News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Confident. Despite being lied to/ terrible transfer window.

Started by fcfulham55, February 01, 2019, 04:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

We will steer clear of huddersfield and finish 19th. Sure, they may close the gap. But 6 points will be too much for them in my honest opinion. So at least we'll not be the worst team of this terrible season. And we have a few good memories, the Brighton comeback tops the short list.

But let's just enjoy anything we can, and hope that new ownership without the BS connects us with the club again.  No more piss take tickets prices will be nice next season in the championship for a start.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

N_O_W_S

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 01, 2019, 04:32:27 PM
Hope we get new ownership I should say.

I don't think new ownership is the answer. Actually I think the Khans are very good owners, with the exception of the management of transfers.

The investment into the club has been outstanding. Motspur and purchase of adjacent land, the playing staff (although not entirely successful) and (when it happens) the Riverside development are a massive investment and something we should be feeling positive about.

I am not happy about the transfer windows (plural) but am fully in support of the Khans.

BedsFFC

We spend £100m on transfers and start work on the Riverside stand starts this year, which guarantees out future at CC for the foreseeable future. And you want to get new owners.

I am not going to say what I think of your opinion but just to say that I couldnt disagree more with you.

We have owners that want to do the right thing and I believe will get it right. I think people are under the impression we could have Man c type owners when the reality is, if we sold the club, it would be a fair bet the ground would be sold down the line as ultimately that is where the value is of any investment.

Get your pitch forks out if thats what you want, but for gods sake wait until the stand is built

JimOG

Without going over old ground they were sold a pup by Alf who had stop investing in the playing squad. Yes mistakes were made - Magath being a major one and I remember sitting in Deepdale nearly 3 years ago watching one of the worst Fulham teams, & I go back 60 years. Jokanovic gave up on his vision of football watching Tunnicliffe et al and, pragmatically played long to our aces McCormack & Dembele. We were on our way down to Div 1. The last 2 years has seen significant progress and whilst I have sympathy for those fans who would like to guide TK away from an analytics model that works well in US sport but doesn't translate over here, I do believe they deserve a bit more credit than they are getting. There is progress at the club and I'd like to believe TK will learn much from this year. We will go down but we can rebuild and come back more ready for the Premiership IF he has absorbed what's needed

john dempsey

bill taylors apprentice

Bonkers!

I think the recruitment model stinks and TK is using the club to prove his stats business works and increase its value.
That's a shame because otherwise the evidence clearly shows we have good owners.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JimOG on February 01, 2019, 05:07:19 PM
Without going over old ground they were sold a pup by Alf who had stop investing in the playing squad. Yes mistakes were made - Magath being a major one and I remember sitting in Deepdale nearly 3 years ago watching one of the worst Fulham teams, & I go back 60 years. Jokanovic gave up on his vision of football watching Tunnicliffe et al and, pragmatically played long to our aces McCormack & Dembele. We were on our way down to Div 1. The last 2 years has seen significant progress and whilst I have sympathy for those fans who would like to guide TK away from an analytics model that works well in US sport but doesn't translate over here, I do believe they deserve a bit more credit than they are getting. There is progress at the club and I'd like to believe TK will learn much from this year. We will go down but we can rebuild and come back more ready for the Premiership IF he has absorbed what's needed

TK should not be learning at Fulhams expense, he should go back to school, and allow a proper qualified person do the job without his interference.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 01, 2019, 05:28:07 PM

Bonkers!

I think the recruitment model stinks and TK is using the club to prove his stats business works and increase its value.
That's a shame because otherwise the evidence clearly shows we have good owners.

Look I'm critical of TK and the transfer windows under his management - he doesn't seem to know what he's doing... but as far as the Khan's go (perhaps just Shahid!?) - they are pretty good owners. They just haven't got to grips with what it means to run a modern and competitive football club yet.

General

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 01, 2019, 05:34:07 PM
Quote from: JimOG on February 01, 2019, 05:07:19 PM

TK should not be learning at Fulhams expense, he should go back to school, and allow a proper qualified person do the job without his interference.

100% agree Woolly Mammoth. It's ok to do it if you're starting a business as an entrepreneur and you're putting proper thought into what needs to be learned and you're learning it and you're taking on a calculated risk and have people who hold you to account... but he hasn't shown improvement in implementing things properly over time.

nose returns

The Khan's have there hearts in the right place
But
TK would have lost his job anywhere else in the world but for his dad. I am happy to have TK on board but not in his current position.

hovewhite

It's lack of experience,and hate slagging anyone in the club off but the Khan's need to start learning lessons than just hoping the next window will be better.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: hovewhite on February 01, 2019, 06:18:33 PM
It's lack of experience,and hate slagging anyone in the club off but the Khan's need to start learning lessons than just hoping the next window will be better.
We can only hope but:
All the time TK is doing the transfers not much will change.

davew

Stupid thread, move on!! Agree about the lack of decent transfers though, but not surprised, thought they might have sold our prize assets, so thankful they didn't!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

JoelH5

Quote from: davew on February 01, 2019, 09:49:55 PM
Stupid thread, move on!! Agree about the lack of decent transfers though, but not surprised, thought they might have sold our prize assets, so thankful they didn't!

Yeah people aren't mentioning that. The window was a success in itself as we didn't lose Mitro, TC, Sess etc which could have happened due to our weakend position. Then we really would be up poo creek
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 01, 2019, 09:54:35 PM
Quote from: davew on February 01, 2019, 09:49:55 PM

Yeah people aren't mentioning that. The window was a success in itself as we didn't lose Mitro, TC, Sess etc which could have happened due to our weakend position. Then we really would be up poo creek
At last we agree about something (lol), some people....worse than me!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rock

Statto

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 01, 2019, 04:57:53 PM
We spend £100m on transfers and start work on the Riverside stand starts this year

Some minor corrections I'd suggest to make this statement less misleading:

"We spent £100m on transfers, and it may with the passage of time emerge that a small portion of that was funded from the owner's pocket rather than TV money, and work on the Riverside stand is supposed to start this year, although of course it was supposed to start several years ago and has been repeatedly pushed back so we won't know until we actually see spades in the ground."

Twig

Quote from: nose on February 01, 2019, 06:10:14 PM
The Khan's have there hearts in the right place
But
TK would have lost his job anywhere else in the world but for his dad. I am happy to have TK on board but not in his current position.

Pretty much where I stand. The Khans are proving to be decent owners who seem genuine in their desire to invest in the club's infrastructure. They have made mistakes on the footballing side and the biggest by far is persisting with Tony Khan as D o F.