127 (51.8%)
Worried because he's a crap manager
34 (13.9%)
Certain relegation
22 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 242

Voting closed: March 04, 2019, 09:51:32 PM

Barrett487

OK, so i am in no way pleased to say that i predicted Ranieri's failure. What did you all think at the time of his apointment?

Wingnut

Thought we'd be in the relegation battle but competitive.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

filham

I expected a lot better than he has achieved but his excuse of course is that he has not been given the defenders he so desperately needed.

fulhamben

i was optimistic, but at the time i didnt think we would have such a shocking trasfer window in january. i  mean who saw us downgrading kamara for babel, and signing two relative unheard of who offer zero, when he took over
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WokingFFC

I was totally underwhelmed by his appointment and I am extremely disappointed that he has not proved me wrong.

Barrett487

Quote from: WokingFFC on February 27, 2019, 09:58:30 PM
I was totally underwhelmed by his appointment and I am extremely disappointed that he has not proved me wrong.

:plus one:

Bohemian White

I wanted the Austrian guy at Southampton, but thought we would at least tighten up at the back. Honestly thought we would stay up or at least be in the scrap til the end.

Barrett487

So some of you thought Ranieri would shore up the back, despite fortunately winning his PL title because of inheriting Pearson/Shakespeare's defence? The following year he was found out...... nuff said.

Bohemian White

Quote from: Barrett487 on February 27, 2019, 10:04:47 PM
So some of you thought Ranieri would shore up the back, despite fortunately winning his PL title because of inheriting Pearson/Shakespeare's defence? The following year he was found out...... nuff said.

I just thought the defence couldn't get any worse... I read in a couple of places about the players at Leicester crediting Shakespeare for the title win, just expected CR to get us playing a system that didn't expose our full backs as much.

Statto

I was optimistic. I think these players are inherently decent and the problem was just the way they were thrown together so late in the summer. Therefore, I thought the team would naturally improve even if we left Jokanovic in charge, and with Ranieri bringing a bit more tactical nous (well, so I thought) and experience I thought we'd be fine.

ffcwickford

On his appointment, I said to my brother who has supported the club since he was 5 ( I was 6 - now 60) that I think he would be a good appointment. His immediate response was 'I don't think so'

I am unfortunately deeply annoyed to admit that he knows more about football manager's than I do!!!

GrumpyWhite

ALG01

I knew he was crap and thought he made relegation morelikely.

I kept being shouted down and told i was too negative. Alli said was the truth.

The optimism was based on a false premise because the serial underachiever CR had one recent flash in the pan... but they ignored how quickly he had to be liquidated as the next season started.

ffc73

Worried because he had over achieved at Leicester which seems to have blinded the media & the Khans.  Don't agree with the 'crap' definition though

I was disappointed we did not give Joka more time.  IMO we would be in no worse a position than we are now if we had kept him. I think we would be better off now had Joka stayed but of course that is totally subjective

What I did say when CR was appointed was "its an okay appointment if he keeps us up"  So it's not ok

valdeingruo

Honestly the appointment felt more like Magath than Hodgson. On paper, they both looked like solid choices but they didnt fit for the squad. I was worried because of CR's reputation to tinker with the lineup, thats not what we need or can afford but was cautiously optimistic given the good counter attacking football that won them the title. We are almost certainly down, unless we somehow find someone to inspire what would be our new greatest ever escape, its over now. We have had too many "it starts now" moments.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

JoelH5

For me it all hindered on the January window. The defence just aren't anywhere near PL standard. Tony f**ked that up good and propper and that is ultimately what has cost us
I was there, standing in the Putney end

SouthIslandWhite

I am sorry that what I am about to say may offend many on this site and belive me, I mean no offence by this:

What the heck does the bloody manager have to do with our side and our ability to keep the ball out of our net?  Why do we always ask this stupid question?  Seriously I never wanted the change and I never thought that it would amount to a hill of beans if we got Sir Alex out of retirement into CC.  It was NEVER going to matter because the manager doesn't touch the ball, the players do.  (well maybe not our defenders so much because it always gets behind them/but you see my point). 

Our players/most of them are not Prem quality.  Never have been and never will be.  We (our players) are NOT good enough and nobody was going to change that.
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

chrisburt13

I was underwhelmed at the time, didn't think he was the right man for us long term.

I was at the home game against Southampton in his first game in charge, and thought we looked better and would stay up. Not comfortably, but I thought we could finish above the bottom 3.

How times have changed, and I can't wait for him to leave!

Sting of the North

To be honest, I believe I never expected it to be this bad, but was not overly optimistic either. However, at the time I was most of all gutted because Joka was sacked, and cannot really remember what and how I thought about Ranieri. I didn't want a new manager period.