watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zambo - will Mr Parker & Mr Gray

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 04, 2019, 12:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Turn him into a first team starter - I'm thinking yes....he appears to have the talent, now needs the concentration to make the right choices

JimmyConway

I thought he did well when coming on yesterday. He played one sublime pass through to Bryan to run on to. I had not been impressed previously with him as he just seemed to play 2 yard passes to and throw.

KJS

:54: I also thought he did well and made at least to killer passes

MikeW

I suppose it needs drilling into him that he was purchased to do a job - anchor the mid field with his presence and size and spread to ball around with Seri alongside.  Looks good on paper anyway.

I thought KMac did a great job yesterday.  He sat in the middle, called for the ball, (demanded even) organised and wasn't getting involved in anything he can't do.  Gave room for Tom and Sess (not too comfortable on the right to be honest) to cause a few problems.  Live in hope, if slim pickings.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Jamie88

I'm yet to understand what he offers the team - he does not appear to be a great tackler, I have never seen him win a header, he has no pace, he never appears energetic, he is not a great passer and his touch is fairly poor.
I would like to know what some people see in him? He is far from a DM with the way that he plays and I see him misplace more passes than quality ones. Obviously I'd love him to improve and be a useful addition though it doesn't look good right now in my opinion.

hovewhite

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 04, 2019, 05:33:09 PM
I'm yet to understand what he offers the team - he does not appear to be a great tackler, I have never seen him win a header, he has no pace, he never appears energetic, he is not a great passer and his touch is fairly poor.
I would like to know what some people see in him? He is far from a DM with the way that he plays and I see him misplace more passes than quality ones. Obviously I'd love him to improve and be a useful addition though it doesn't look good right now in my opinion.

surely can only improve!

jarv

I thought he did ok. DEfensive midfield ?  He seems ok but gets caught in possession a few times which can be fixed. As far as tackling goes, we used to have a superb defensive midfielder called Legwynski (leggy) I dont think I ever saw him tackle.   Moving on and up now.

davew

Quote from: hovewhite on March 04, 2019, 05:54:38 PM

surely can only improve!
Agreed but if he can't he is worse than we originally thought, 30m price tag, daylight robbery!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Swan

Although I enjoyed the game yesterday when Zambo came on as sub I thought we would lose any foothold we had in midfield.
Zambo did put a couple of good passes but apart from that he was the same useless player as in the other games.
At the end of this season please sell him and at least get our money back.
The Swan

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Swan on March 04, 2019, 07:52:52 PM
Although I enjoyed the game yesterday when Zambo came on as sub I thought we would lose any foothold we had in midfield.
Zambo did put a couple of good passes but apart from that he was the same useless player as in the other games.

And nevertheless we didn't in my opinion lose our foothold in midfield when he came on. I feel that KMac at the moment is the better player defensively, and Zambo better going forward, with his passing range being far above Mac's. I though he did well yesterday apart from two strange sloppy passes. He made a couple of really good forward passes opening up Chelsea, and otherwise played neat and tidy and kept the ball moving.

LittleErn

Afraid I have to agree -coupled with his strange positioning at times - not marking anyone particularly and easily bypassed. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights at times. I really hope he improves and learns to make his presence felt.

Dodger53

What he did well yesterday any professional footballer could have done what he did poorly was kill some good moves with a poor pass. Hopeless

H4usuallysitting

He looked angry at himself yesterday with a couple of wayward passed - I'm thinking he needs to concentrate more & the more game time he gets the better he'll be

the nutflush

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 04, 2019, 08:41:28 PM
What he did well yesterday any professional footballer could have done what he did poorly was kill some good moves with a poor pass. Hopeless

Agreed.  He's an absolute bust.  All these people saying he can do well for us next season in the championship are deluded.  All he does is pass the ball backwards 6ft.  My seven year old son can do that.... actually I think he does it better.

ALG01

He did well, for him, compared to what he previously did.
In my opinion but for the price tag he would not have had two games in the first team.
What he did yesterday was run around much more than before, kept possesion through passing simple and generally was more disciplined.
What he didn't do was make a decent challenge or make a telling pass. Now he knows he has underperformed so I suspect was just trying to play simple to try and get his confidence back. What did orry me was a ridiculous 60 yeard long pass to nobody, when you hit a long ball there has to be somebody you aim at or a  runner, he just lost possesion when we needed to keep it calm.

He is ckearly not worth the money, but thank heavens he has at least started like he is a footballer.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 04, 2019, 08:05:56 PM
Quote from: The Swan on March 04, 2019, 07:52:52 PM

And nevertheless we didn't in my opinion lose our foothold in midfield when he came on. I feel that KMac at the moment is the better player defensively, and Zambo better going forward, with his passing range being far above Mac's. I though he did well yesterday apart from two strange sloppy passes. He made a couple of really good forward passes opening up Chelsea, and otherwise played neat and tidy and kept the ball moving.
What was noticeable to me when he came on is that we moved the ball forward so much quicker than with Kmac, his passing was crisp and immediate and couple of killer balls thro for runs on by Bryan and Sess. We were much more on the front foot looking for the equalizer with him on the field.

He gets a bad rap as people still think of him as a lone CDM wheras he is more box to box. He did not help his case with the obvious haters, due primarily it seems to his price tag, with one or two stray passes.
I think you might see him more than Seri over next few games.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Marinelloguthrie

The most frustrating thing about this season for me is that i see decent players in nearly all the new players but for some reason it hasnt happened.

The injury to Mawson hasnt helped but ultimately it has to be down to managers although imo less so Slav.

On a side note, how many times if any did Cairney, Macdonald and Stef play together this season?

Matt10

I think the lesson that we are all soon going to learn is that our perceptions of our players before are skewed because of the position our previous managers put us in. People were writing off the likes of Joe Bryan and Tim Ream, but against Chelsea they were outstanding.

Let's give our players the clean slate they deserve and let the work of Parker & co. do their thing. If Zambo continues to be the way he is after provided even more opportunities, that will be a much more fair assessment than giving our input that can be influenced by not only his price tag, but his previous performances.

The Rational Fan

Here is paraphased quote from a person that watches Marselle about Zambo dated on 27th May 2018 "If a EPL club wants to spend like £20M (e.g. West Ham) on him, that could be nice. He is not bad, but it's hard to build something with him because you never know which Zambo you'll have. Will you have the Zambo who looks like a Yaya Touré "able to do anything in the midfield", or will you have the "I-can't-make-a-6-yard-pass" Zambo." It's an interesting comment I think.

MJG

Quote from: the nutflush on March 04, 2019, 10:53:35 PM
Quote from: Dodger53 on March 04, 2019, 08:41:28 PM

Agreed.  He's an absolute bust.  All these people saying he can do well for us next season in the championship are deluded.  All he does is pass the ball backwards 6ft.  My seven year old son can do that.... actually I think he does it better.
that's is just not true of what he did on Sunday. Watch again, watch the clever pass out wide between a couple of players to Bryan, how he linked with TC at times.
Just the views of a long term fan