watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri is our longest serving manager

Started by jeremyfulham, February 14, 2019, 09:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

He has managed more premier league matches under the Khans than anyone else ! Will he manage many more ? 049:gif

Sgt Fulham

I don't mind the fact that he has not kept us up; it was a huge ask. I forgave him for the way he handled the Kamara situation; he was a difficult personality. I will not, however, forgive him for driving away TC and Sess. I want him gone.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 14, 2019, 11:11:36 AM
I don't mind the fact that he has not kept us up; it was a huge ask. I forgave him for the way he handled the Kamara situation; he was a difficult personality. I will not, however, forgive him for driving away TC and Sess. I want him gone.

Yes Sess and Tom have been casualties of CRs failure to understand the ethics and importance of how to squeeze out that extra 10% from both Sess and Cairney who are both Fulham men, they have tasted hard as well as good times, and CR has overlooked the fact that at times like this you remember your roots, that is where CR has shown tunnel vision, and by doing so has appeared just throw names in the air to pick a side. It was always going to be a big ask for anyone who took over.
He has not helped himself, but I will not necessarily blame him for getting relegated, the real damage was done before he took over, and for me I am not talking about SJ. As much I feel he made many mistakes, and who doesn't, he never really stood much chance, and after being given a vote of confidence by the club, was then ceremonially knifed in the back by the real culprits, whereupon the blade went in right up to the handle between the third and fourth vertebrae.
There's gratitude for you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

+1 100%

Thank you and good night

toshes mate

Agree, and even if he does succeed in keeping us from relegation I would still want him gone for the reasons you mention.

filham

The damage has been done, can't think of anything or anyone that could possibly keep our beloved Sess and Cairney at the Cottage next season. What is more hurtful is the thought that we may get less money than we would have got last season when they were both regularly playing well.

ToodlesMcToot

Think he's going to manage until the end of the season, unfortunately. Fulham will not want to pay out his contract, hoping he will leave come the summer of his own accord. Then we'll get the Parker experiment, again because it's cheap and he'll have to go along with TK's roster building.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Woolly Mammoth

No point in replacing him now, it would be like appointing a new Captain on the Titanic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

The only time changing the manager can improve the team is it has not been playing at its best due to the manager. Then you will get a boost. This was not happening under Slav as the lads always seemed to give 100% and seemed to support his tactics. There was a belief in the team. That seems to disappear after the win when we came back from 2-0 down. Ranieri was known as the tinker man and those old habits seem to still be there. I think he was a poor choice to succeed Slavisa. All we can do now barring a miracle is wait for the inevitable

jeremyfulham

Quote from: Andy S on February 16, 2019, 01:08:02 PM
The only time changing the manager can improve the team is it has not been playing at its best due to the manager. Then you will get a boost. This was not happening under Slav as the lads always seemed to give 100% and seemed to support his tactics. There was a belief in the team. That seems to disappear after the win when we came back from 2-0 down. Ranieri was known as the tinker man and those old habits seem to still be there. I think he was a poor choice to succeed Slavisa. All we can do now barring a miracle is wait for the inevitable
I loved Slav , but I didn't see 100% effort vs Cardiff or Huddersfield under him .

filham

Ranieri' last chance has to be the next two matches, if there is no improvement in team performance then surely he has to go and the rebuild for next season in the Championship can commence.