more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AJ Ready To Play

Started by SmithyFFC, October 22, 2010, 10:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmithyFFC

Ready To Play

Before setting off for the Midlands on Friday, Mark Hughes revealed to fulhamfc.com that Andrew Johnson is in contention for Saturday's game agaisnt West Brom after completing 90 minutes in a midweek friendly.

"Andy should be okay," Hughes told fulhamfc.com. "He came through 90 minutes in mid-week so we're pleased with that. He had a good run out and enjoyed the game. He took a few good challenges that he needed just to clear his mind. He's available for selection."

Whilst Johnson strengthens Hughes' attacking options, Fulham will be missing four First Team regulars on Saturday as Hughes' midfield quartet all sit out through injury.

"Injury wise, Simon Davies is struggling with his ankle so he'll miss out. Danny Murphy has an abductor strain and Dickson Etuhu will be out for a couple of weeks. Damien Duff is going to start training next week. We're down on four midfield players so we're light this weekend."

Fulham will be back at the Hawthorns by over a 1,000 travelling supporters and Hughes is hoping another positive away performance will earn his Team all three points against an in-form West Brom side on Saturday afternoon.

"They've [West Brom] done exceptionally well when you consider the opposition they've faced so far this season. They'll be pleased with the start they've made and it's a big test for us because they're an accomplished side. Their confidence has grown with the results they've had.

"We set about to improve our away record this season and we're reasonably pleased with our performances away from home. We've picked up points this year but ideally we want to get three points on the board on our travels. It's important from a confidence point of view. We show a few of the scars from the fact we haven't won on the road for such a long time.

"We've got to overcome that and be positive and the win will come because we're playing well enough."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/October/AJBack.aspx#ixzz134yKIH00
FTID

FatFreddysCat

I wouldn't usually be excited by the return of AJ, but when the alternative is his brother Eddie i'm pleased.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on October 22, 2010, 11:38:45 AM
I wouldn't usually be excited by the return of AJ, but when the alternative is his brother Eddie i'm pleased.

A massive  +1
FTID