watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could Big Sam save us now.

Started by The Swan, February 23, 2019, 09:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

With 11 games to go could Big Sam save us if we got him in now. Maybe if we had got him in instead CR in November.
Big Sam would not get us playing good football but he might have got us more wins that CR.
The Swan

Jem

I don't think he would take the job now. We are a lost cause and it might damage his reputation.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

bobby01

Sorry, I pay good money to watch good football, if the cost of premiership football is watching Allardyce style football, it will be without my money. Fulham will always be my team but at the end of the day you have to enjoy what you are watching.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

JoelH5

Quote from: bobby01 on February 23, 2019, 10:01:58 PM
Sorry, I pay good money to watch good football, if the cost of premiership football is watching Allardyce style football, it will be without my money. Fulham will always be my team but at the end of the day you have to enjoy what you are watching.

Do you currently?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bobby01

Quote from: JoelH5 on February 23, 2019, 10:05:20 PM

Do you currently?

Enjoy the football being played, definitely not, but assuming CR is a dead man walking, I don't want to see a similar type. Although I have no idea who we should get, it is not an easy task.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

70sPimlico

I'm with you entirely. I want us to be ahead of the game and plan for next season, now.

But one point. Tactically, the football under Ranieri is the grubbiest I can remember a Fulham team playing. The fact it doesnt work obviously makes things worse but it really is depressing to watch. I cant belive that Allardyce would play a worse style of football

SP

JoelH5

Quote from: 70sPimlico on February 23, 2019, 10:09:21 PM

I'm with you entirely. I want us to be ahead of the game and plan for next season, now.

But one point. Tactically, the football under Ranieri is the grubbiest I can remember a Fulham team playing. The fact it doesnt work obviously makes things worse but it really is depressing to watch. I cant belive that Allardyce would play a worse style of football

Ranieri is trying to make us play like Leicester as that worked for him.

The difference is, our defence is terrible and we don't have Kante setting up Vardy and Mahrez on the counter.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Statto

Let's not forget Allardyce doesn't only play terrible football. He's also bent. He can't save us but even if he could, I'd rather go down.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 23, 2019, 10:18:42 PM
Let's not forget Allardyce doesn't only play terrible football. He's also bent. He can't save us but even if he could, I'd rather go down.

I think he might be able to save us, but if Big Sam saves us he will be unsackablle until we actually go down and FFC will be unwatchable until he gets sacked. Getting Relegaed is better than staying up with Big Sam.

Fulham Tup North

To be honest.....Jesus couldn't save this team!!
😩🙏
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

snarks

Like a lot of people I don't want allerdyce anywhere near Fulham, or Pulis for that matter. So frankly whether he could save us or not I'm not bothered

HV71

Quote from: snarks on February 24, 2019, 09:56:03 AM
Like a lot of people I don't want allerdyce anywhere near Fulham, or Pulis for that matter. So frankly whether he could save us or not I'm not bothered

+ 1 we also have to preserve some sense of being a decent club - we have already lost so much in such a very short time

f321ffc

Batman Superman Spiderman and every other super hero from all time couldn't save us.
Roll on next season I really don't care who leaves as long as Clownio has gone and we keep Mitro and Sess, Cairney not fussed either way, the rest either are not good enough or just don't care
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Isn't he doing celebrity apprentice? So busy anyway.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Twig

Will people please, please give the Big Sam nonsense a rest?

AnOldBrownie

No.

Unless he can miraculously bring in 4 starting defenders (who currently aren't on the roster) and have them play well as a unit.

You can't make players that aren't good enough (that can't defend against a lower division team) and set them up so they are all of a sudden decent.

There is no point in bringing up Big S anymore.

Quote from: snarks on February 24, 2019, 09:56:03 AM
:plus one:

And I wouldn't want his style of football at Fulham.

Plus, he's shady.  imo.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: f321ffc on February 24, 2019, 10:45:55 AM
Batman Superman Spiderman and every other super hero from all time couldn't save us.
Roll on next season I really don't care who leaves as long as Clownio has gone and we keep Mitro and Sess, Cairney not fussed either way, the rest either are not good enough or just don't care

Supergran? I reckon she'd help a lot actually.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

mrmicawbers

I think our reputation is still intact,was introduced to a Huddersfield supporter yesterday and he said Fulham are a club everyone seems to like while apologising to the QPR fan that introduced us.

toshes mate

God knows who can save us and She or He gets 100% while the rest of us get a big fat zero....