watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was Ranieri playing for a point?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 02, 2019, 05:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

That's the only explanation I can give for the team selection and the way we played.

davew

I think you should have made the thread title "praying for a point"
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose returns

if i knew what he was doing i would say
however the effect is wrong and the team looks demoralised and bemused by the formation
the lack of sess is inexplicable, ayite was ridiculous I hate him i really do.

The Enclosurite

¡COYW!

WindyCity

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 02, 2019, 05:16:49 PM
That's the only explanation I can give for the team selection and the way we played.

If playing for a point, CR needs to get his head examined.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this team needs points badly, and draws are not that much useful anymore, especially against a lower table squad in which, realistically, you can/should expect to get a win, albeit on the road. 

After that great comeback last game, to lay such a ridiculous turd as they did today, it's no wonder it's the Champ next season.  One corner.  Zero shots on target.  Really?

elgreenio

wonder just how big a survival clause he's been given. Must be huge for him to still want to be here
touch my camera through the fence

The Old Count

Quote from: WindyCity on February 02, 2019, 05:29:28 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 02, 2019, 05:16:49 PM

If playing for a point, CR needs to get his head examined.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this team needs points badly, and draws are not that much useful anymore, especially against a lower table squad in which, realistically, you can/should expect to get a win, albeit on the road. 

After that great comeback last game, to lay such a ridiculous turd as they did today, it's no wonder it's the Champ next season.  One corner.  Zero shots on target.  Really?

+ 1

grandad

100% blame falls on the manager today. Set up not to lose but forgetting that we needed to win. 1 point was no better than none. Playing 5-2-3 gave away our MF. This formation has never worked. The only way to give service to Babel & Mitro is to have a 4-4-2 as we did 2nd half on Tuesday. Shocking error of judgement.
Where there's a will there's a wife

WindyCity

Quote from: elgreenio on February 02, 2019, 05:32:26 PM
wonder just how big a survival clause he's been given. Must be huge for him to still want to be here

I smell a double drop.  Not sure if CR will be at the reigns for all of that.

ToodlesMcToot

I could understand Nordveit possibly needing a work permit sorted but, why in hell is Markovic not in the team. We're in need of points, he's a right sided, attacking player ( I believe ), we apparently have no faith in TFM. So, what's the point in bringing him in? Roy was in much less of a pickle than we and still saw fit to bring in his deadliine day signing who was fairly effective in his few minutes.

Tired of the way this club is being run. Even when selling out to attack for points could be forgiven and likely should be the overall strategy in a match, we hold back, failing to register a shot on goal and a single corner. Our transfer policy is indicative of the same, feeble, mentality?

Everything they do, save for when Brighton back off and allow us to take the game to them, smacks of resignation.

I don't think anyone involved on the footballing side, in an administrative/management capacity, should be safe after this debacle.

We may be mathematically safe but, that's all we are. And, in all honesty, our behavior in pretty much every capacity isn't deserving of that much.

Quite angry with that performance.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

WindyCity

Quote from: grandad on February 02, 2019, 05:34:39 PM
100% blame falls on the manager today. Set up not to lose but forgetting that we needed to win. 1 point was no better than none. Playing 5-2-3 gave away our MF. This formation has never worked. The only way to give service to Babel & Mitro is to have a 4-4-2 as we did 2nd half on Tuesday. Shocking error of judgement.

I just didn't understand TC playing forward that first half.  Didn't make much sense.  TC is pretty good player in his position.  Playing him forward took away much of any 'potential attack' that FFC might be able to muster.  Four goals last game in a great comeback, today no shots on target and one corner against a low table team.  Scratching my head....... 

David I

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 02, 2019, 05:50:20 PM
I could understand Nordveit possibly needing a work permit sorted but, why in hell is Markovic not in the team. We're in need of points, he's a right sided, attacking player ( I believe ), we apparently have no faith in TFM. So, what's the point in bringing him in? Roy was in much less of a pickle than we and still saw fit to bring in his deadliine day signing who was fairly effective in his few minutes.

Tired of the way this club is being run. Even when selling out to attack for points could be forgiven and likely should be the overall strategy in a match, we hold back, failing to register a shot on goal and a single corner. Our transfer policy is indicative of the same, feeble, mentality?

Everything they do, save for when Brighton back off and allow us to take the game to them, smacks of resignation.

I don't think anyone involved on the footballing side, in an administrative/management capacity, should be safe after this debacle.

We may be mathematically safe but, that's all we are. And, in all honesty, our behavior in pretty much every capacity isn't deserving of that much.

Nordvelt is returning from injury and Markovic hasn't played this season - neither are match fit and pointless transfers. Needed transfers able to hit the ground running.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: David I on February 02, 2019, 05:58:27 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 02, 2019, 05:50:20 PM

Nordvelt is returning from injury and Markovic hasn't played this season - neither are match fit and pointless transfers. Needed transfers able to hit the ground running.

I'd claim you were making a sick joke, if this club's ineptitude on the footballing side didn't make it such an obvious conclusion.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude