watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spitting feathers .......!

Started by HV71, February 17, 2019, 03:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

I am sorry - I just can't help it I am bloody angry.
Okay we have been well outplayed in the league but losing at home to Oldham in the FA Cup was really disgraceful!
I've just watched Wolves get through to the Quarter Finals and Brighton do the same yesterday . Later on today Crystal Palace take on Doncaster - rather than us . WTF ! With a bit of fight and decent team selection that should have been us. The fans needed this boost given the season we have had to endure and we went out to Oldham .

Disgraceful and unforgivable !

So angry !!!!!

FulhamStu

Quote from: HV71 on February 17, 2019, 03:21:13 PM
I am sorry - I just can't help it I am bloody angry.
Okay we have been well outplayed in the league but losing at home to Oldham in the FA Cup was really disgraceful!
I've just watched Wolves get through to the Quarter Finals and Brighton do the same yesterday . Later on today Crystal Palace take on Doncaster - rather than us . WTF ! With a bit of fight and decent team selection that should have been us. The fans needed this boost given the season we have had to endure and we went out to Oldham .

Disgraceful and unforgivable !

So angry !!!!!

I agree with this post.

Baszab

Players just not interested and couldn't have given a toss

They are earning their £40K a week whatever

As I have always said on this forum.....don't confuse supporters' emotions with the players - they are just doing a job
(and not very well for some of them)

Twig

Quote from: Baszab on February 17, 2019, 05:28:09 PM
Players just not interested and couldn't have given a toss

They are earning their £40K a week whatever

As I have always said on this forum.....don't confuse supporters' emotions with the players - they are just doing a job
(and not very well for some of them)

It's nothing to do with whether they earn 40k. Brighton and Wolves will also have well paid players. There is a deeper issue or set of issues.

Woolly Mammoth

Everything that happens on the field of play, is reflected by how well the club is run.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Gut wrenching isn't it and to rub salt into the cup wounds Dan Burn was in the Brighton back four.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

It is what it is. If you're getting wound up over something so small, then your life is going well. Enjoy that instead.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

MikeW

The truth is they progress because they are better than us.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Matt10

Camel Club

Totally agree.The last time we were promoted to the Premier League we reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup in our first season and we were a bit unfortunate not to have beaten Chelsea at Villa Park.

We could have been drawn away to one of the top teams and gone out in the third round but to have lost at home to a side from a lower league in the manner we did was unforgivable. With cup competitions there is always the chance that the draw may open up, as it has this season, so good luck to the likes of Brighton, Wolves and Palace for taking it seriously and professionally.

What annoys me more than anything is that our victory at Wembley last May really felt like the beginning of something when in fact we were witnessing the end of something.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Camel Club on February 17, 2019, 10:06:41 PM
Totally agree.The last time we were promoted to the Premier League we reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup in our first season and we were a bit unfortunate not to have beaten Chelsea at Villa Park.

We could have been drawn away to one of the top teams and gone out in the third round but to have lost at home to a side from a lower league in the manner we did was unforgivable. With cup competitions there is always the chance that the draw may open up, as it has this season, so good luck to the likes of Brighton, Wolves and Palace for taking it seriously and professionally.

What annoys me more than anything is that our victory at Wembley last May really felt like the beginning of something when in fact we were witnessing the end of something.

Yes indeed, I also thought it was the end of the beginning, but it seems it was the beginning of the end.

Never forget your Roots.

KJS

Have you actually considered Brighton or Palace could actually do a Wigan and be relegated after reaching the Cup final? 

ffc2004

Quote from: Camel Club on February 17, 2019, 10:06:41 PM

As an aside from that, this is from the BBC report from that semi final...

"Ranieri then made one of his typically eccentric substitutions, removing Hasselbaink for the hate figure of Stamford Bridge fans Slavisa Jokanovic."

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.