watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Even Sky saying we need to rebuild NOW for the Championship

Started by JoelH5, February 22, 2019, 10:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Sack Ranieri tonight and get a manager with Championship experience in now. Get planning. Get targets ready so they can actually be together for pre-season.

They said if Burnely, Cardiff, Huddersfield go down they know their team for next year. We don't have a clue
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 22, 2019, 10:04:22 PM
Sack Ranieri tonight and get a manager with Championship experience in now. Get planning. Get targets ready so they can actually be together for pre-season.

"Even sky" as if that gives higher credibility.

Milo

Andyb

grandad

As the saying goes, You can´t make a silk purse from a sows ear. Both SJ & CR have found this out.
Where there's a will there's a wife

sarvenpa

They said if Burnely, Cardiff, Huddersfield go down they know their team for next year. We don't have a clue

AND a new DOF!!

JoelH5

Quote from: sarvenpa on February 22, 2019, 10:20:50 PM

AND a new DOF!!

Sorry yes, I missed the main one!

sarvenpa

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 22, 2019, 10:22:17 PM
Quote from: sarvenpa on February 22, 2019, 10:20:50 PM

AND a new DOF!!

U sure did!

Sorry yes, I missed the main one!

Statto

What was their rationale for this statement?

I suspect Burnley and Huddersfield will have wage bills at least as high as ours given they've been in the PL longer

Maybe Cardiff's will be a bit lower, but then they don't have a chairman who's able to stick an extra £50m into the club, so they'll still be under the same economic pressure as us (in fact, probably more)

So if those clubs propose to keep their teams together then so can we... and indeed we should IMO

Bill2

Quote from: Andyb on February 22, 2019, 10:09:31 PM
Lee johnson for me
Not a bad call how would he fair with some cash and better squad. Plus I believe he is a Fulham fan.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Milo on February 22, 2019, 10:07:36 PM
Was saying this a month ago

lol I said it a few games into the season and got shot down.
Its so obvious to me to
A/get promotion, then B/write the first season in the premier league off and C/ go for it back in the championship with the extra 200 million in your back pocket adding to the side slowly wisely and then D/ make a go of it in the prem.

What ALWAYS happens is, teams get promoted then throw money at it gambling/panic buying on half a team full of untested players that would take a month or so to gel in any division never mind the prem.

Im guessing if the side that got promoted had played every game in the prem we'd have more points than at present.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 23, 2019, 12:01:40 PM

What was their rationale for this statement?

I suspect Burnley and Huddersfield will have wage bills at least as high as ours given they've been in the PL longer

Maybe Cardiff's will be a bit lower, but then they don't have a chairman who's able to stick an extra £50m into the club, so they'll still be under the same economic pressure as us (in fact, probably more)

So if those clubs propose to keep their teams together then so can we... and indeed we should IMO

The comments by Sky are stupid, with our owner we have a better ability to hold on to our players than any other team, but selling to rebuild requires a great recruitment department and our is the weakest that cannot be fixed with just DOF change (advisors and advisors advisors need improving).

The only strategy sensible strategy for FFC is hold on to what we have got except Schullre and Sessegnon that cost too much to keep.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Bill2 on February 23, 2019, 12:09:10 PM
Quote from: Andyb on February 22, 2019, 10:09:31 PM
Lee johnson for me
Not a bad call how would he fair with some cash and better squad. Plus I believe he is a Fulham fan.

I dont know much about him other than he's doing well and his family are ffc. Alan Smith, our old youth coach and palace manager and also a FFC fan was pretty discouraging about him

Andy S

Tell me what Sky know that we don't. They have to say something even if it's rubbish

JoelH5

Quote from: Andy S on February 23, 2019, 09:56:37 PM
Tell me what Sky know that we don't. They have to say something even if it's bollxxX

Sorry I think I've missed the point of your post? Do you think we shouldn't be preparing for the championship?

Milo

Quote from: TC's Sporran on February 23, 2019, 01:48:15 PM

Its so obvious to me to
A/get promotion, then B/write the first season in the premier league off and C/ go for it back in the championship with the extra 200 million in your back pocket adding to the side slowly wisely and then D/ make a go of it in the prem.

What ALWAYS happens is, teams get promoted then throw money at it gambling/panic buying on half a team full of untested players that would take a month or so to gel in any division never mind the prem.

Im guessing if the side that got promoted had played every game in the prem we'd have more points than at present.

Perhaps a tad early to write us off after just a few games...! Don't you think?

I think turning point for me was mid January when we lost to Burnley and the Ranieri experiment was clearly not working, but we still had time to shift our attention to the Championship in the week of transfer window remaining.

Perhaps I'm a sympathiser at times, but do actually think Babel and Markovic on free transfers could be very handy indeed next year as part of a wider squad.

JoelH5

Quote from: Milo on February 24, 2019, 12:17:16 AM

Its so obvious to me to

I think turning point for me was mid January when we lost to Burnley and the Ranieri experiment was clearly not working, but we still had time to shift our attention to the Championship in the week of transfer window remaining.

Perhaps I'm a sympathiser at times, but do actually think Babel and Markovic on free transfers could be very handy indeed next year as part of a wider squad.

No chance Babel will be here next season

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Milo on February 24, 2019, 12:17:16 AM

Its so obvious to me to

if you read the rest of the post you'd see that I advocate becoming a premier league team in stages.

this means the season you aim to survive you've already had one testing season and have £200 million in your back pocket. plus you've also stayed loyal to the players who got you there as opposed to appearing only too eager to cast them aside. It happens to virtually every team that gets promotion.

toshes mate

Logically speaking your plan is sound since even at point (B), if you manage to survive you are in a better position to see where you need to strengthen and the players concerned will better understand than and have PL experience under their belts if they are discarded.   You also have a better reputation as regards to attracting incoming talent and show loyalty to players who succeed.  Under (C) and (D) you also are building for better rather than shooting in the dark for players who might fit.

Good post.