has no idea, now Neymar's agent has an idea - now the rumours start saying that Fulham are in for Neymar.

It's pretty straight forward and from what other managers say to the media, textbook. 

What I like about Ranieri's comment couple weeks ago about Gary Cahill is that "he is not our player", meaning he's committed to who he has on the squad right at that given moment. 

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 28, 2019, 04:43:24 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2019, 04:37:50 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 28, 2019, 04:18:15 PM
As has been mentioned the prolonged absence of Anguissa is not going to be much of a problem but what on earth did he do? The last I saw of him he was trudging off at Old Trafford after his red card and a 2/10 performance.
2/ 10? I thought he was having a good game up there. And he should have never been sent off

I assume you mostly are referring to the second half before the sending off? Or do you think he had a good first half performance?

And Fulhamben.
We covered this on the day but it does seem an age ago. I was on a jolly with some well qualified coaches and other footie people and sat up in the gods we reworked the prozone analysis methodology just because we had the team sheets and some pens and lots of beer. The VIP museum + lunch gig is actually very good. Collectively our lot did not do very well, I am afraid I can't remember the specifics now, but Anguissa did lose points for the red card. He might have been on a five at most.At the time I remember thinking he reminded me of the likes of Mitroglu and Shefkie Kukie in that his boots were two sizes too small and they were on the wrong feet.