https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wolves lost 1 Million per week last season

Started by snarks, March 05, 2019, 05:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

snarks

Thanks MJG always helpful. How come Villa haven't been ripped to b*****y by the Football League over FFP

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MJG on March 06, 2019, 11:43:51 AM

Wolves and Cardiff figures are offical signed off by their Chairmans.

Where as the FFC 17/18 of £30m is definately unoffical and I wonder if it is accurate.

Fulham last offical figure was for 16/17 and it was a lose of £16.3 million.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02114486/filing-history

MJG

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 06, 2019, 12:04:15 PM

all correct and as it stats some is season before last.

Where as the FFC 17/18 of £30m is definately unoffical and I wonder if it is accurate.

Fulham last offical figure was for 16/17 and it was a lose of £16.3 million.

Just the views of a long term fan

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 06, 2019, 11:05:17 AM
Quote from: Penfold on March 06, 2019, 10:50:17 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 06, 2019, 10:27:59 AM
Quote from: Statto on March 06, 2019, 08:01:53 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 06, 2019, 02:33:42 AM
any nonsense about Wolves or Cardiff being better at spending money than us is complete nonsense

As it stands, at the end of this season their owners will have them from 14th in the Championship to 7th in the PL in 3 years.

Our owners will have taken us from 12th in the PL, back to the Championship in 6 years.

Whichever way you look at it, they are doing something much better than those running FFC

Well, Fulham FC was a mess from when "The Khans" took over until sometime just before the "2nd April 2016" when we improved, appoint SJ was undoubtely a big part, but I personally think we started the Khan era with a poor squad anyway.

As for Wolves doing something right, I would call it blantant cheating of FFP Rules what Wolves have done. There have been accuations for a long time from outside Wolves, but Offical "Loss for the Financial Year of 2018"of £55,149,000 comes with the Wolves Chairman signature now.

I thought they were cheating, but I thought it would be hidden by clever accounting. I never expected the Accounts to say Wolves losses were £55m for the year, when they are only allowed £13m. I know FFP takes out youth player costs, but we are so honest we don't call Ryan Sessegnon a youth player, it seem to me Wolves maybe calling John Ruddy youth.

If you compare breakiung FFP rules to offside laws, then Wolves are a full 41m offside. And, people are saying its a tough call. Frankly, I wouldn't feel it is over reaction to throw them back down to League Two for such a ridicous violation of the rules. The same way, i wouldn't think its unfair if someone 41m offside pretends to be onside and gets Red Card.

Of course, no punishment for Wolves means FFC can do the same. As long as, FFC don't admit guilt until after they are in the EPL.

I assume you were ashamed of Fulham's promotions in 1999 and 2001 as it was done by spending way beyond our means.

I would rather be cheats like Wolves rather than play by the rules Fulham.

I think the Fulham's promotions in 1999 and 2001 where bought, but they were legal and honest; unlike Wolves that were bough, illegal and dishonest. I have always valued Fulham as a family club buying results is ok, but I wouldn't be proud of Fulham being dishonest like Wolves. But, if Wolves aren't punished then we should be free to a smaller losses like £53m and it be allowed.

But, if Fulham don't get promoted in the next two years when parchate payments end, and Wolves aren't punished. Then, I think "The Khans" should just honestly promise to meet all FFP rules within the £41m error margin now allowed.

To give you idea of how much £41m error in expenses is. The combined yearly expenses for Mawson, MLM, Anguissa, Seri and Mitrovoic including wage and amotisations in only £34m. If we had those players last year in the Championship, we would have had better cohesion this season, plus Wolves bought more reinforcements this year too.

Best for Mr Khan to sell no one, the best way to prove TK bought well is keep everyone, including the tea lady and add more.

Our league position would indicate TK didn't spend well.

This department of the club needs a radical overhaul.

