watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts on WBA game

Started by Ordar, October 23, 2010, 05:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Obviously I'm writing this straight after the game, so expect a little ranting.

Today we were absolutely abysmal. Carson didnt make 1 save in the entire game (excluding gifting us the goal). I'm starting to really fear relegation. I know its early.

A summary of problems today:

1) Obviously we have injuries to key players. I expected the reserves to step up and show they should be competing for a first team spot. This didnt happen.

2) Our defending at times was terrible. Both goals were preventable, and Schwarzer definitely showed the lad too much near post. It could have been even worse. They had numerous other chances and should have had a penalty for Kelly's foul. The fullbacks got no protection today from the midfield at all.

3) We create absolutely nothing. Which is more confusing as the midfield isnt even protecting the defence. They're doing nothing. Dempsey was yet again dreadful. I dont think he managed to pass to a green shirt today. With Etuhu and Murphy out for 3-4 more weeks we have massive midfield problems (although we dont exactly create alot with our first choice midfield). Not making a goal keeper make a save is terrible.

4) Everything is too slow again. Reminded me of the Bullard days when we could only go forward through him. We made it far far to easy for WBA. Not taking anything away from them as I thought they played well, and carved us open at will.

5) On the plus side the third kit is nice. Much better than the away kit.

So what now? We lie 15th, 3 points off the bottom. The whole system needs to change. We arent creating any chances and are conceding numerous sloppy goals. Failure to beat Wigan next week and I fear that we're in big trouble especially as we have a tough November.   

JezamyBates

Hughes had a shocker

If anybody thinks Greening and Baird in central midfield is good enough to stay up, todays performance proves thats not the case

Greening and Riise need to learn how to take a corner that can beat the first man

SmithyFFC

Quote from: JezamyBates on October 23, 2010, 05:12:59 PM

Greening and Riise need to learn how to take a corner that can beat the first man

Set pieces are so important in the modern game. They give teams the opportunity to score from nothing without even playing well. For some reason no-one in our entire squad has a clue how to take one.  :56:
FTID

bigalffc

Greening is not good enough-kelly is not good enough-Baird is only good enough as cover Dikgacoi should be given his chance, at least he can pass the ball
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

YankeeJim

As to dead ball situations, we do not have anyone who is good in the air. Dempsey is passable at times and Bobby would show a flash now & than but we haven't had a true header of the ball since McBride. I don't understand why Hangers is so poor on the attack with his head.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 23, 2010, 09:37:04 PM
As to dead ball situations, we do not have anyone who is good in the air. Dempsey is passable at times and Bobby would show a flash now & than but we haven't had a true header of the ball since McBride. I don't understand why Hangers is so poor on the attack with his head.

Agreed. This has been a problem area for us for three seasons. With Dempsey, Etuhu, Hangeland, BZ, and Gera in the lineup, we should actually be decent but we just seem to lack a good deliverer and nobody else who has the instinct to get in the right position and time their rise properly.

CorkCity

I blame that tit Kamara, if he had any balls he would have drove through the defence and made it 0-2, he lost his bottle and turned back inside. At 0-2 we would have seen a diffrent result. I'm still annoyed with that p****.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

SmithyFFC

Quote from: CorkCity on October 24, 2010, 08:36:39 AM
I blame that tit Kamara, if he had any balls he would have drove through the defence and made it 0-2, he lost his bottle and turned back inside. At 0-2 we would have seen a diffrent result. I'm still annoyed with that p****.

I agree, he should have absolutely buried that chance, ran straight at there defence and had a crack. Instead he came back instead and was put under pressure and lashed a pathetic shot wide.  :046:
FTID

Tonywa

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 24, 2010, 11:58:36 AM
Quote from: CorkCity on October 24, 2010, 08:36:39 AM

I agree, he should have absolutely buried that chance, ran straight at there defence and had a crack. Instead he came back instead and was put under pressure and lashed a pathetic shot wide.  :046:

He is a complete waste of space and should never play in our first team again.  Granted he scored twenty-plus goals for WBA in the Championship, but his scoring record in the top flight is abysmal.
As I said last week the Spuds bought Van Der Vaart for only just over a million more than we paid for Kamara.  Well done Sanchez!

LordNelson

After that display, I don't think we'll be seeing Kamara on the pitch for a while--except as a late sub.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

PaulUMD

The biggest crime here is having no cover for Murphy in the center.  When he came out last week, the wheels fell off.  This week we were offensively anemic.  This is not a coincidence.

jarv

Wait a minute....when Davies is in the team, deliveries are as good as anyone. Yes, yesterday was awful, I take better corners and free kicks for my team.....in the over 60 league in Massachusetts.

Tonywa

Before anybody gets too downhearted.  Think back almost exactly two years.  We went to the Hawthorns and lost to a WBA vastly inferior to that we played yesterday.  We were abysmal, far worse than yesterday and Roy left his mark on the game by making one of his more brilliant substitutions taking off one full back (uninjured) and replacing him with another in the last five minutes when we were losing.   We were all in despair after that performance and on the way home were calling for the manager's head and forecasting a long relegation battle.  Wind on six months and at the end of the season we finished in our highest-ever league position and qualified for the Europa League.  Moral it's sill far too early in the season to make any hard and fast judgements.  If we're in the bottom three at the turn of the year, the I really would start to worry.

TW

fulhamwannabe

i haven't see the match,but after listening to G.J,my conclusion is:ffc must and should offload some players(kamara,riise,e.j,pants,schwarzer,dickso,demps,even murphy and duff why not?),and very urgently think about new recruits(and that's essentiel)if they want to play the second half of the league not worrying about the lower division!c'mon the whites  :033:

JezamyBates

I agreed 100% with Hughes' hardline stance on Pantsil's childish outburst when he was dropped from the side. This was with the belief Baird would fill the gap

However the point has now been proven and Kelly must be dropped for the Wigan game. He is inferior both attacking and defending to JP and installs no confidence

YankeeJim

Quote from: JezamyBates on October 24, 2010, 04:40:32 PM
I agreed 100% with Hughes' hardline stance on Pantsil's childish outburst when he was dropped from the side. This was with the belief Baird would fill the gap

However the point has now been proven and Kelly must be dropped for the Wigan game. He is inferior both attacking and defending to JP and installs no confidence

+1
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

nevzter

Quote from: fulhamwannabe on October 24, 2010, 03:52:44 PM
i haven't see the match,but after listening to G.J,my conclusion is:ffc must and should offload some players(kamara,riise,e.j,pants,schwarzer,dickso,demps,even murphy and duff why not?),and very urgently think about new recruits(and that's essentiel)if they want to play the second half of the league not worrying about the lower division!c'mon the whites  :033:

Selling each of the individuals listed would require Fulham to purchase at least 6 new players - Fulham has trouble wrapping up 1 or 2 players in a window - to re-tool half the squad in January would be a tough road to hoe.

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

LBNo11

...all I can say is that Greening, Gera and Kamara showed WBA what might have been...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC