watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maybe its not all doom and gloom

Started by The Swan, February 03, 2019, 05:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We have got 13 games to play. Lets say we draw all 13 games , that's will give us 30 points, Not enough to stay up.
We need to turn some of those draws into wins.
We could win against Southampton 2pts  extra
We could win against Everton         2 pts.  #
We could win against Bournemouth 2 pts.   #
We could win against Cardiff           2 pts.   #
We could win against Newcastle      2 pts.   #
                                                   ------------
                                                    10 pts extra

If we could win those games we would get an extra 10 points +13 +17 Total 40 Points. Should be plenty of points to stay up.

Am I dreaming or is this possible.

The Swan

colinwhite

35 points is possible ,it will be difficult but it can be done.The problem is we have to stop conceding and score more goals !!

bucksfulham

With our current points per game we will be looking at 26 total.

Woolly Mammoth

I think we may need more points than that.
However, 35 points is possible but that is some ask though.
That's 18 points out of a possible 39 not forgotting our goal difference. 
Compared to 17 points accumulated from a possible 75.
Then it has to start against Manchester United next Saturday.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Stop, we didn't get a shot on target yesterday, how are we going to win a game.

Baszab

Palace was a game we thought we could win

In reality they are light years ahead of us (even if we did subdue them for first 20 minutes)

Woolly Mammoth

Then we are Doome d. 🆘💣🧨🔚☠️💀👎🥵⚰️🏴‍☠️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SouthIslandWhite

The math just isn't there. Sorry. We are down.

I feared this way back in September when we came out of Brighton away with that lousy single point on a late goal against. What else is new? I feared that it was a very bad omen at the time.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

CorkCity

If we are only 5 points from safety with 5 games to play we might have a chance.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

SuffolkWhite

If we cant beat the the teams around us we have little chance. But Fulhamish can happen and we win and draw games in March, but clutching at straws me thinks.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Southcoastffc

Although it is pretty gloomy, it's certainly not over. We're on 17 points, 7 away from safety (effectively 8 if you account for goal difference). Still 39 points to play for.   There are 3 teams on 24 points, all of whom will be nervous and 'all' we need is a bit of good fortune and for one or more of them to wobble and we'll be out of the relegation zone at the expense of at least one of them.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 03, 2019, 11:18:42 PM
Although it is pretty gloomy, it's certainly not over. We're on 17 points, 7 away from safety (effectively 8 if you account for goal difference). Still 39 points to play for.   There are 3 teams on 24 points, all of whom will be nervous and 'all' we need is a bit of good fortune and for one or more of them to wobble and we'll be out of the relegation zone at the expense of at least one of them.

0001.jpeg
Thanks for that ray of hope.

The Rational Fan

The lowest ever 18th place team got 30 points, so 14 points in 14 games and a hell of a lot of luck keeps us up.

ScalleysDad

The problem with the survival scenario is that the "worse teams than us" plan is not happening. My Bournemouth supporting neighbor was at Cardiff and he said the place was "buzzing" off the pitch and on the pitch no players came off having not given 110%. They will get more than thirty five points, the number often used on here as the points required. Burnley have improved their attacking options and managed to grind out a result against a much improved Southampton and Newcastle, for the most part, looked better against Spurs than we did against Palace who of course were supposed to be one of the teams to get sucked in. As has been pointed out we need eight points whilst those above us get none just for parity and then we need to match them point for point for the rest of the season. It's a crying shame and add to it our recent recruitment. If Mitro, Chambers, or Rico* get injured or carded we have no better replacements on board. Getting to thirty points, another number featured on here, will be some achievement, ultimately hopeless, but an achievement none the less. At the rate we are going April onwards could be dead rubbers and if that does not spur Khan senior into action goodness knows where we will be going next.

*I saw a note that Betts is injured.