watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mickey Adams and Scott Parker

Started by ALG01, March 01, 2019, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Please do not have a go for what I am about to say but I never rated Mr Adams as a player for us. He had a brilliant ability at a free kick no doubt but otherwise I did not think he was all that/.
BUT
As a manager, he is up there with the total legends for me and what a transformation he brought. It was instant.

Similarly I never really rated Mr Parker as a player for us. But somehow I think he may have similar qualities and I am hopeful we can get a similar transformation. Obviously he cannot fix the squad, but he can transform the way w play and restore pride.
And after we beat Chelsea, and then away at a Leicester, we may yet have a chance of survival (or it could be business a usual).

Sting of the North

Well, let's hope you are correct!

hovewhite

Tend to agree with OP you never no,Fulham odds Sunday corals 4-1 might be worth a birthday fiver!
Coyws

Twig

Statto

Russianrob

Scott Parker will be a disaster for us.Hope I am wrong.

Woolly Mammoth

Personally I think Scott Parker will do a lot better than some anticipate.
Despite some of the daunting tasks facing him, I would like to think he can install a strong mental streak in the players as a whole, and pick the best player for each position. Certainly the team talks will be motivating and passionate, he has the ability to communicate with players more than the average bloke.
But most of all let's remember that like SJ and CR, Scott Parker has been left to deal with players he may not have wanted if he had the choice, they are someone else's choices in the main.
But he should be like a breath of fresh air, and first and foremost we are looking for more commitment from players who are expected to win their own battles, and an improved overall alround team performances in conjunction with positive looking results.
Of course we have a very tough match on Sunday, as well as other tough matches on the horizon, but any kind of visible improvement will suffice, including glorious defeat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

horse1031

I specifically remember watching Scott Parker play for Spurs against a Top 4 side and he absolutely bossed the game.  No one got close to him and he always had so much passion and put his body on the line to block...

I think he could be a good manager down the line.  He needs to draw a fine line and I would think he can relate to the players.

He can speak english as well:).

filham

Quote from: horse1031 on March 01, 2019, 05:16:48 PM
I specifically remember watching Scott Parker play for Spurs against a Top 4 side and he absolutely bossed the game.  No one got close to him and he always had so much passion and put his body on the line to block...

I think he could be a good manager down the line.  He needs to draw a fine line and I would think he can relate to the players.

He can speak english as well:).
Never thought about  his  language, at least I will be able to fully understand his explanations for defeats which I never could with Jocanovic, Ranieri's got easier as they were the same week after week.

sunburywhite

Quote from: hovewhite on March 01, 2019, 11:40:02 AM
Tend to agree with OP you never no,Fulham odds Sunday corals 4-1 might be worth a birthday fiver!
Coyws

5/1 Paddy Power

or was that the score?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ALG01

Message to the nay sayers.

Take a look at yourselves.
Put your pre conceived  prejudice to one side, and keep an open mind. He has no managerial track record, with 10 games that is a plus. It cannot get worse, but it could get better. If even I can give the benifit of the doubt so should you.