watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did we fire CR too early?

Started by Robbie, March 04, 2019, 08:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Hear me out.  MUFC deliberately sacked JM and hired OGS at the time to allow OGS  maximum success. A run of easy games to build some wins.

Poor old SP has a nightmare of a month and a half ahead. Games (sorry) we are very likely to lose. And then we have a final few winnable games. We could  have let CR take more of the heat.

I hope the hotheads among the FFC fans are not callling for SP's head by early April.

SP could work for next season....

toshes mate

Looks to me as if SP is going to enjoy himself for the rest of the season regardless, and the players will benefit from that.  OGS has a smile on his face, and I hope most FFC people will have one by the end of the season too, because Parker knows how to smile genuinely too.

Burt

If yesterday was anything to go by then I would rather lose in style and giving it a go rather than lose without a fight...

..FOF..

I don't think anybody is going to call for SP head this season.

It is quite sure though that the management should lined up a few "promotion proven" coaches for interviews right now.

Our manager-recruitment setup demands a very specific type of coach to play ball with Tony Khan.

the nutflush

About a month too late if you ask me.

hongkongfulham

On the flip side its a bunch of games that we are expected to get nothing from. If we can pull off any kind of results it will be a boon for the boys and him. Even if we play like yesterday and lose he will get more and more people on side.

Twig

Quote from: the nutflush on March 04, 2019, 09:07:38 AM

Agree, he should have gone two or theee games back, that would have given SP a realistic chance of a point or two.

toshes mate

It's never too early to sack a poor recruit.  Better still not to recruit them at all.

JoelH5

Not at all. You've said it yourself. We're expected to lose these game. He has nothing to lose.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ScalleysDad

Probably right. As soon as the discontent within the camp started to filter out alongside the string of poor results and abject performances the Ranieri project was making repetitive replies that aren't funny!  and Khan should have stepped in. It was almost the same scenario with the JOka stay/go debate dragging out a bit. (Sources include the tele but mostly on here).

The lesson here is to read through a post before sending it. What a load of tosh. My point was going to be about the Ranieri project being doomed once past a certain point. No idea where repetitive replies came from.

Holders

Yesterday's performance was much improved and makes one wonder what might have been if that shape, personnel and attitude had been in evidence earlier. Parker
had the courage to drop Seri (a good player but perhaps not right for a shape including Cairney). It was great to know that Stuart Grey is back as well. I was away on holiday last week so that came as a surprise as I hadn't picked it up on my few visits to FoF.

I think that these two have the makings of a good partnership for next year - and after that, who knows?

It was good to see the team play with style, flair and passion again and I thought we were unlucky not to get a point. I just hope that the injuries aren't too serious,
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Holders on March 04, 2019, 09:53:32 AM
Yesterday's performance was much improved and makes one wonder what might have been if that shape, personnel and attitude had been in evidence earlier. Parker
had the courage to drop Seri (a good player but perhaps not right for a shape including Cairney). It was great to know that Stuart Grey is back as well. I was away on holiday last week so that came as a surprise as I hadn't picked it up on my few visits to FoF.

I think that these two have the makings of a good partnership for next year - and after that, who knows?

It was good to see the team play with style, flair and passion again and I thought we were unlucky not to get a point. I just hope that the injuries aren't too serious,

It's a big task is'nt it and not one that has overwhelming support on here as yet but as the wise old geezer on the train pointed out both SP and Grey have better reputations than this season shows. With JOka going and Parker staying and now Ranieri going and Grey coming back with Parker once again staying perhaps the seasons problems and issues were out of their control and they were simply stuck with trying to implement somebody else's flawed plans. Seniority can really suck at times.

Holders

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 04, 2019, 10:13:03 AM
Quote from: Holders on March 04, 2019, 09:53:32 AM

It's a big task is'nt it and not one that has overwhelming support on here as yet but as the wise old geezer on the train pointed out both SP and Grey have better reputations than this season shows. With JOka going and Parker staying and now Ranieri going and Grey coming back with Parker once again staying perhaps the seasons problems and issues were out of their control and they were simply stuck with trying to implement somebody else's flawed plans. Seniority can really suck at times.

