watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two quick thoughts

Started by Denver Fulham, January 29, 2019, 10:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denver Fulham

1. Seri was tremendous tonight. He's been percolating for a few matches, but that was the player we paid for.

2. We need a new RB desperately before this window shuts.

(I'm assuming it's obvious we need a new CB, too.)

DevonFFC

Seri is class act, glad people are seeing this now.

The Rational Fan

If we don't have EPL money or options, a few Top Championship backs would help us as bench options. You right about Seri, Seri looks better every game, if he keeps improving he'll be worth his price tag soon.

SG

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 29, 2019, 10:27:23 PM
And perhaps they will admit that his fee and that of MLM was not a waste of money. Only need to convince them that Anguissa is a decent player when given a decent run in the team!

Black and White Town

To be fair to his detractors, it has taken him longer than it should have to show his quality.

DevonFFC

Quote from: SG on January 29, 2019, 10:33:31 PM
And perhaps they will admit that his fee and that of MLM was not a waste of money. Only need to convince them that Anguissa is a decent player when given a decent run in the team!

Not seen enough of Zambo to comment but look forward to him getting some game time when got.

Got a lot of stick before for supporting Seri as everyone was on the Cairney wagon, however they are two completely different players which I don't think many realised from watching the YouTube videos

@jolslover

He's class. If everyone was on his level we wouldn't be in this mess
STH H3

JoelH5

Bang on post. Seri was excellent. Beautiful curled passes out to the wings.

RB is our main problem and also desperately need a CB.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Rational Fan

Quote from: SG on January 29, 2019, 10:33:31 PM

Anguissa is potentially a great player, but London air and the Fulham shirt seem like "Kryptonite" for him. Watch Anguissa against Australia (who Kante and Pogba were average against) and then compare than to his Fulham performances (eg ManU).

Recruitment is not our biggest problem, but getting French speaking players play their best seems to be a much more major problem. The positive is at least Anguissa cannot play any worse.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 29, 2019, 10:54:41 PM

In modest fairness to Cyrus, he's not a wingback. He's better as a traditional RB, but he's still killing way too many of our attacks with bad decisions/crosses, and his effort/awareness on Brighton's second goal was really poor.

Imagine Mitro getting a steady service of crosses from Babel and Bryan on the left and someone like what Montoya looked like today from the right...

The Rational Fan

Rumours are Montoya was the player Fulham wanted instead of TFM, how different our season would have been if we got him?

Denver Fulham

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 29, 2019, 11:38:58 PM
Rumours are Montoya was the player Fulham wanted instead of TFM, how different our season would have been if we got him?

TK actually tweeted in August that he had elected to go another direction on Montoya. Who knows what is the truth?

Bassey the warrior

Seri excellent, he deserved a goal.

toshes mate

If Seri repeats that performance in every game for the rest of the season only then he will convince me of hs credentials.  Brighton were woeful is the second half and that may have flattered our performance. For my money it was Chambers work rate that made the difference for the whole midfield.

RaySmith

Quote from: Denver Fulham on January 29, 2019, 11:32:18 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 29, 2019, 10:54:41 PM

In modest fairness to Cyrus, he's not a wingback. He's better as a traditional RB, but he's still killing way too many of our attacks with bad decisions/crosses, and his effort/awareness on Brighton's second goal was really poor.

Imagine Mitro getting a steady service of crosses from Babel and Bryan on the left and someone like what Montoya looked like today from the right...

Cyrus made so many runs into space down the right wing, made himself available for the successful counter attack, and caused them a lot of problems in the second half last night.

As for Seri - agree he was brilliant.

It seemed the most miserable of nights for me last night- completely soaked in my uncovered Hammy End seat, and going 2 -0 down so abjectly and quickly, and then that MAGNIFICENT second half.

Reminded me a bit of that Great Escape City game,  that I was also lucky enough to attend - could it provide  a similar catalyst for this season.

Carborundum

It wasn't just that Seri was excellent, the players around him figured out how to play with him.  Chambers, Cairney and,crucially, Babel provided distracting outlets that gave him options and drew opposition players away from him.  That gave him time and space and his close control and vision did the rest.  Wonderful football to watch.

It reminded me at times of our team in the last Premier League campaign when the overriding tactic was: get the ball to Danny and he'll figure out what to do with it.

Corner turned or simply evidence that even the weakest PL teams can occasionally muster 45 minutes of champagne football?  I simply don't know.

RaySmith

Quote from: Carborundum on January 30, 2019, 09:45:10 AM
It wasn't just that Seri was excellent, the players around him figured out how to play with him.  Chambers, Cairney and,crucially, Babel provided distracting outlets that gave him options and drew opposition players away from him.  That gave him time and space and his close control and vision did the rest.  Wonderful football to watch.

It reminded me at times of our team in the last Premier League campaign when the overriding tactic was: get the ball to Danny and he'll figure out what to do with it.

Corner turned or simply evidence that even the weakest PL teams can occasionally muster 45 minutes of champagne football?  I simply don't know.

But I think we've been threatening to do something like this, with  a lot of our attacking play in recent games, when we have been very unlucky, I think, as well as awful defending at times, which we displayed again last night in the opening ten minutes - though we went on to defend resolutely in the  second half, with a bit of luck and some great saves by Rico.

So is it all to confidence? I think  a lot is that - see the way Seri turned it on last night, really looking a top  creative player, and determined grafter for the cause, and Vietto too looked good, and TC also came  back into his own, helped by the way he was  played.

But, as I've said in previous threads, I was so impressed with the character and determination of the team last night, and actually being there will I'm sure go down in my personal  Fulham memory annals as a heroic display, going from despair to complete euphoria, on a par with the victory at City in the Great Escape.
But I think it's the  attitude and charcter of the team, along with magnificent  Mitro, of course, that could save us.

Matt10

The commentator in the match absolutely rated Christie as playing great for us, bar some bad touches and poor defending on their 2nd goal. His crosses became corners or throw ins, or they were very dangerous in the box, not to mention the first goal was from his lofted pass that was then headed down to find Chambers' foot.

colinwhite

Christie played well going forwars but unfortunately ball watches and is not focused in defense.

MJG

I had a bit of a run in  with Christie after the previous game on Twitter but I've always thought that while Fredericks kept him out the team there wasn't a lot between them. He's like Fred when when he first arrived, crossing not great and switching off and nit being alert to danger.
Attacking wise id like him to cross quicker, more first time and before he's closed down. Defending wise I'd like him closer and behind the man than he gets. Second half of games at home he's virtually in front of me at GK's and I just feel he's not quite sure where he should be as a defender.
Just the views of a long term fan