watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WHAT A PERFORMANCE !!!

Started by bornafulhamfan, March 03, 2019, 04:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornafulhamfan

Yes we weren't very good defensively quite a few times in the game, yes we lost, yes we could have scored from some of our chances, but we showed real commitment, passion and it really looked to me as if our players left their hearts and souls on the pitch for the first time this season. Even Vietto, who was considered by many here lightweight, wasn't afraid to get into a duel. Lovely sights 😍♥️😍

JoelH5

Yep miles better. Didn't embarass ourselves at all. Much better
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Mince n Tatties

Just leaving the ground and people smiling as though we'd won....I'm not we deserved something from the game,we never get any effin luck against the Scum....

bog

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 03, 2019, 04:12:08 PM
Just leaving the ground and people smiling as though we'd won....I'm not we deserved something from the game,we never get any effin luck against the Scum....

We never do. In the game at their place we deserved something but got sod all, even on MOTD2 they did not mentions us at all!  :031:

092.gif

Twig

There was a clear foul in the middle of the park before their winning goal. If that had been flagged by the very poor lino then we would have got a point which we fully deserved. I don't often blame officials but I felt we were cheated today.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Twig on March 03, 2019, 05:05:25 PM
There was a clear foul in the middle of the park before their winning goal. If that had been flagged by the very poor lino then we would have got a point which we fully deserved. I don't often blame officials but I felt we were cheated today.

You're not referring to the Joe Bryan no call?

LittleErn

Sorry Twig but the "foul" was not at all clear. The Sky replay showed the Chelsea player pulling away from Bryan as he threw himself on the floor. If he'd got up and sprinted back instead of lying down waving his arms, we might have had enough in the box to stop the goal - though I doubt it. We did deserve a point though. A very great improvement which needs to be maintained. Shame their goalie had a good game - small margins at this level! Overall I'm encouraged. Still not happy with Anguissa who looked lost on occasions was dispossessed too easily and gave the ball away with poor passes. Maybe, like Seri, he will improve with enough games to get up to PL speed of thought, but we don't have that time to give him.

Fulhamfan666

Brilliant team performance. Shame about the result but still. So proud of the boys today  049:gif

SG

Quote from: LittleErn on March 03, 2019, 05:17:44 PM
Sorry Twig but the "foul" was not at all clear. The Sky replay showed the Chelsea player pulling away from Bryan as he threw himself on the floor. If he'd got up and sprinted back instead of lying down waving his arms, we might have had enough in the box to stop the goal - though I doubt it. We did deserve a point though. A very great improvement which needs to be maintained. Shame their goalie had a good game - small margins at this level! Overall I'm encouraged. Still not happy with Anguissa who looked lost on occasions was dispossessed too easily and gave the ball away with poor passes. Maybe, like Seri, he will improve with enough games to get up to PL speed of thought, but we don't have that time to give him.

Agreed - we were right in line and it wasn't a foul. Given it was in the middle of the park there is no chance of a lino flagging for a foul. Their brief will be for stuff in front of them in their quarter of the pitch.

HV71

Sadly it wasn't a foul - .....Joe had a much better game though

fulhamfever

Mitrovic had chances today and against Southampton a man short on confidence I think so.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 03, 2019, 04:12:08 PM
Mince we could have been 4-1 down at half time but I have to agree we showed some character, if you went home with a smile on your face you might not have to sleep in your shed tonight!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

The hard facts are that we scored a goal, had a goal disallowed and won a good few corners. Statisticaly this shows an improvement on recent matches and then we were right in there at the end with a chance of an equaliser.