News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which Fulham goal would you like to experience again?

Started by southwest6, February 03, 2019, 03:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthIslandWhite

That day at Pompey when Danny Murphy scored from Jimmy Bullard's pass. I had just come back from Afghanistan and I was in a really bad place and everything in my life was so dark. I thought I would never get any worse. I was listening to Gentleman Jim and I had little hope and then he scored with idk, not much time left. OMG, everything changed.

I was thousands of miles away from Portsmouth at the time and had back in those days never been there so Fratton Park was all in my imagination. But I remember running around this shitty little apartment screaming like a mad man. Landlord was a tosser and in a panic as I recall he told me the next day that he thought I was hurting myself, (yet never bothered to come down and check). Total tosser.  But that was easily the best Fulham goal ever for me.   :yay:
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Burt

Carborundum

Cairney at Wembley was pretty good, from a significance point of view.  Those there have seen Fulham win something at Wembley.

Taking out the context of the match, the one I absolutely loved was Bryan Ruiz's scoop against Bolton five or six years ago.  Total incredulity at the trajectory of the ball.  Went from "he's stuffed this up" to "hang on a mo" to "Yay!"  in half a second.  If you've never seen it, it's worth a watch and probably on YouTube somewhere, but TV high angles don't really do it justice.  The closer your seat to pitchside, the more bonkers it actually was.

ffcne

Quote from: RaySmith on February 03, 2019, 05:16:20 PM
John Mitchell semi-final replay v Brum.

Kamara v Man City.

I was at both games - and both goals were so important, and the Fulham fans' response completely ecstatic.

Yes ,was there for both.

southwest6

Quote from: SouthIslandWhite on February 03, 2019, 05:46:43 PM
That day at Pompey when Danny Murphy scored from Jimmy Bullard's pass. I had just come back from Afghanistan and I was in a really bad place and everything in my life was so dark. I thought I would never get any worse. I was listening to Gentleman Jim and I had little hope and then he scored with idk, not much time left. OMG, everything changed.

I was thousands of miles away from Portsmouth at the time and had back in those days never been there so Fratton Park was all in my imagination. But I remember running around this shitty little apartment screaming like a mad man. Landlord was a tosser and in a panic as I recall he told me the next day that he thought I was hurting myself, (yet never bothered to come down and check). Total tosser.  But that was easily the best Fulham goal ever for me.   :yay:

Gentleman Jim has also provided me with some excellent commentary which has resulted in some incredible moments despite not physically being there. Thank you for your service too

KJS

For me it has to be Dempsey's verses Juve I was right in line in Hammy H6 and the whole thing seem to be in slow motion   :yay: :yay:

spikey norman

Gordon Davies v Chesterfield.
How he scored from such a tight angle and so far out was just amazing

f321ffc

Boa's winner at the Cottage against that lot up the road.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

Mitrovic's winner against Man.U. next Saturday which kick started yet another Fulham great escape. Only dreams are left for this nightmare of a season.
Sorry to spoil such a bright thread.

Skatzoffc

Has to be Dempsey for me as it sits at the end of the greatest game/result I have ever witnessed.

From a "worldy" viewpoint it has to be Kasami v Palace, tho Konchesky's against Spam was very entertaining.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ToodlesMcToot

For the emotion of it all, I can't think of better than Dempsey's vs Juventus or Murph's header vs Pompey

For the just 'holy crap, did that just happen', Kasami's vs Palace

A couple of others I could put forward, Davies' juggle and volley vs Hamburg was a fine sight to behold. Don't think that one's been mentioned. Maybe though.

As well, Dempsey's volley vs Stoke ( I believe ) was another.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

WokingFFC

Rodney Mcaree vs Carlisle - superb weekend. Drove up to Carlise, arrived 4:30am, stayed at the Central hotel, pulled back the curtains and the Fulham train had just pulled in, the square was a sea of Black and White - wonderful. Had not seen away support like that for quite a few years. McAree's goal was the icing on the cake for what was / is the start of our recovery.

Southcoastffc

For those who haven't seen it, this is the Diop goal I referred to above.  Very late equaliser to deflate the Man Utd team containing
Carroll, Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, Silvestre, Heinze, Ronaldo, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Alan Smith and Rooney.  We had Van der Sar, Rosenior, Pearce, Rehman, Bocanegra, Malbranque (John 83), Legwinski (Radzinski 74), Pembridge, Diop, Cole and McBride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcf3dENpVBw
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bill taylors apprentice

Roger Brown V Lincoln City 1982   to clinch promotion.

thebumponleroyshead

Micky Adams penalty away to Ashford in the quagmire, not pretty but it's those moments man.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Samjack

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 03, 2019, 05:15:46 PM
Quote from: SP on February 03, 2019, 04:38:27 PM
Udo at Torquay capped a great weekender.

Udo Onwere still plays for me as our Captain on a Sunday Morning at the age of 47, and he is as fit as ever, an example to us all.
It must be at least 12 years ago since he started playing for us.

Bloody hell... that's amazing! You can tell him from me that he was my favourite player as a kid, I still remember his great goals against Brighton (lashed it through a crowd) and a great 1-2 and tidy finish against orient. I've got his autograph on the back of a programme somewhere. Legend! Ha! I'm 38 now!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Samjack on February 04, 2019, 11:28:47 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 03, 2019, 05:15:46 PM
Quote from: SP on February 03, 2019, 04:38:27 PM
Udo at Torquay capped a great weekender.

Udo Onwere still plays for me as our Captain on a Sunday Morning at the age of 47, and he is as fit as ever, an example to us all.
It must be at least 12 years ago since he started playing for us.

Bloody hell... that's amazing! You can tell him from me that he was my favourite player as a kid, I still remember his great goals against Brighton (lashed it through a crowd) and a great 1-2 and tidy finish against orient. I've got his autograph on the back of a programme somewhere. Legend! Ha! I'm 38 now!

I shall see him on Sunday, but I shall be speaking to him during the week, and I will pass your message on, he is a top bloke.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Fulham Joe

No doubt about it for me, John Mitchell at Hillsboro and John Mitchell at Maine road. That was back in the day when getting to the FA cup final really meant something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huNkg7rXkfY