watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We have less than 1000 fans going to Southampton, yet a win would still give us

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 26, 2019, 08:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Okay, with Cardiff currently losing at home to Everton, a Fulham win against Southampton would leave us 4 points behind Southampton, and 5 behind Cardiff (who we still have to play).

I think this is our final final chance.

Sad to see the website showing only about 900 tickets sold.

If folk were thinking of going,  you can get a cheap day return for £25 if you have a railcard (be back in London before midnight) and a ticket for £30, so cheaper than going to the cottage.

Note I see Brighton are currently losing too, they are sinking like a stone at the moment.

filham

But we all know now that we will not win , our season is over . We had a few shots on target in the last match and actually scored a goal but failed to win a corner, not very often that happens.

Jonnoj

SP

Quote from: Jonnoj on February 26, 2019, 08:58:22 PM
1600 sold as of today, think that's pretty good given our predicament

An excellent turn out, fair play to them.

Milo

Cardiff losing tonight. In free fall? Another home loss.

If we beat Soton, then we are on 20 points and only 5 behind Cardiff... but yeah, with our run in during March it's arbitrary.

clanky

Come on guys, a win tomorrow and then a point off Chelsea ( I am an optomist ) and we are still in it

I'll be there tomorrow ( stupidly ) I am told parking the other side of the river near Woolston station is easier for parking and getting away but a 20 min walk to the ground

Hate ll this talk about planning for the Championship , we should be battling for our lives, not speculating about something that may not happen.

We need to keep fighting and feel our luck has to change soon and get a decent break

COYW

DevonFFC

Quote from: Milo on February 26, 2019, 09:03:46 PM

If we beat Soton, then we are on 20 points and only 5 behind Cardiff... but yeah, with our run in during March it's arbitrary.

Huddersfield bearing wolves

JoelH5

Quote from: DevonFFC on February 26, 2019, 09:37:11 PM

Exactly, anything can happen. We could get a lucky win against Chelsea. Unlikely but you can't guarantee it won't happen. This really is our last, last chance.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Wingnut

They have Brighton (A) and Bournemouth (H) up next. Good chance to get a few points for them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

TXWhite

We have 6 games left this season against teams with nothing to play for (not in order: Watford, Leicester, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Everton, Wolves). Southampton have 6. Cardiff have 4 (and have to play us). We're pretty much finished. A win tomorrow might help turn things around morale-wise. Anything less than a win and you have to say it's all over.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 26, 2019, 08:45:37 PM
Okay, with Cardiff currently losing at home to Everton, a Fulham win against Southampton would leave us 4 points behind Southampton, and 5 behind Cardiff (who we still have to play).

If folk were thinking of going,  you can get a cheap day return for £25 if you have a railcard (be back in London before midnight) and a ticket for £30, so cheaper than going to the cottage.

Note I see Brighton are currently losing too, they are sinking like a stone at the moment.

Where do you get these tickets sold figures from please?    As of 16.30 today the club site said "Trains will be running back to London for plenty of time after the game, so head down to Hampshire and join the 1,500 travelling army backing the boys!"
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 26, 2019, 09:56:14 PM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on February 26, 2019, 08:45:37 PM

Where do you get these tickets sold figures from please?    As of 16.30 today the club site said "Trains will be running back to London for plenty of time after the game, so head down to Hampshire and join the 1,500 travelling army backing the boys!"

On the fixtures page for the Southamption match it says "As of 10am on Thursday 31st January 877 tickets have been sold for this match."  Seems they can't be bothered to update it.

Penfold

Rather take time off work for something I might enjoy. Done plenty of games away midweek over the years.

Woolly Mammoth

If we have any last chances, then it has to be tomorrow, a win, an away win will keep us alive and kicking.
But a defeat, well it doesn't bear thinking about. A draw is not sufficient any more, even an away draw.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Wingnut on February 26, 2019, 09:44:31 PM

They have Brighton (A) and Bournemouth (H) up next. Good chance to get a few points for them.

I was listening to the radio earlier and the place was bouncing even after the game had finished. The team seem up for a fight, the new manager could have become a favourable cult figure already and the fans are obviously up for the rollercoaster ahead. Give me either of the first two and the third is a gimme!

fcfulham55

Footballs a funny game guys.. We will lose this 2 or 3, Maybe more. But maybe just maybe we will lose by the odd 1.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Andy S

It's not the result but the entertainment that is missing. Earlie4 in the season a draw would be a good result now we need three points and we won't get them. So why spend hard earned cash? I'd prefer to sit at home and watch paint dry

snarks

I'll be going and have persuaded 5 others to join me. I just want to see an away win

The Rational Fan

Huddersfield win against Wolves gives me hope, that Huddersfield might not give three points to both Brighton and Southampton. If we also beat Southampton and Cardiff. Then Brighton, Cardiff and Southampton only have easy games against each other, with hopefully two of them coming out clearly terrible.

Beat Southampton and other teams at least have the chance of earning relegation with a string of lossess. I am certain one of Brighton, Cardiff, Southampton or Burnley will end the season in a blaze of disgraceful performances, if two clubs are disgraceful we have a chance unless we are even worse.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 27, 2019, 06:48:59 AM
Huddersfield win against Wolves gives me hope, that Huddersfield might not give three points to both Brighton and Southampton. If we also beat Southampton and Cardiff. Then Brighton, Cardiff and Southampton only have easy games against each other, with hopefully two of them coming out clearly terrible.

Beat Southampton and other teams at least have the chance of earning relegation with a string of lossess. I am certain one of Brighton, Cardiff, Southampton or Burnley will end the season in a blaze of disgraceful performances, if two clubs are disgraceful we have a chance unless we are even worse.

Unfortunately I believe that you are correct in that two other teams need to have fairly dreadful run ins for us to have a decent chance. Weirder things have happened though, there are clearly several really bad teams in the PL this year.