watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We may have been poor today but...

Started by Jimpav, October 23, 2010, 06:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

WBA are undeniably in form. Point away at United and 3 points and a big win at the Emirates.

The next two matches are crucial. A failure to take three points at home in either match will be the beginning of the end for Sparky.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Jimpav on October 23, 2010, 06:28:23 PM
  A failure to take three points at home in either match will be the beginning of the end for Sparky.
not as I see it,he is rebuilding the side,let him do so and judge him then :clap_hands:

FatFreddysCat

What a load of rubbish, with a full team we looked very promising under Hughes, our injurie list is unbelievable and i to be honest i can see us being in the relegation zone or close by Xmas, but when he gets the chance to sign new players (the Mexican and Dembele are hardly poor signings) we will rise back up to mid table. I think without the Zamora injury we'd have maybe had a chance of 7th again, but this season has been wrecked by poor luck already rather than poor manasgement. In Hughes i 100% trust.

TonyGilroy

For all the throat slitting on the message boards I reckon this is the first league match where we were clearly second best.

What disappointed me was how little we got from Dembele, Dempsey and Gera but we know they're better than that.

This may well be a season of transition where we struggle but I don't doubt that Hughes will get it right.

LBNo11

...at the moment I am ambivalent about Mark Hughes, he certainly has brought nothing to the table to get me excited, even before the injuries started.

I know Mr Hughes has to put together his own team, and whoever plays in a Fulham shirt I will back (well apart from Storey, Cooper, Marlet and M. Brown) but to date I think we have not so much looked second best, as one dimensional...

(Throat slitting not a considered option at the moment, otherwise I would have done it years ago!)
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Today Fulham played the worst Tom Tit I can remember.

Utterly Disgusted.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Hazey

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 23, 2010, 07:33:02 PM

For all the throat slitting on the message boards I reckon this is the first league match where we were clearly second best.

What disappointed me was how little we got from Dembele, Dempsey and Gera but we know they're better than that.

This may well be a season of transition where we struggle but I don't doubt that Hughes will get it right.

With the pieces of info that are let out here and there, it is probable that these two guys are playing with niggling injuries and not 100%?  Not making excuses as I didnt see or hear any of the game today, but maybe something to consider?  I think we all know we desperately need a quality playmaker in midfield most importantly.  Our defensive fragility this seasons is a little worrying this season also and while we love seeing goals and attacking play a stingy defence is so so important to mid table clubs in the EPL.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Chopper

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 23, 2010, 07:39:42 PM
...at the moment I am ambivalent about Mark Hughes, he certainly has brought nothing to the table to get me excited, even before the injuries started. 

Yeah, I feel the same. Hughes needs time to change the side to meet his philosphy of football. Right now it's Hodgson's team and we're struggling without key players. I'm hoping come the New Year things will be starting to click and then maybe I can start to like Sparky as our manager.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

RidgeRider

Quote from: Chopper on October 23, 2010, 09:37:47 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on October 23, 2010, 07:39:42 PM

Yeah, I feel the same. Hughes needs time to change the side to meet his philosphy of football. Right now it's Hodgson's team and we're struggling without key players. I'm hoping come the New Year things will be starting to click and then maybe I can start to like Sparky as our manager.

+ 1 to both comments. A win next week and we all feel better but I am a tad worried at this moment.

jarv

I think everyone agrees. In for a fight now but will get better. I did not enjoy watching this tonight. Very, very poor.