Simon Davies - Fulham Legend

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, October 20, 2010, 09:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Simon Davies braced for bit-part role at Fulham
Oct 20 2010 By Paul Warburton

Add a comment
Recommend
SIMON Davies will hang up his boots at the end of his new Fulham contract in 2013.

But the winger insists he can go out on a high by scoring again in another Europa League final for the Whites.

Davies was the only man on the mark during that famous May night in Hamburg when Fulham lost 2-1 to Athletico Madrid – but reckons lightning can strike twice at Craven Cottage.

However, it won't surprise the 30-year-old if he is reduced to a bit part over the next two campaigns – although the ex-Peterborough player has no plans to return to the lower leagues just to keep going.

He said: "I'm pretty realistic about the next two seasons – particularly in the position I play. I reckon I'll get used more sparingly.

"I've been lucky to play in the Premier League for most of my career – and I don't think I'm one to go down the leagues. I imagine it would be frustrating."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/10/20/simon-davies-braced-for-bit-part-role-at-fulham-82029-27506830/?#ixzz12t0dPATC

Good attitude from him, it will be fantastic for us to be able to call upon him in more of a reserve role over the next few years as the youngsters come in.

LBNo11

...you just cannot help liking the guy. I think he genuinly likes it here at Fulham. There is no doubting that he has always put in 100% and had been a fantastic servant, another of those players who you notice when he is not there.

Such a shame that we have never found a suitable song for him, I wish the Fulham choir would concentrate on positive songs about Fulham and their players, rather than anti-c#el$e@ songs.

Thanks for everything Simon...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 20, 2010, 10:20:30 AM
...you just cannot help liking the guy. I think he genuinly likes it here at Fulham. There is no doubting that he has always put in 100% and had been a fantastic servant, another of those players who you notice when he is not there.

Such a shame that we have never found a suitable song for him, I wish the Fulham choir would concentrate on positive songs about Fulham and their players, rather than anti-c#el$e@ songs.

Thanks for everything Simon...

And remember, he stopped his international career in order to prolong his Fulham one.

Hazey

Maybe we can come up with a song based on his nickname of "Digger"??  What part of Wales is he from?

I have no ideas yet thought.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

mccscratch

I will admit that I was skeptical of him after the poor season he had just after being player of the year.. I thought he was finished but truth is... he was far from it... solid player and professional through and through...

Just hope AJ has the same grit and can make a believer out of me again...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

HatterDon

My God, are you telling me that the supporters don't already have a song for Super Taffy?  :029: Jesus, he's on his FOURTH manager with us now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SmithyFFC

:clap_hands: 'One Simon Davies, there's only one Simon Davies'  :clap_hands:
FTID

LBNo11

...to Bread Of Heaven:-

"Simon Davies, Simon Davies, feed the strikers and we'll score, Feed the strikers and we'll score"
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Hazey on October 20, 2010, 06:27:01 PM
Maybe we can come up with a song based on his nickname of "Digger"??  What part of Wales is he from?

Haverfordwest -now make a chant out of this one. :011:

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on October 21, 2010, 11:24:18 PM
Quote from: Hazey on October 20, 2010, 06:27:01 PM

Haverfordwest -now make a chant out of this one. :011:

too easy

Haverfordwest
Haverfordwest
Our Digger Davies is clearly the best.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel