https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

so that's it then

Started by nose returns, January 31, 2019, 11:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose returns

the owner said he would back the manager
TK said we would make multiple signings

we are in the depths of a dog fight and they have failed to provide adequate bullets  for a non existent gun

we remain a team with no decent defending capability so now just have to hope that either we manage to outscore the opposition which at least will be thrilling, or enjoy champinship football.

the biggest signing would be a proper DoF, time for a proffesional to take the reigns.

I Ronic

Out of interest who would be your DoF of choice. You regularly have a pop about this and that. Which you're quite entitled to do but you rarely come up with an alternative. Just a moan.

Woolly Mammoth

Sabaly is still in the pipeline, held up as they cannot get hold of Bordiaux. The player is at MP after having medical locally.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

Quote from: I Ronic on January 31, 2019, 11:18:58 PM
Out of interest who would be your DoF of choice. You regularly have a pop about this and that. Which you're quite entitled to do but you rarely come up with an alternative. Just a moan.

I am glad to see one of the 'moan' brigade have started early. i do not moan I merely say what I see. I say what we all see and that there is something very wrong with our management.

regarding a potential new DoF your accusative request for my suggestion as to who might be avaialbleis pointless because I do not know who is curently avaable and for this type of position I am not sure I can name many. but I can offer advice on what he should be, and that is an experienced person working in proffesional football management with a long term understanding of how a club works. if you want a s[pecific suggestion somebody in the glenn hoddle mould ( I know e is currently still not well) but that type person, an ex manager or even a danny murphy type person not in management as such but with a keen eye for a player that sort of person.

what I do not want is an inexperienced man that despite repeated failures keeps his job when a normal hired hand would have been given the boot years ago for incompetence.

I Ronic

moan noun

\ ˈmōn  \

Definition of moan

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: LAMENTATION, COMPLAINT... made a great moan if he had to work ...— D. H. Lawrence

2: a low prolonged sound of pain or of griefa moan of distress

Face it, your a moaner.

A Danny Murphy type. I'd agree someone whose been in football a long time. Unfortunately he falls into your category of No experience in that roll.

toshes mate

Quote from: I Ronic on January 31, 2019, 11:43:58 PM
A Danny Murphy type. I'd agree someone whose been in football a long time. Unfortunately he falls into your category of No experience in that roll.
See your point. TK of course has loads of experience in English football by your reckoning then.  (From another serial complainer about TK which is a much better phrase for what you are trying to get across unless you care to call every comment complaining about something in the history of this forum a moan).   

I Ronic

Where have I said TK has loads of experience buying players for a club in English football? He hasn't.

..FOF..

Ironic indeed.... a moaner moaning about a moan?

moan noun

\ ˈmōn  \

Definition of moan

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: LAMENTATION, COMPLAINT... made a great moan if he had to work ...— D. H. Lawrence

2: a low prolonged sound of pain or of griefa moan of distress

Face it, your a moaner.

nose returns

moan noun

\ ˈmōn  \

Definition of moan

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: LAMENTATION, COMPLAINT... made a great moan if he had to work ...— D. H. Lawrence

2: a low prolonged sound of pain or of griefa moan of distress

Face it, your a moaner.

i appreciate the definition, it seems I am a moaner according to the dictionary but i suspect the term is used more colloquially when aimmed at me  :005:

regarding murphy and lack of experience, i did say OR a murphy type. and you could argue a life in football and apparently usually  talking sense gives him enough experience to run the transfers, which in the end is the part I am concerned with. I do not think a DoF is actually such a good idea, just a modern trend... but dealing with bringing new players to the managers attention is what I am after and a removed personfrom day to day training as a sounding board.

I take the comments you mmade in the light hearted spirit you have made them and if you see my morning posts so far they are strangely very positive, i just hope team selection on saturday does not let me down.

nose returns

apparently when i went to bed we had only got one player...when i woke up it was two

my private spies tell me that both these guys we got have goo chances of being positive additions so I am happy with that. let's get behind the lads.

Sting of the North

Quote from: nose on February 01, 2019, 10:37:24 AM

i appreciate the definition, it seems I am a moaner according to the dictionary but i suspect the term is used more colloquially when aimmed at me  :005:

regarding murphy and lack of experience, i did say OR a murphy type. and you could argue a life in football and apparently usually  talking sense gives him enough experience to run the transfers, which in the end is the part I am concerned with. I do not think a DoF is actually such a good idea, just a modern trend... but dealing with bringing new players to the managers attention is what I am after and a removed personfrom day to day training as a sounding board.

I take the comments you mmade in the light hearted spirit you have made them and if you see my morning posts so far they are strangely very positive, i just hope team selection on saturday does not let me down.

I see what you are saying, but have never really understood why a former player necessarily would make a good recruiter. I know that Murphy seems a well spoken and clever guy, but he surely has no experience relevant to such a job? We all have to start somewhere, but far to often former players is appointed as managers, or coaches at clubs that are way above their standard. I would say a DoF or similar role is further away from the experience of an ex player than a coaching role. On the other hand, sometimes it just works out (Zidane did fairly well at Real for example). 

Not trying to take a dig at all, but I believe it is an interesting discussion.

Sting of the North

Quote from: nose on February 01, 2019, 10:39:09 AM
apparently when i went to bed we had only got one player...when i woke up it was two

my private spies tell me that both these guys we got have goo chances of being positive additions so I am happy with that. let's get behind the lads.

I like your attitude today. Myself I feel a bit disheartened so it is nice to see positive posts.

Peabody

Nose, was it last year, when you took a sabbatical just before our tremendous run of undefeated. Games?

I Ronic

He did. As much as his negativity (to my way of thinking) gets on my tits. I hope he sticks around. We all support the same Club and want the best for it. I usually put in a reply to his posts and I cant say any have been in agreement and a fair few uncomplimentry. I hope he doesn't offend easily.

SG

I agree we all want the best for our club. But I fail to see how constantly complaining about TK, SK, CR etc is actually going to change anything. By all means stimulate a discussion about tactics, policy etc as that can be interesting but the repetitive moans just becomes tedious

Peabody

If you did Nose,, do a runner I mean (see what I did there), when you left, you already had Fulham in Lleague One and the reverse. Happened. So, it would seem to me, that another holiday would be in order. No pressure. but we are running out of games.

john dempsey

this is beyond boring more like fracking.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: nose on January 31, 2019, 11:29:48 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on January 31, 2019, 11:18:58 PM

I am glad to see one of the 'moan' brigade have started early. i do not moan I merely say what I see. I say what we all see and that there is something very wrong with our management.

regarding a potential new DoF your accusative request for my suggestion as to who might be avaialbleis pointless because I do not know who is curently avaable and for this type of position I am not sure I can name many. but I can offer advice on what he should be, and that is an experienced person working in proffesional football management with a long term understanding of how a club works. if you want a s[pecific suggestion somebody in the glenn hoddle mould ( I know e is currently still not well) but that type person, an ex manager or even a danny murphy type person not in management as such but with a keen eye for a player that sort of person.

what I do not want is an inexperienced man that despite repeated failures keeps his job when a normal hired hand would have been given the boot years ago for incompetence.
Totally agree with you Nose.
Keep going with your realistic, unblinkered posts.
People need reminding that to take no notice of history is to be destined to repeat past mistakes (and TK has done this).

nose returns

Quote from: Peabody on February 01, 2019, 03:36:26 PM
Nose, was it last year, when you took a sabbatical just before our tremendous run of undefeated. Games?

i have to say that has occured to me and i am wondering if i should sacrifice my brillaince on the board for the common good but none of my usual superstitions have worked this season. i will think it over for a few hours!!!!

nose returns

Quote from: I Ronic on February 01, 2019, 03:50:12 PM
He did. As much as his negativity (to my way of thinking) gets on my tits. I hope he sticks around. We all support the same Club and want the best for it. I usually put in a reply to his posts and I cant say any have been in agreement and a fair few uncomplimentry. I hope he doesn't offend easily.

iam a big boy and can handle it. i liked the earlier post it was funny and made your point well!
I do not like rudness but do know i can go on a bit, when i read some of my posts I wonder if they were really mine.
However, what will not change is we should be playing 4 3 3 or similar, we should be playing it on the floor and quickly, we need TC to start.
I honestly have no regard or faith in the manager to do the right thing
I honestly think the kHans will come good but TK must be relieved of his current duties.

that is really the begining and end of it.

and refering to the murphy thing. i would prefer somebody experienced but an insightful ex player may be just what we need. i still think the manager has the last word only subject to budget considerations. the steve finnan's and horsefields, binnisel and voltz's I do not think would have been acquired by this management team and that is the problem, they di not understand whatthey are doing. I think a murophy or murphy like man just might. that is why i suggested that.

anyone with an AKA like I ronic has to be a good person, even if you do not often agree with my point of view.