Sessegnon Goal should of stood

Started by fulhamfever, March 03, 2019, 08:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamfever

We never get luck with the officials.

Mitrovic v Liverpool
Hernandez v Fulham
Sessegnon v Chelsea

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1095097/Fulham-Chelsea-Ryan-Sessegnon-goal

davew

It was offside m8, I agree we don't often get the rub of the green though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamfever

Quote from: davew on March 03, 2019, 08:44:04 PM
It was offside m8, I agree we don't often get the rub of the green though!

It came off Rudigers shoulder into the path of Sess

SG

We have been here before. A deflection does not count to be played on. The touch must be deliberate

davew

Quote from: SG on March 03, 2019, 08:48:32 PM
We have been here before. A deflection does not count to be played on. The touch must be deliberate
Goal correctly disallowed for offside, unfortunately!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

andyk

The question is where was Sess when Vietto headed the ball.  He was offside when the ball deflected off the Chelsea shoulder, but was he off when Vietto got his touch. It's microseconds,  so very difficult, but would have been an interesting one for VAR. 

Steeeeeeeeeed

Would have Been an amazing moment for Sess if it was allowed after the season he has had. I was cheering my head off for a couple of seconds .

Ref should have allowed it just to make the young starlet feel.good.

the nutflush

Vinnieffc

Quote from: SG on March 03, 2019, 08:48:32 PM

Didn't realise that. I  stand corrected in that case. Yes it was offside.

ALG01

I saw the flag in the corner of my eye and had assumed it was the very clear push from Vietto on the defender. If it was offside then it was harsh.

MikeTheCubed

Onside when the ball was played.

Yet another big-four-bitch set of officials.

Brawn

YankeeJim

The question is if Sess was in blue at the Bridge, would it have been called? I doubt. If he played for Rednose at Trafford would have been called? No way.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JoelH5

It's offside. Don't ruin the good feeling we have after playing well by trying to pretend we were cheated. I'd be the first to be complaining if we were but it was offside.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Mince n Tatties

Daily express on line have another take on that pic,that he was definitely onside.😎

Robbie

Sadly it was offside ....  so was Harry Kane when he got bundled over for a PEN.

Bring on VAR.... the big clubs will be very nervous

toshes mate

In the rules of the game it may have been as marginal as many PL decisions are these days but it was called offside and that is that. Other goalscorers may get them given to them, Sess didn't.

Neil D

junior white

I felt Vietto nudged the defender before the ball got through, borderline offside, so all in all for me probably the correct decision sadly

Burt

There was a foul in the build-up and Sess was offside, so no complaints here. The ref gets enough stick for getting things occasionally wrong, so no point in giving them stick when they get it right :)