watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri's post match comments

Started by davew, February 02, 2019, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

He apparently said "and we must continue to fight.

"We lost a match, we lost a battle, but not a war.

"Our performance was good in the first half and we tried to get everything from the match, but it wasn't enough.

"Maybe we spent a lot of energy against Brighton when we were 2-0 down. I played three at the back today, and we played better in the first than in the second half. I tried to change it to help my players like we did against Brighton, but it worked good against Brighton, today it didn't'.

The man has lost the plot!!! Why change something that worked and got us a rare win and 4 goals in 45 minutes, I would rather we play the rest of the season without a manager than this manager!!!

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Enclosurite

Wrong. The 'war' is over. Just resign!  🏳
Β‘COYW!

elgreenio

so he's basically trying to justify his formation/lineup, the guy is beyond deluded.

There's also no way we used a lot of energy against Brighton, we only played for 45minutes!!
touch my camera through the fence

Arthur

davew,
You seem to have misunderstood CR. At half-time today, we did switch to the same XI that scored four in midweek. Today, however, that XI played nothing like as well as against Brighton, and not nearly as well as the XI that started today did in the first half.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Arthur on February 02, 2019, 08:28:29 PM
davew,
You seem to have misunderstood CR. At half-time today, we did switch to the same XI that scored four in midweek. Today, however, that XI played nothing like as well as against Brighton, and not nearly as well as the XI that started today did in the first half.

That's because they did not start the game today which they should have done, therefore shooting himself in the foot and derailing the best chance we had of winning.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose returns

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 02, 2019, 08:36:08 PM
davew,

That's because they did not start the game today which they should have done, therefore shooting himself in the foot and derailing the best chance we had of winning.

And as some of us advised before the game if he changed it and we went behind it would be unlikely to get back, this was roy's palace and they are a proper team with a proper manager and a new signing that was a quality addition.

And claudio played tom out wide and when we changed he left him there. Claudio is useless.

David I

Arthur

davew,

Such speculation is hardly supported by the evidence from midweek.

On Tuesday, like today, they came together at half-time.

On Tuesday, however, we were two goals adrift and had had a torrid first half.

Today, we were one goal down and had already looked better than Palace for much of the opening 45.

Try giving me a reason that stacks up.

Dodger53

Time for him to go. Anyone else remember Bobby Campbell? Saw a different game to the rest of us. He has no idea and is just a good opportunist.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: elgreenio on February 02, 2019, 08:24:02 PM
....... the guy is beyond deluded.
That's why he gets on with Tony Khan so well !!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

davew

davew,

Exactly!!

davew

Quote from: Arthur on February 02, 2019, 08:51:23 PM
davew,

Such speculation is hardly supported by the evidence from midweek.

On Tuesday, like today, they came together at half-time.

On Tuesday, however, we were two goals adrift and had had a torrid first half.

Today, we were one goal down and had already looked better than Palace for much of the opening 45.

Try giving me a reason that stacks up.

Did you read all of the comments on this forum "team in thread" before the kick off criticising the team selection? I don't remember 1 posting that supported the team selection and as it turned out all of the posters were correct. Not sure what point you are trying to make (sorry), yes we were 2 goals down on Tuesday at half time and only 1 yesterday, but do you not think the players would also have been mystified at why that starting 11 had been chosen and let's be honest there was no fight yesterday from the start!

Mince n Tatties

πŸˆΆπŸˆΈπŸˆ―πŸˆ΅πŸ‰πŸˆΊπŸˆ΄πŸ‰‘πŸˆ‚πŸˆ²πŸˆΉπŸˆΆγŠ—πŸˆšπŸˆΊπŸˆ΄πŸ†—

toshes mate

davew,
I think CR was rather hoping Palace would lay down and die just like Brighton did.....

nose returns

Quote from: toshes mate on February 03, 2019, 09:38:17 AM
davew,
I think CR was rather hoping Palace would lay down and die just like Brighton did.....

Actually the same 11 suggests we played the same formation, but we didn't. Vietto played left in the brighton game and for long periods hugged the touch line cutting when approprite and to brilliant effect. TC abandoned the right wing gainst brighton and came central. Neither of those things happened against palace. And what is more, palace are substantially different to brighton being superior from manager to players,Β  once we were behind CR was never going to figure out what needed to be done. In fact after the pen he had to withdrwa ream immediately for vieto and if it was still 1 0 at ht bring on sess for bryan. Not rocket science.