watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Mistake on the Chase?

Started by bog, February 22, 2019, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Yesterday on The Chase there was a question, Which footballer was transferred for £99,999 so as to avoid become the first £100,000 player? They said it was Jimmy Greaves, I thought it was Denis Law. Am I off the rails?

092.gif   

keith

Like you, I thought it was Law. Looking it up on Wikipedia, it was Greaves.

Holders

You do hear errors - there was one on Pointless the other night.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Burt

Just out of curiosity, was there any reason to actively avoid being the first £100,000 player?

bog

I am still sure this was by Mat Busby for Law not to carry the stigma of being the first £100,000 player. Perhaps it was Bill Nicholson with Jimmy.  :022:

092.gif

Dr Know

Quote from: bog on February 22, 2019, 04:48:44 PM
I am still sure this was by Mat Busby for Law not to carry the stigma of being the first £100,000 player. Perhaps it was Bill Nicholson with Jimmy.  :022:

092.gif
It was Bill with Jimmy !

res

Quote from: bog on February 22, 2019, 01:19:41 PM
Yesterday on The Chase there was a question, Which footballer was transferred for £99,999 so as to avoid become the first £100,000 player? They said it was Jimmy Greaves, I thought it was Denis Law. Am I off the rails?

092.gif   
There have been mistakes on many game shows. The one I liked most was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire..what's the lowest number of strokes you have to make to win a set in tennis? Competitor answer 24 (i.e. 4 strokes to each of the 6 games) accepted by Millionaire....answer should be 12 (4 strokes on each of your 3 service games, winning the other 3 games without playing a stroke as your opponent serves 4 double faults in each of his service games)