more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scotty Parker Rumour.

Started by Mince n Tatties, February 11, 2019, 06:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 22, 2019, 07:01:28 PM
I can only imagine its a must win for Parker. If we can't beat Wigan at home, along with a lot of our results this year, paints a worrying picture for this team in his pursuit for top 2. For what its worth, I'll state again, I like Parker, I think he'll do well in long run, hopefully with us, he sets up nice on the eye football, conducts himself well on side line and in interviews but, and its a big but, maybe such a role as top 2 contenders in the championship, isn't the right place to learn on the job and some experience was required.

I like Parker, I think he'll do well in long run, hopefully with us, he sets up nice on the eye football, conducts himself well on side line and in interviews

Agreed, so do I. It will be tough on all of us until he finds his feet and confidence. He will not be able to speak to the team or press with authority without a run of decent results. I have my fingers crossed for him.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FFC1987

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 22, 2019, 07:17:22 PM
I can only imagine its a must win for Parker. If we can't beat Wigan at home, along with a lot of our results this year, paints a worrying picture for this team in his pursuit for top 2. For what its worth, I'll state again, I like Parker, I think he'll do well in long run, hopefully with us, he sets up nice on the eye football, conducts himself well on side line and in interviews but, and its a big but, maybe such a role as top 2 contenders in the championship, isn't the right place to learn on the job and some experience was required.

I like Parker, I think he'll do well in long run, hopefully with us, he sets up nice on the eye football, conducts himself well on side line and in interviews

Agreed, so do I. It will be tough on all of us until he finds his feet and confidence. He will not be able to speak to the team or press with authority without a run of decent results. I have my fingers crossed for him.

Regardless of the glass being half full/empty, I think everyone wants Scotty and the team to succeed. I keep seeing on Facebook, particularly, this proclivity to belittle people who aren't currently happy sitting 12th and 5 points off 2nd. I get some, including maybe myself can be negative or air on the side of caution, but I don't think anyone can say they're happy with the current picture and how we've started the season can they?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 22, 2019, 07:17:22 PM

So do I sincerely 🤞
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

We are the bookies 2nd favorite to win the Championship, in the last four games we have played the 3rd favorite, 4th favorite, 7th favorite and 10th favorite.

In the next six games, we have a very easy draw according to the bookies (24th favourites, 21st, 16th 20th, 22nd & 15th). We need 14-18 points minimum from those six games and we need to learn how to score 2-4 goals per game against bottom half teams fast.

In the Championship, putting away easier teams with tight defensives is absolutely the difference between automatic promotion and a playoff place.

FFC1987

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 23, 2019, 07:04:10 AM
We are the bookies 2nd favorite to win the Championship, in the last four games we have played the 3rd favorite, 4th favorite, 7th favorite and 10th favorite.

In the next six games, we have a very easy draw according to the bookies (24th favourites, 21st, 16th 20th, 22nd & 15th). We need 14-18 points minimum from those six games and we need to learn how to score 2-4 goals per game against bottom half teams fast.

In the Championship, putting away easier teams with tight defensives is absolutely the difference between automatic promotion and a playoff place.

We win the next 5-6 fixtures and get into top 3 and the criticisms will die down. The problem we've had is, we had some fixtures we should of won on the back of very marginally not winning games we'd normally happily take draws from. The draws almost (did for me) felt like defeats in how they were very late goals conceded in what could of been a great result (s). Next 6 games, we win back to back, you'll see a massive change to attitude on this forum, particularly from me. BUT and its a big BUT, if we don't win i'd say 4/6, then its cause for criticism again as we're lagging behind.

filham

Sure we have an apparent easier run coming up but there is not a great difference in most teams in the Championship, they are all capable of setting up a tight defence against a slow attack.
A big test on Friday, something needs to change and we need a performance as well as a win.
3-0 will be acceptable, nothing less, no pressure Scott.

Riversider

Apparently,  no team in the division has had more shots on goal against them than Wigan Athletic, so presumably we are going to get chances on Friday night,  great opportunity for some to start putting them away.

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on February 11, 2019, 08:16:42 PM
No, No, No !
FFS, haven't some of you learnt a thing from the Symons fiasco ?
If Claudio leaves then I want the best person to replace him, are some of you really suggesting that Scott Parker is the best option to manage Fulham Football Club ?
How can that possibly be true.

Can't ever be accused of changing my tune.
As you can see from the thread the vast majority were very reticent about appointing Parker in the first place never a good starting point for any new manager, if you don't have the vast majority behind you on Day 1 you had better make pretty darn sure you get off to a quick start , sadly for Parker 9 wins from his first 26 games is anything but a fast start,
He really,  really needs to beat QPR at home in 3 weeks time in front of the Sky cameras , and to be honest , I just don't see it happening.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Riversider on November 04, 2019, 08:20:43 AM
No, No, No !
If Claudio leaves then I want the best person to replace him, are some of you really suggesting that Scott Parker is the best option to manage Fulham Football Club ?

