watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic can earn move to a "good team"

Started by bwamy, February 02, 2019, 08:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwamy

What kind of a f***ing thing is that to say? Completely lost respect for Ranieri. We may not be the biggest team but we have our pride.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mitrovic-can-earn-move-a-13939434

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 02, 2019, 10:04:29 AM
I saw that headline earlier, but reading the article he does not say that from what I can see.

He does use the term 'Bring' in an odd way, but One of those Ranieri isms I think, which the tabloids love to report one way, but when you see Ranieri say it is a totally different context.

I took what he said as being a huge compliment to Mitro saying he is capable of being a prized player amongst Europe's elite, not that He is looking to sell him. He is saying this is a great chance to prove how good he is.

If that makes any sense :)

Here yer are, this ruddy awful robot voiced video makes the story less 'sensational' and along the lines of how I read it.

https://youtu.be/QW3KpBa-SLg

I could be wrong but I think the Mirror are knowingly making a 'shocking' headline there.

The Old Count

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 02, 2019, 10:11:28 AM
I saw that headline earlier, but reading the article he does not say that from what I can see.

He does use the term 'Bring' in an odd way, but One of those Ranieri isms I think, which the tabloids love to report one way, but when you see Ranieri say it is a totally different context.

I took what he said as being a huge compliment to Mitro saying he is capable of being a prized player amongst Europe's elite, not that He is looking to sell him. He is saying this is a great chance to prove how good he is.

Here yer are, this ruddy awful robot voiced video makes the story less 'sensational' and along the lines of how I read it.

I could be wrong but I think the Mirror are knowingly making a 'shocking' headline there.

A tabloid newspaper making up a shocking headline - surely not!

A not unexpected put-down directed at FFC by the Mirror.

Andy S

General

Ultimately this is one area where you'd like to think having Tony khan in charge of transfers would make ranieris thoughts in the matter null and void if he did say those things in that context.

I can't imagine, knowing how integral mitrovic was to our championship form and the fact he was willing to play for us there Tony would let him go unless we got an awful lot of money for him. For his age, length of contact and ability and now proven goalscoring ability in premiership he'd command a pretty sizeable fee I'd imagine.

Southcoastffc

2 lessons to be taken from this.

1. Despite how long he's been in the UK, Ranieri's command of the English language isn't that great and often leads to misunderstanding.

2. Don't read rags.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Nero

Quote from: General on February 02, 2019, 11:04:41 AM
Ultimately this is one area where you'd like to think having Tony khan in charge of transfers would make ranieris thoughts in the matter null and void if he did say those things in that context.

I can't imagine, knowing how integral mitrovic was to our championship form and the fact he was willing to play for us there Tony would let him go unless we got an awful lot of money for him. For his age, length of contact and ability and now proven goalscoring ability in premiership he'd command a pretty sizeable fee I'd imagine.

and it goalscoring ability in what has been a poor team as well

gang

He obviously meant a big club which is something all players should aim for; their careers are very short and they, like everyone, need to fulfil their potential.

bwamy

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 02, 2019, 10:11:28 AM

Actually, in context I think you are right. I think what he is trying to say is that he wants Mitro to score ten more goals this season, even if that ends up meaning we have to fight off attention from bigger clubs. Tabloids again I guess.

Litrecola_

Was a tabloid being sensational. CR is saying that he "could" play his way to Europe's elite squads. He is not for sale unless we go down.

filham

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 02, 2019, 12:00:50 PM
2 lessons to be taken from this.

1. Despite how long he's been in the UK, Ranieri's command of the English language isn't that great and often leads to misunderstanding.

2. Don't read rags.
Good advice.

I Ronic

If the unthinkable happens I won't be surprised if he stayed. He's a very different kind of striker compared to the ones at top clubs. A team needs to work to his strengths.

gezkc

"The Italian said: "I hope he can score another 10 goals from here to the end of the season and some good teams bring him. I hope. Ten-15 goals. If he scores 15 goals, maybe we can see!"

With Ranieri's bad English, it's difficult to know what he means exactly, but I'm reading it that he thinks Mitro could score another 10-15 goals this season if the team is playing well around him. ie: if Fulham" play good" and bring him the goals.

Obviously it's all up to personal interpretation, but I'd like to think that's what he's trying to say!

Mince n Tatties

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 02, 2019, 04:05:55 PM
Missed a sitter to put us in front.🙅

Totally his fault why we're behind, sure. Not like he's been starved of service, playing well feeding off scraps and generally being a nuisance to the Palace defenders.....