News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Campaign to bring back French Connection..!

Started by LBNo11, October 22, 2010, 09:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...I'm sorry mon pote, but FC Silver Fox does not roll off the tongue, and you are our (only?) connection with the strike inflicted, fuel bereft, pongy cheesed land of the shoulder shrug - ergo, you are the French Connection...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Equalizer

I quite like Silver Fox. It's kind of distinguished and manages to distance Monsieur Connection from the rest of the garlic eating surrender monkeys.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

I much prefer his old moniker, but we could just call him crap cheese.

White Noise

I'm glad someone has brought this up cos I can't get on with the new image either. Didn't it get changed on the last board because the words 'French Connection' didn't fit the box? I have never met the great man but I have always pictured him like this -

rather than like this -

FC Silver Fox

Cheers Fredster  (LOL).  FC Silver Fox means French Connection Silver Fox.
The only reason I changed it was that it was truncated in all my postings. If JC finds a solution that leaves French Connection as a complete handle, I'd be happy to go back to it.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

OldBrownShoe

He's a top man pretty much whatever he chooses to call himself. :Sparkyticus: At least he is not calling himself Golden Delicious (after the apples which are anything but)! :011:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Burt

I am sure I saw Mr FC the other night on the news, torching some poor bugger's Citroen.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Burt on October 22, 2010, 01:18:40 PM
I am sure I saw Mr FC the other night on the news, torching some poor bugger's Citroen.
He is a proper yob Burt, he even gets up during wedding speeches singing stand up if you hate Chelsea.

FC Silver Fox

You're right, it was me. Trouble is, I was so wasted that I torched my OWN Citroen. I wouldn't mind too much but it had a FoF bumper sticker on the back.

LBNo11

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 22, 2010, 01:24:05 PM
Quote from: Burt on October 22, 2010, 01:18:40 PM
He is a proper yob Burt, he even gets up during wedding speeches singing stand up if you hate the dark side.

...a classic moment, but if memory serves it wasn't...oh, I see..! :doh:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FC Silver Fox

As this is a friendly forum and not a clique, we are talking about American Mike and Miss Witch 2's wedding. I made a short speech, raised a toast and read out personal tributes that had been sent to the happy couple from Jimmy Conway, Leggy, John Collins, Ken Coton, Cookie (Fulham manager at the time), Craig Hutchinson and this wonderful poem written by Corked Hat, then known as the Fulham bard.

There is a sweetness in the wintry air
People feel it everywhere
When two people become just one
And their lives together has now begun

From different shores but a common thread
Is how these two people have come to wed
And we of Fulham know its right
Because there it is, in black and white

Greetings to you both from a distant shore
Mike and Katy, you both know the score
We need a left back and a midfielder or two
So my friends you know what to do

Our need is great so please no slacking
Think of Fulham and just get cracking
Come on, it really isn't that hard
All my love from a delighted Bard.