watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker reaction

Started by Spirit of 2000, March 03, 2019, 05:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Fulham caretaker manager Scott Parker, speaking to Sky Sports: "We took them close. The first half we huffed and puffed but didn't get the control which we would have liked. We worked the last few days on trying to stamp our way on Chelsea. I just felt in possession we could have dominated in spells and in the first half we didn't do that. Second half it changed around and it was a lot better.

"We highlighted the threat they have in wide areas and with Higuain a natural finisher. The first goal was a great finish but we could defended it a little bit better.

"I was very proud of them [the players] today. It has been a big few days. It is a massive season with a lot of disappointments. My message at the start was that the fans look at us with pride and I have got a feeling they did that. That's what makes me happiest."

Steeeeeeeeeed

I know it's early days, and as somebody who believes much of the study of Body Language is rubbish, but I liked Parker's demeanour today.

When he walked out to the bench before the game he was extremely low key, infact I thought he was a groundsman at first, but I found him to be like Jokanivic brooding on the touchline during the game, clearly wanting to do well and looking very focused.

Also liked the 'hug' he gave Cairney seemed very grateful for his performance and appreciative.

I think he could be the guy.

TC's Sporran

Hope so, lets hope it isn't just a case of the players raising their game v the top clubs only to sink back down to mediocre levels against the lesser teams. Somehow I don't think SP will let this happen though..

hovewhite

I've been called for supporting Scotty,but better the devil you know.

filham

That performance gave us hope for next season and we must give Scotty our full support.

@jolslover

Loved how Parker got all the players to come over to the fans after the game. Good start to his reign today.
STH H3

FulhamStu

I think he will be an excellent manager.  Never really liked him as a players for us, partly due to the fact he was so way passed his best.  But as an enthusiatic young manager with everything to prove, he could be perfect for us.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I agree with all and sundry.
Well done Scott Parker, you restored some much needed pride.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 03, 2019, 07:24:21 PM

+1

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 03, 2019, 07:29:09 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 03, 2019, 07:24:21 PM

+1
+1 here also!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

cottage expat

Quote from: FulhamStu on March 03, 2019, 06:56:22 PM
I think he will be an excellent manager.  Never really liked him as a players for us, partly due to the fact he was so way passed his best.  But as an enthusiatic young manager with everything to prove, he could be perfect for us.

I agree but, while he was "past his best", I admired the way he always gave his all on the pitch.

SG

Well I came away hoarse and angry that we didn't nick a point at the end which says it all. If he keeps this level of performance and commitment up the job will be his