It's interesting that Parker was brought in during Jokanovic's time - and then Grey went.

Presumably these changes were at the instigation of SJ rather than the Khans. I felt that Grey going left a big hole and have no idea why he had to leave but it seems that the club retained a sufficiently good relationship to bring him back - presumably at Parker's behest.

I, for one, hope it works. If next year's to be the proving ground for such a partnership then the prospect of that will rather depend on what they do this year, even if the points to stay up aren't going to be achieved. So, no, Ranieri wasn't sacked too soon.

Statto

Quote from: JoelH5 on March 04, 2019, 09:36:39 AM
Not at all. You've said it yourself. We're expected to lose these game. He has nothing to lose.

Agree

I also get the impression Ranieri's negative impact on Sessegnon, Cairney and potentially others needed stopping urgently, before more damage was done.

We've already probably lost Kamara because Ranieri mismanaged him. I know some people don't rate him but I was watching Adama Traore the other day and sorry but he's no better than Kamara, very similar actually, so I think Kamara could have been an important player for us in the Championship next season.

Bettinelli also commented as follows on a social media post by Sessegnon yesterday, which has been interpreted as a reference to Ranieri's comments: "Your a f****** man! No boy! A f****** man you are"

Ranieri could have done Magath-level damage if allowed to remain.

Oakeshott

Maybe Scotty and Stuart will prove to be another beneficial Fulham duo like Roy and Ray. I certainly hope Khan senior gives Scotty a proper chance and isn't fixated on getting in some Premiership-unproven foreign manager.

Holders

Quote from: Oakeshott on March 04, 2019, 10:56:03 AM
Maybe Scotty and Stuart will prove to be another beneficial Fulham duo like Roy and Ray. I certainly hope Khan senior gives Scotty a proper chance and isn't fixated on getting in some Premiership-unproven foreign manager.

The next nine games are the duo's chance to see what they can do in terms of team-deployment, morale-building, man-management and performances which will impact on the Khans' decision as to manager/coaches next season.

It seems to me that they're being given a chance, there was nothing to lose. As Statto says, the club's relationship with Sess and Cairney was being damaged. As for Kamara - that will depend on Parker and Grey's stance on him, of which I have no inkling. 

toshes mate

Quote from: Holders on March 04, 2019, 11:16:06 AM
Quote from: Oakeshott on March 04, 2019, 10:56:03 AM

The next nine games are the duo's chance to see what they can do in terms of team-deployment, morale-building, man-management and performances which will impact on the Khans' decision as to manager/coaches next season.

It seems to me that they're being given a chance, there was nothing to lose. As Statto says, the club's relationship with Sess and Cairney was being damaged. As for Kamara - that will depend on Parker and Grey's stance on him, of which I have no inkling. 
I think Statto's point about Ranieri degenerating good players (I have mentioned Cairney and Sess, but as Statto rightly points out it went much deeper than that) and resolving to play the summer's key signings under Jokanovic and Ranieri rather than the bulk of last year's successful team have been markers that point fingers at all the controlling senior influences there may have been over such matters.  SP may have been given a much freer role by SK either in desperation or because he felt the pressure from supporters at St Mary's, and SP can therefore select a side solely on merit and limit selections to what he believes are the best fit to turning the situation around.  I noticed a much more determined look on many players faces and less of heads dropping in anticipation of worse to come when the goals went in.  That belief has to have origins off the pitch and for that we have coaching to thank for it.  It's early days for SP but I truly believe that the right team off the pitch can do wonders for what happens on the pitch.  Perhaps desperate decisions will have a positive outcome this time around.

hovewhite

It's going to be an interesting 9 games for Scotty the plus he knows what all the squad offer along with the youngsters like O'Riley,Steve sess etc

The Enclosurite

¡COYW!