Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-The Chase

Started by bog, February 08, 2019, 06:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Anyone else a fan of The Chase? One Lady on her own just won £70,000!  :54:

092.gif

SP

We were cheering when the Chaser choked during her final onslaught.

BestOfBrede

That lady thoroughly deserved it - she was brilliant and seemed really nice to boot

KJS

Nice to see she had the bottle to go for the £70k especially as she was on her own good for her  :54:

hovewhite

She was brilliant and love that show.

HillingdonFFC

Love the Chase, lady who won was brilliant. She was a standby & only found out 24 hours before she was on it

bog

She was superb. I don't think anyone expected that when she first faced Bradley. Looked a really nice lady. Sometimes on game shows I see those who I don't wish to win but most are yes to do so and that lady was top drawer!! I don't think she could believe it at the end. Love that show.  :54:

092.gif   

bog

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 08, 2019, 08:04:11 PM
Love the Chase, lady who won was brilliant. She was a standby & only found out 24 hours before she was on it

I didn't know that. What general knowledge she had.

092.gif

davew

She was brilliant, often thought that the show was rigged when big money was being played for in the final chase, but not on this occasion!! Good luck to her and like Bradley I will be moving to Newmarket, avoiding the horse stables though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose returns

Oh no.... I switched over during an ad break when three had been eliminated
i love the chase and love those type of finales.... good luck to her!!!!!

Steeeeeeeeeed

Format wise it's probably the best quiz show I have seen on TV. And I go back to the days of Tom O'Conner and Dusty Bin.

Pointless is SO slow in comparison. The Chase has a great amount of interesting questions, a good presenter and great chasers.

davew

Quote from: nose on February 08, 2019, 09:18:18 PM
Might be on catch up?? It was the most money 1 single contestant has won and she will probably be the next chaser in the next series!

nose returns

Quote from: davew on February 08, 2019, 09:21:09 PM
Might be on catch up?? It was the most money 1 single contestant has won and she will probably be the next chaser in the next series!

yes I am just looking now, but these things are looped and repeated for a day or two so fingers crossed, i would love to see it. however todays chaser IMO is the least of them and perhaps was the difference, but still a brilliant achievement.

davew

Quote from: nose on February 08, 2019, 09:24:35 PM

yes I am just looking now, but these things are looped and repeated for a day or two so fingers crossed, i would love to see it. however todays chaser IMO is the least of them and perhaps was the difference, but still a brilliant achievement.
I don't watch it all the time, but that chaser is pretty good, hope you get to see it, beaten by a better player!!

nose returns

Quote from: davew on February 08, 2019, 09:27:14 PM
Quote from: nose on February 08, 2019, 09:24:35 PM

I don't watch it all the time, but that chaser is pretty good, hope you get to see it, beaten by a better player!!

Got it on the itv hub
Wow
She knew loads and got to the chaser such that i don't think the chaser knew her own name with any certainty.
I do like a good tv quiz and that was spectacular
Maybe anything is possible after all....

nose returns

Quote from: bog on February 08, 2019, 06:07:05 PM
Anyone else a fan of The Chase? One Lady on her own just won £70,000!  :54:

092.gif

Thanks for this post. Foolishly i turned over when the third one went. I just saw the finale on catch up...brilliant stuff

davew

Yes anything is possible Nose, we might only lose by 3 tomorrow??

bog

Of all the quizzes that have been on TV I think The Chase has to be in the top three and close to being the best.

092.gif

grandad

The Chase is the best quiz show I have ever watched. Great format, Bradley is a great host & the chasers are all good with their banter with Bradley.. Richard Osman, while being a Fulham fan, has possibly the worst show ever. I don´t think I have seen anyone win more than £2,500 & that rarely.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Berserker

I think Bradley is good in Doctor Who, he has been a real surprise for me

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.