Previous topic - Next topic

Ranieri out?

Ranieri out
220 (84.3%)
Keep Ranieri
41 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 261

Dodger53

Dreadful, wrong starting 11 and really got the subs wrong. He has to go so we can start building for the Champ. He got the job with a dossier that said it wasn't the players it was the coaching and management, I think the Khans have said go on show us because they now know their lack of football knowledge made them believe Ranieri's clap trap. The squad is really poor and if he had said that we would still have SJ.

AnOldBrownie

Hopefully senior Khan handles him exactly as he did Slav.  Tell the fans Claudio has his full support...yet behind the scenes is already ready to bring in next seasons manager.

A lot of the players aren't good enough for this league...and I'd argue that Sess and Cairney don't fall into that category...yet this manager either doesn't play them.,.or plays them out of position.

Tonywa

Raineri is a dinosaur. He has one way of playing (a dated way of playing) and is trying to force fit a squad that is ill fitted to his approach. He has shown no ability to adapt and get the best out of his players.

He has alienated some of our best players, lost the supporters and the dressing room.

We may not have the best defenders but they are better than this. Confidence is shot. Roy would have drilled the whole team into a rigid shape making us very difficult to break down.  Slav had his problems but showed against Liverpool that he had the potential to turn things around. Raineri has shown absolutely nothing.
[/quote]

The squad is certainly ill-fitted to Ranieri's approach, however I would point out that in the first third of the season they looked equally ill-fitted to Joka's methods and tactics. It's a badly put-together squad and I think it would struggle no matter who was in charge or whatever the tactics.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on February 09, 2019, 04:29:20 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 09, 2019, 04:14:21 PM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on February 09, 2019, 02:58:01 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on February 09, 2019, 02:21:39 PM
Even the best manager in the world would have serious trouble with our defence.
MLM, Odoi, Ream, Bryan. PL quality???

Yep... people are talking about the man who won the Premier League with Leceister. The problem is our squad of players... they don't fit together well.

Ranieri took lots of credit because within football he is perceived as a nice bloke and in the media he is entertaining. Nigel Pearson built the winning team and the coaches set the tone. To use your jigsaw analogy he inherited a very well put together one but don't forget he very quickly dropped a few of the pieces and then was gone. Our jigsaw puzzle has been impossible to put together all season and I surmise when he took the job he thought, despite what he said about his player portfolio's, he would get his leader and defenders in. It's not his fault they did not materialise but for the second time this season there are fractures in the camp and we are talking about management "losing the players". I had a text about an hour ago saying the atmosphere was toxic and heading towards the Magath levels. I hope Khan Snr is prepared to go for rebuild No.4 but I doubt he has learned a thing such is his misty eyed view of how things get done.
I am sliding into the Ranieri out camp, not that I applauded his appointment anyway.

I concede Pearson's regime brought in the players, but it was Rainieri who puts the pieces in place to win the league.  It was Rainieri who saw it through.

It would be good to have this debate across a table in the Brickies with a pack of dominoes or chess pieces to set out playing formations and tactics. Alas all we have is my begging to differ. A bit like JOka with Cairney and others last year Ranieri had Kante, Mahrez and Vardy playing the football of their lives. When they outgrew him it became an impossible relationship.

jamesffc

Out but not until the end of the season. Too turbulent now.

Neil D

Quote from: Tonywa on February 09, 2019, 04:35:40 PM

The squad is certainly ill-fitted to Ranieri's approach, however I would point out that in the first third of the season they looked equally ill-fitted to Joka's methods and tactics. It's a badly put-together squad and I think it would struggle no matter who was in charge or whatever the tactics.

I was going to comment on your post to say exactly this.  The squad has been put together by footballing illiterates.  Neither fish nor fowl.

davew

This poll should have been conducted weeks ago, little has changed except maybe we are worse now, no fight, no character, no desire, no idea and no chance of beating anybody, just hope we finish above Huddersfield! CR do the graceful thing and resign....NOW!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

andyk

Ranieri has 12 points from 14 games, not great, but reasonable for relegation contenders.
Joka had 5 from 12, so there has been a marked improvement.
If Ranieri had that ratio from beginning of season, we would have 22/23, we would not be adrift and  just one win away from safety. If Joka had continued with the same game/points ratio we would be on 10/11 points and already relegated.
It's easy to point at the manager, but the players are just not good enough, yet.  We have to hope that they can pull some top class performances from the last 12 games, and get some luck.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Neil D on February 09, 2019, 04:50:36 PM

I was going to comment on your post to say exactly this.  The squad has been put together by footballing illiterates.  Neither fish nor fowl.

