News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which Fulham goal would you like to experience again?

Started by southwest6, February 03, 2019, 03:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

Off the top of my head some of the worthy contenders must be:
Rodney Mcaree vs Carlisle
Simon Davies vs atletico
Danny Murphy vs Pompey
Gera vs Hamburg
Cairney vs villa
Odoi vs Derby
Dempsey vs Juve
Sean Davis vs Blackburn

Please add those which I have missed. I haven't seen all of these goals live, however the one which I reflect most on is Gera's vs Hamburg. What a moment that was...

Feeling quite nostalgic and I feel this board needs a bit of a lift.

So which goal is your favourite and why ?

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

filham

Quote from: bobbo on February 03, 2019, 03:35:36 PM
Dempsey - juve rest no contest
A great goal in a great match but an old fart like myself will put it alongside Tosh Chamberlin's hat trick in the cup tie against Newcastle.

ron

SP

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Murphy at Pompey because of the consequences
McAree because I was there
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

yatewhite

John Mitchell's screamer v Birmingham. F.A. Cup semi final at Hillsborough.

Sir Alec of good Stock

John Mitchell's volley in the 75 semi final at Hillsborough, followed very closely by his winner in the 120th minute in the replay at Maine Road.
Viv Busby's goal against Cardiff in 73/74? where he got the ball on the half way line and beat half the Cardiff team before calmly rounding the keeper to score.
Roger Cross's volley in a 4-3 victory against Cardiff in 71/72.

spikey norman

John Mitchell semi final replay goal for what it meant  and Alan Mullery volley  v Leicester

Holders

Alan Mullery v. Leicester and Cairney v. Villa (just because of the occasion).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Sgt Fulham

What on earth is that Dempsey? Chimenti will just watch that go over the bar...though it's dipping quite quickly...surely not? Euphoria, strangers hugging strangers, limbs flying everywhere. Sheer ecstasy.

Words don't do that moment justice, and it is these exact moments that make me feel sorry for people who do not enjoy football. Moments like this, Pompey, Man City, Hamburg, and Wembley. They're incomparable, unique, but all cut from the same cloth.

Being relatively young at the time of this game I shall forever remember the aftermath. After full time and staying until the place was almost empty an elderly gentleman came up to me and said "enjoy this. This is the best it will ever get". Perhaps he was right, and that'll do me just fine. The sheer memory still gives me goosebumps.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SP on February 03, 2019, 04:38:27 PM
Udo at Torquay capped a great weekender.

Udo Onwere still plays for me as our Captain on a Sunday Morning at the age of 47, and he is as fit as ever, an example to us all.
It must be at least 12 years ago since he started playing for us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

John Mitchell semi-final replay v Brum.

Kamara v Man City.

I was at both games - and both goals were so important, and the Fulham fans' response completely ecstatic.

Woolly Mammoth

For me it has to be the John Mitchell volley in that FA Cup Semi Final at Hillsborough.
I was right behind that goal, and the ball had top spin on it and was still rising when it hit the back of the onion bag.
The Goalkeeper caught pneumonia with the draft of the ball as it sailed passed him into the net.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 03, 2019, 05:10:56 PM

What on earth is that Dempsey? Chimenti will just watch that go over the bar...though it's dipping quite quickly...surely not? Euphoria, strangers hugging strangers, limbs flying everywhere. Sheer ecstasy.

Words don't do that moment justice, and it is these exact moments that make me feel sorry for people who do not enjoy football. Moments like this, Pompey, Man City, Hamburg, and Wembley. They're incomparable, unique, but all cut from the same cloth.

Being relatively young at the time of this game I shall forever remember the aftermath. After full time and staying until the place was almost empty an elderly gentleman came up to me and said "enjoy this. This is the best it will ever get". Perhaps he was right, and that'll do me just fine. The sheer memory still gives me goosebumps.

I saw grown men crying on that night, never forget it.

Never forget your Roots.

F(f)CUK

Dempsey vs Juve stands out, although Kamara vs City runs it close.

Southcoastffc

I think that the OP's list is pretty damn good.  I'd add Kasami v Palace and
Papa Bouba Diop v Man United (Dec 04)

Rodney Mcaree vs Carlisle
Simon Davies vs atletico
Danny Murphy vs Pompey
Gera vs Hamburg
Cairney vs villa
Odoi vs Derby
Dempsey vs Juve
Sean Davis vs Blackburn

But for me, for the unnerving emotional high and probable heart-threatening moment, THE goal of that lot is Murphy v Portsmouth.  Sheer joy - a tie between Davis v Blackburn and Odoi v Derby
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.