watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sessegnon Goal should of stood

Started by fulhamfever, March 03, 2019, 08:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carborundum

Sat the other half of the pitch, I fully expected it to be disallowed for a foul in the build up. 

SG

Talking about referees - Sess offside on the penalty spot with the free kick taken on the edge of the box. What was worse was Mitro given offside and their free kick was taken some 5/6 yards into our half. Bloody referees!

Bill2

Quote from: Brawn on March 03, 2019, 10:53:55 PM
Hmmmm.... close one.

This picture he is clearly offside but it is only a still, if you look at the picture from the link in the original post he is clearly on side. Will watch MOTD and see what they show.

Fulham1959

Sessegnon goal should HAVE stood !!!!

Actually, it shouldn't.

Bill2

The big question in this debate is if the ball came off the Chelsea player or Vietto, if Vietto he is clearly offside and right to be disallowed. But having watched it on Fulham highlights and MOTD2 it is inconclusive with no real replay or close up to confirm. The linesman at best would have been unsighted as it happened between the two players and he would have not had a clear view of it. I would like to hear the officials reason behind his decision but I have more chance of winning the lottery 2 weeks in a row than that. But that is the sort of decisions we have been getting all season, if not sure give it the top team rather than risk their manager shouting.

So I am assuming the official decided it came off the Fulham man as from my understanding had it been the Chelsea player it would have not been offside.