https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-The ultimate Fulhamish?

Started by bog, February 04, 2019, 01:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Hubble bubble toil and trouble
Will we burst Ole's bubble?  086.gif

September 1962. Everton from millionaires row at the home of what was widely regarded as the rabble that was Fulham....a Stan Brown header and we beat them 1-0.

The Fulhamish ingredients are there folks. Have not lost for ages, all big guns firing bulls eyes, fans giving it large, getting ready to face PSG....a little matter of that rabble down south to swat and put up with their tiny dressing rooms..... :022:

092.gif     

Whitesideup

I would need reasonable odds before I placed any of my hard-earned cash on us winning, but, yes, I believe we have a chance.

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on February 04, 2019, 01:18:23 PM
Hubble bubble toil and trouble
Will we burst Ole's bubble?  086.gif

September 1962. Everton from millionaires row at the home of what was widely regarded as the rabble that was Fulham....a Stan Brown header and we beat them 1-0.

The Fulhamish ingredients are there folks. Have not lost for ages, all big guns firing bulls eyes, fans giving it large, getting ready to face PSG....a little matter of that rabble down south to swat and put up with their tiny dressing rooms..... :022:

092.gif     

Wouldn't it be great Captain.......... I was at that game AND NOT ONLY THAT ......I have a CD of the highlights never been seen before. Keep promising to convert to a file and send selected individuals.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

sunburywhite

Was that the on he scored at the Hammy end?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

The game I enjoyed the most was the one where Fergie complained about the dressing room at the Cottage after we had won 2-0 . Towards the end of the match both Scholes and Rooney picked up red cards, they simply could not take the beating and lost control as we were playing keep ball.

But that was Roy's boys, can't see anything similar taking place this Saturday.

Fernhurst

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 04, 2019, 05:33:30 PM
Was that the on he scored at the Hammy end?

No, sorry Sunbury, Stan's goal was scored at the Putney End. I remember vividly having to move so Jim Langley could have enough room to launch his long throw from which Stan ultimately scored to send the 33,000 attendees bonkers.

win-dup

I was there that day and thought for the first time ever we were going places as a club, with this excellent win against a then mighty Everton. Shortly afterwards we sold Mullery to Spurs so that was the end of that dream. Nothing sodding changes much at Fulham especially having prats for owners.

bog

I recall this as a bright sunny day and yes Stan scored at the Putney End and I was one of those 33,000 who went bonkers. Great day indeed gentleman. Often a side loses its unbeaten run to a lower side, we are an irritating  diversion from the Champions League. We concede goals easier than Knickerless Glegg changes his mind and they are buzzing. We have been written off. Lambs to the slaughter. Steel versus clingfilm. The ingredients are there folks.... 086.gif  049:gif

092.gif

Fernhurst

Jimmy "dirty" Gabriel was breaking up things in midfield.
My abiding memory (apart from the turn up of a result) was "The Ghost" Alex White hiding behind the ref trying to  knick the ball off our ball playing defender coming out of defence.
What a day, made all the more remarkable by the fact it was first game without inspirational Captain Johnny Haynes who was quite badly injured in a car crash the week previously.