watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

As Tom would say, WTF?

Started by finnster01, October 20, 2010, 12:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

The new FIFA ranking is out for the month of October and the US drops 7(!) spots to 25th. Meanwhile, England stays put at 6th after achieving a magnificent draw at home to the powerhouse called Montenegro.

I never liked those rankings in the first place, but don't tell me that Norway should be ranked 12(!) spots ahead of the US, Hangeland or no Hangeland. It just does not make any sense.

The only way I can explain this is that the US FA must have forgot to mail Sepp the brown bag this month
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

fulhamwannabe

let's be honnest,the us team doesn't even deserve to be in the top 50,we hardly ever see them play,and when they do,they play costa rica and jamaica man  :005:

HatterDon

Let's be honest: fulhamwannabe is a dork.

I don't understand the rankings either, guys and I never have. The draws against a very good Poland and a very average Colombia is pretty much all FIFA have to go by. The example of how stupid these rankings are was in 2006 where FIFA had USA ranked at 8 just before the World Cup. Then they didn't "seed" us before the drawings -- the only ranked team NOT to be. It means nothing, but then again, who cares?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamwannabe

finnster01

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 20, 2010, 10:05:39 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 20, 2010, 09:50:33 PM
Let's be honest: fulhamwannabe is a dork.
cheers!
And did Algeria win their group in the WC? Please remind me who did before you throw stones out of your crystal palace. Algeria is shite.

RidgeRider

25th? We're not that bad. We had a decent WC. I agree......WTF?

fulhamwannabe

Quote from: finnster01 on October 21, 2010, 02:18:22 AM
Algeria is shite.
once again,thank you for insulting my beloved country,,,,,,,,,but i choose not to retaliate

finnster01

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 21, 2010, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on October 21, 2010, 02:18:22 AM
Algeria is shite.
once again,thank you for insulting my beloved country,,,,,,,,,but i choose not to retaliate
And don't you think that Americans are insulted on behalf of their beloved country with you saying utter nonsense such as "USA doesn't even deserve to be in the top 50"? How many WC's has Algeria been to? You are ranked 33rd in the world which is a massive overrating.

The truth of the matter is that Algeria didn't even deserve to be in the World Cup (just ask any Egyptian) and it damned well showed. You ended up with a single point and the very bottom of the group. You lot couldn't even beat an egg if your life depended on it.

The only surprise is outside of Mr HatterDon I am the only one wanting to roll you in tar and feathers, and I am English.

fulhamwannabe

i still choose not to respond,because if i start,i know i'm gonna get the straight  :red:,as i'm already on a "warning" for??????
but i do hope that the modest moderator DO read your comments,and let him decide on the outcome!thank you finn  :dft012:
p.s:the USA do not deserve to be in the top 50 is an opinion and is very different from me saying the USA are poo,which i never said  :038:

finnster01

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 21, 2010, 01:35:13 PM
i still choose not to respond,because if i start,i know i'm gonna get the straight  :red:,as i'm already on a "warning" for??????
but i do hope that the modest moderator DO read your comments,and let him decide on the outcome!thank you finn  :dft012:
p.s:the USA do not deserve to be in the top 50 is an opinion and is very different from me saying the USA are sh1t,which i never said  :038:

I don't think stating the simple facts will get anyone banned, but good luck to Algeria. You have a lot of work to do.

Logicalman

HEY Lads, lets ratchet the language down a little can we please?  No need for overt insults, no matter what the provocation is, can we keep it a little more gentleman-like, eh.

Please? Pretty Please, even?  :002:

finnster01

Mr. Tony,
This is so old news and dead and buried that I suspect you may have a Toyota in your garage mate.  :011:

What is interesting though is that it apparently takes an exile Brit and a good Southern Texan to fly the US colours on the topic

Logicalman

Finn,

No arguments from this side, though the thing we have to remember about the FIFA rankings is that they are, somewhat, seasonal, inasmuch that Euro 2012 is currently skewing the figures. Take the case of Montenegro, climbed up 14 places to 24, simple because they beat the Swiss (21 down to 23) and drew with England(6) gaining 1827 points
Unfortunately for the US, we have played just Poland (69) and Columbia (46) ending in draws since the WC, gaining just 275 points. We play South Africa (52) in November, and there lies the rub. Whilst the Euros are going on, the European clubs will gain points on the rest of us, and the US team are not in a position to play many of the top 20, so chances of points are slim at the moment. If we choose to play those on our continent, and next door, we then take on teams such as Brazil (3), Uruguay (7), Argentina (5), Chile (14) and Mexico (28), and which of those will we pick points up from?

Nobody particularly likes the Rankings, the problem is that there is (currently) no other method to determine such things, and snapshots, such as these that give birth to these kinds of threads will have little meaning in a month or 2 months time.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 20, 2010, 09:35:27 PM
let's be honnest,the us team doesn't even deserve to be in the top 50,we hardly ever see them play,and when they do,they play costa rica and jamaica man  :005:

Before throwing stones regarding competition however, perhaps an inner look at one's own might bring up some surprises.
Algeria is currently 33rd in the rankings, and their most recent matches have included teams such as: Central African Republic(112) lost 2-0; Tanzania(120) drew 1-1; Gabon (39) lost 1-0, and with Luxembourg in the near future, it doesn't look like Algeria really has much more star-studded teams than the US to play, does it?

I am all for reasoned argument and discussion, but I would caution against throwing stones when standing in the middle of ones very own glasshouse.