watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri's pre Brighton Press Conference

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, January 28, 2019, 02:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Apart from saying AK is suspended but the door is open for his return, it's just same old, same old.

nose returns

didn't really learn much from that except he still is in denial about the spurs game

Mince n Tatties

howitis

i thought he seemed a tad defeatist and rather accepting of our fate

Holders

Sounds like Mawson's had surgery - check in six weeks.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ByTheRiver

I agree he sounded down, but I would imagine he is feeling very let down by the owners or, worse, misled. I don't imagine for a moment he would have taken the job without some promises about players coming in (regardless of what he said about believing the squad was good enough, etc) and it is now 28th Jan, we've known for months the defence wasn't good enough, we've dropped points in the last 2-3 games where a CB/RB possibly would have made the difference.

I think this is coming from a similar place to Slav's rants every January*. As, shock horror, they've done exactly the same (not a great deal and then likely a mad scramble on deadline day, far too late, when all Jan's games have passed).

I'd feel let down too. I imagine he's not angry like Slavisa as he's not worried about putting pressure on them to buy, just more accepting in a 'Oh well, you'll go down - with all the related effects on your investment - and I'll head back off to into semi retirement, comfortable and happy. Ready to take another position if it takes my fancy, but no big shakes either way". 

*which I defended vehemently - check old posts - as he was essentially risking his job for us/the good of the team

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Holders on January 28, 2019, 03:30:20 PM

Jeeeez. We should forget about signing a player and employ a pre match dresser, boot lace threader and sock puller upper. This injury has, and will continue to, cost us dearly.

filham

We should of course wish him a quick recovery but I suspect we will not see him start again this season. Only played 13 games for us since signing.

Holders

Quote from: filham on January 28, 2019, 03:48:40 PM
We should of course wish him a quick recovery but I suspect we will not see him start again this season. Only played 13 games for us since signing.

Ranieri said he'd be back for the end of the season - but who knows?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

davew

Quote from: howitis on January 28, 2019, 03:11:13 PM
i thought he seemed a tad defeatist and rather accepting of our fate
Needs to join this forum, more than welcome and in good company!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Matt10

I didn't think he sound down at all. He literally says he is a positive individual. The talking points that stood out to me were:

- Kamara suspended, but no problem to return for Ranieri.
- Anguissa still not ready.
- Mawson injury more significant than thought, 6 weeks.
- We played very good against Spurs, just need to recognize scenario.
- Looking at opportunities in transfer market.

To me, he just sounds like a coach. Nothing more, nothing less. He talks about the team he has and what the goal is for Brighton. It may upset some here that he chooses to stay in his lane, but I believe that is because the majority are not happy with who we have on the team, or part of the club. We have that luxury to feel and express that, but CR does not.

MikeW

TBH I don't see the continuing absence of Anguissa as any great loss to the team.  He is pretty useless from what we have seen thus far and I would off load him like a shot.  Alfie is proving a liability but did we not know this when he signed?

All too little too late but was ever thus.

The whole back office at the club seems to be a shambles.  Isn't it AM's job to show some leadership alongside TK and fire them into life? All seems very cosy.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ScalleysDad

As has been mentioned the prolonged absence of Anguissa is not going to be much of a problem but what on earth did he do? The last I saw of him he was trudging off at Old Trafford after his red card and a 2/10 performance.

fulhamben

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 28, 2019, 04:18:15 PM
As has been mentioned the prolonged absence of Anguissa is not going to be much of a problem but what on earth did he do? The last I saw of him he was trudging off at Old Trafford after his red card and a 2/10 performance.
2/ 10? I thought he was having a good game up there. And he should have never been sent off
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose returns

actually looking at the offal it says this re AK
"I don't know what's happened here. Now there is a club investigation and I am waiting, but if he comes back it's no problem for me. For the team there is no problem.
It says he is happy to have AK and the management of the club are the issue.
this is bad for everybody.
either he is our player and staying in which case we need him.
or
they think he is a disruptive element, in which case get him out

but for the manager not to know is ridiculous, how can he make his plans?

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2019, 04:37:50 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 28, 2019, 04:18:15 PM
2/ 10? I thought he was having a good game up there. And he should have never been sent off

I assume you mostly are referring to the second half before the sending off? Or do you think he had a good first half performance?

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on January 28, 2019, 04:01:14 PM
I didn't think he sound down at all. He literally says he is a positive individual. The talking points that stood out to me were:

To me, he just sounds like a coach. Nothing more, nothing less. He talks about the team he has and what the goal is for Brighton. It may upset some here that he chooses to stay in his lane, but I believe that is because the majority are not happy with who we have on the team, or part of the club. We have that luxury to feel and express that, but CR does not.

A pretty fair summary except that Ranieri sold himself to the Khans by attending every home match this season, saying the players were good enough, and then hoping for reinforcements in the very last hours of the window.  That is a familiar mantra of life under the Khans.... for coaches of which there have been a multitude (well eight of them including caretakers) ....

toshes mate

Quote from: nose on January 28, 2019, 04:43:21 PM
actually looking at the offal it says this re AK
"I don't know what's happened here. Now there is a club investigation and I am waiting, but if he comes back it's no problem for me. For the team there is no problem.
It says he is happy to have AK and the management of the club are the issue.
this is bad for everybody.
either he is our player and staying in which case we need him.
or
they think he is a disruptive element, in which case get him out

but for the manager not to know is ridiculous, how can he make his plans?
Quite so, Sir.

Matt10

Quote from: toshes mate on January 28, 2019, 04:46:50 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 28, 2019, 04:01:14 PM

A pretty fair summary except that Ranieri sold himself to the Khans by attending every home match this season, saying the players were good enough, and then hoping for reinforcements in the very last hours of the window.  That is a familiar mantra of life under the Khans.... for coaches of which there have been a multitude (well eight of them including caretakers) ....

That is a familiar mantra for the majority of managers in the premier league, or any league. Look throughout the transfer centre, most, if not all, have no comments on players they are hoping to bring in to this window. Until there are definite targets, and both parties are aware, then the manager can comment.