We know the squad isn't good enough.  I fault Claudio for 4 things.

His handling of Ryan.
His handling of TC
The lack of offensive identity on the pitch
His insist that Seri is a better midfielder than TC

Time for Claudio to go.

Yes...he's a premier league manager that has way more epl experience than Slav had. Yes...with the same set of players Claudio should have better stats than Slav.

So what? It doesn't matter if the team is still going down and the 4 things I brought up still hold true.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Neil D on February 09, 2019, 04:50:36 PM

Exactly and it's been compounded by signing injured loans and short term injured contract players, as well as injured Deadwood players from other clubs from over the sea and far away, how can it be possible to form any team spirit. Very few players care. Sess does and is left out.
TK has had his trousers pulled down in the transfer market. Wasting millions, and the agents must be laughing at him all the way to the bank.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Berserker

I think it would look really stupid if we change managers again, three managers again in one season, we would be dead cert for the drop.

I thought we played well today but just haven't got the quality. Maybe  a different manager to the ones we had could have kept us up but it is far to late for another change

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BDP1884

Leicester fan here. Honestly thought he'd have done better than he has. At least now people might be able to see why we got rid of him. I have absolutely no doubt that we would have been relegated had we not sacked him. He just completely lost the plot.

Shropshire Lad

Just can't understand why Cairney and Sessegnon not starting and to cap it all Cardif winning. It just gets worse :Get Coat gif:

Carborundum

We were fragmented, without a coherent plan and with a marked unwillingness to run simple lines that professional footballers know in their sleep.  Lukaku and Pogba's monstering of our defenders suggested a total mismatch.  When Mitrovic and De Gea got into an altercation, plenty of Man U players turned up to give their goalie some support.  Ours were nowhere.  And then there were the substitutions

The only thing I enjoyed in the second half was the well deserved bollocking that Bryan delivered to Vietto in front of the JH stand.. 

This was a dreadful display.  Don't be fooled into thinking 3-0 against big team is par for the course.  Utterly dire.

We have had 45 minutes of golden football since Christmas and it came from flooding midfield and just going for it.  So what does our manager do?  Find a dozen different ways to avoid serving up more of that. 

Forget building for the future.  I've paid for this seasons ticket and I expect better management than that in the games that remain.

Thamesbank

He's completely clueless, just want him gone.

elgreenio

Shame that Dean Smith was poached already, would have loved to give him a chance and steal him off Brentford at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

Matt10

This was his last chance for me. Needed to see if he was going to play to our strengths, but he chose to make some reactionary decisions. He's essentially removed the captaincy from Cairney by not playing him. He's not empowering his players. It's more than tactics now, which is why I can say it'd be best to drop him. It's the belief of the players not of the situation, but whether or not they still believe in their manager. He's very old school and stubborn. I feel like there is a sense in which he feels like he's better than his players - and he makes so clear to them that it's his way...not because it's best for the team...but because he has the most experience and what he says is the law. It's a borderline Mourinho.

Khans need to take a page out of Man U's book and bring in someone that is dearly loved already. Former player or coach, someone who has Fulham ties. Make it less about the philosophy of football diagrams and selection - more so about the cohesion of a good feeling team on the pitch. There is a lot of chemistry between Babel, Mitro and Schurrle, then with Cairney, Seri and Chambers. That must be taken advantage of. Right away.

hovewhite

Amazing,do you all think we have a divine right to stay up.
Player wise today back to front, quality wise we were poo ,sorry to say it we were,no matter who is in charge Claudio or slavisa.

SuffolkWhite

Keep him until the end of the season. No point changing manager again.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Mince n Tatties

Gone if we lose next game according talksport radio,they agree he's lost plot..
Wonder if there's betting on it?