As you can see from the thread the vast majority were very reticent about appointing Parker in the first place never a good starting point for any new manager, if you don't have the vast majority behind you on Day 1 you had better make pretty darn sure you get off to a quick start , sadly for Parker 9 wins from his first 26 games is anything but a fast start,
He really,  really needs to beat QPR at home in 3 weeks time in front of the Sky cameras , and to be honest , I just don't see it happening.

He really needs to not lose at Birmingham next weekend, if that happens the international break is a perfect time to be sorting out a replacement.

Penfold

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 04, 2019, 08:42:23 AM
No, No, No !

He really needs to not lose at Birmingham next weekend, if that happens the international break is a perfect time to be sorting out a replacement.

We sacked Symons just before an international break and took 7 weeks to appoint a replacement.

Fulham76

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on November 04, 2019, 08:42:23 AM
No, No, No !

We're stuttering along for some reason so far, but personally, think there's better to come from us. Something hasn't clicked yet but I think it will.

A win against Birmingham & another against rangers & everything chances for the better. Having said that, 0-2 points from those games & I think it's probably time for the Khans to act (again).

bill taylors apprentice

The problem as I see it is this.
The Goalkeeper and defence have their issues but we have assembled a midfield & attack with all the quality required to be top 2 in this league.

Yet we are getting worse performances as the season progresses, not signs of a winning team being developed.
If the players can't make the tactics work then the HC must look at what he's asking them to do and get the best from their talents.

We all like a clean sheet but this team will always leak goals so maybe the time has come to go for it and risk winning by scoring more than the opposition rather than pass them into submission.

ScalleysDad

No, No, No !

Not sure about a vast majority. Everybody I know with an interest in the Club supported it after seeing him as the only member of the two management teams in the Prem who was actually able to talk to the players. Exactly as in the Kit Symons scenario the Club was broken. Khan wanted him, the players came out and supported it and stories came out that Parker seems to have had some influence in players staying.
It's a bit harsh to include the last knockings of the Prem campaign on his cv for this debate. We were proper rubbish and needed the season to end.
As to what's happening now. There are a number of threads on the quality of the squad. Some hail it as the best in the league, others pin point the frailties and a lack of depth in key areas. After Saturday I think there is still a split and not everyone is clambering for change as was the case previously. Birmingham will be tough, we have no divine right to win it, and as you say QPR on the tele will be key. It will show if this squad is up to it given the add ons of local derby, striving for top six etc and if Parker has learned anything and where the support from the stands lies.

toshes mate

Ranieri was a poor choice and in the circumstances rather than make an even worse appointment I felt Parker was the lesser of the evils.  That judgment is down to the Khans' poor recruitment record.  Is there a promotion team drawn from the current FFC squad laying in wait for the right manager to select the right team and the right tactics?  Some may say there is but I haven't seen the kind of consistency in performances this season that bears that out.  Is that Parker's fault?  It is certainly his responsibility and I do note that his next senior assistant appears equally unable to solve the puzzles and find a solution.  Parker's initial substitution of Bryan with MLM was so very naive on Saturday and after recent performances I am beginning to feel he is really struggling with the job, but I rather doubt the Khans are going to make the desired difference by sacking him because history says they won't.     

Skatzoffc

Sorry tosh, not saying I want him gone but why do you say "History says they won't sack him"?

It seems to me that every time Khan senior comes over a decision is made. It may not happen immediately but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a dead man walking already judging by past times at the club.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Woolly Mammoth

Khan appointed Parker, only months ago, he must back him at the moment and for the time being, because it does not say much for Khans judgement if he keeps sacking people he appoints. It is becoming a habit, and he has to take responsibility for any errors of judgement, and he has made a few. He needs to stick with Parker, by sacking him will only show that khan is the bigger failure.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 04, 2019, 03:02:44 PM
Khan appointed Parker, only months ago, he must back him at the moment and for the time being, because it does not say much for Khans judgement if he keeps sacking people he appoints. It is becoming a habit, and he has to take responsibility for any errors of judgement, and he has made a few. He needs to stick with Parker, by sacking him will only show that khan is the bigger failure.

And there is the big fat nail on the debate. I can't find the direct quote but if Khan goes back on it then three managers in a year is going to make him look an ass. I wonder if the "whatever it takes" quote will be re enacted in January?

Enfield

"  Parker's initial substitution of Bryan with MLM was so very naive on Saturday "   

Why ? who else would you suggest ?

Sting of the North

Quote from: Enfield on November 04, 2019, 04:06:11 PM
"  Parker's initial substitution of Bryan with MLM was so very naive on Saturday "   

Why ? who else would you suggest ?

Still haven't had the chance to watch the game (and not really looking forward to it), but the obvious answer would be Sessegnon, with either him or Odoi going LB.

toshes mate

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 04, 2019, 11:58:47 AM
Sorry tosh, not saying I want him gone but why do you say "History says they won't sack him"?

It seems to me that every time Khan senior comes over a decision is made. It may not happen immediately but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a dead man walking already judging by past times at the club.
My badly worded sentence - meaning the Khans won't make a better appointment if they do sack Parker.  One really good recruited head coach in six plus years is not a healthy record, and frankly I don't really believe this squad is good enough anyway - partnerships is what makes teams tick over on all cylinders, whereas on Saturday all we saw was just one big misfire.