Woolly Mammoth

any nonsense about Wolves or Cardiff being better at spending money than us is complete nonsense

As it stands, at the end of this season their owners will have them from 14th in the Championship to 7th in the PL in 3 years.

Our owners will have taken us from 12th in the PL, back to the Championship in 6 years.

Whichever way you look at it, they are doing something much better than those running FFC

Well, Fulham FC was a mess from when "The Khans" took over until sometime just before the "2nd April 2016" when we improved, appoint SJ was undoubtely a big part, but I personally think we started the Khan era with a poor squad anyway.

As for Wolves doing something right, I would call it blantant cheating of FFP Rules what Wolves have done. There have been accuations for a long time from outside Wolves, but Offical "Loss for the Financial Year of 2018"of £55,149,000 comes with the Wolves Chairman signature now.

I thought they were cheating, but I thought it would be hidden by clever accounting. I never expected the Accounts to say Wolves losses were £55m for the year, when they are only allowed £13m. I know FFP takes out youth player costs, but we are so honest we don't call Ryan Sessegnon a youth player, it seem to me Wolves maybe calling John Ruddy youth.

If you compare breakiung FFP rules to offside laws, then Wolves are a full 41m offside. And, people are saying its a tough call. Frankly, I wouldn't feel it is over reaction to throw them back down to League Two for such a ridicous violation of the rules. The same way, i wouldn't think its unfair if someone 41m offside pretends to be onside and gets Red Card.

Of course, no punishment for Wolves means FFC can do the same. As long as, FFC don't admit guilt until after they are in the EPL.

I assume you were ashamed of Fulham's promotions in 1999 and 2001 as it was done by spending way beyond our means.

I think the Fulham's promotions in 1999 and 2001 where bought, but they were legal and honest; unlike Wolves that were bough, illegal and dishonest. I have always valued Fulham as a family club buying results is ok, but I wouldn't be proud of Fulham being dishonest like Wolves. But, if Wolves aren't punished then we should be free to a smaller losses like £53m and it be allowed.

But, if Fulham don't get promoted in the next two years when parchate payments end, and Wolves aren't punished. Then, I think "The Khans" should just honestly promise to meet all FFP rules within the £41m error margin now allowed.

To give you idea of how much £41m error in expenses is. The combined yearly expenses for Mawson, MLM, Anguissa, Seri and Mitrovoic including wage and amotisations in only £34m. If we had those players last year in the Championship, we would have had better cohesion this season, plus Wolves bought more reinforcements this year too.

Best for Mr Khan to sell no one, the best way to prove TK bought well is keep everyone, including the tea lady and add more.

The most sensible and nailed on decision to make if your genuinely concerned with Fulhams future, and have both eyes open.
Is to replace Tony Khan as DOF and Recruitment with immediate effect.
That is a no brainer, if you genuinely have Fulhams best interest at heart.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Agree.

The overt purpose of FFP is to stop clubs becoming insolvent, which isn't relevant to us.

The ancillary covert effect of FFP, whether deliberate or not, is to keep the rich clubs rich and poor clubs poor, which is absolutely unfair.

We would be doing football a favour by breaching FFP. I wouldn't regard it as "cheating" or unethical at all.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 06, 2019, 02:22:19 PM

The most sensible and nailed on decision to make if your genuinely concerned with Fulhams future, and have both eyes open.
100% agree Woolly.
I know fans who will not renue their ST's next season if TK is still DOF, I am a bit inclined to do the same.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on March 06, 2019, 06:11:25 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 06, 2019, 02:22:19 PM

100% agree Woolly.
I know fans who will not renue their ST's next season if TK is still DOF, I am a bit inclined to do the same.

Yes Jim, my sons have said they are in two minds now whether to renew theirs due to the owners sons involvement who no doubt will undermine the club once again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MJG on March 06, 2019, 12:12:26 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 06, 2019, 12:04:15 PM

all correct and as it stats some is season before last.

Fulham last offical figure was for 16/17 and it was a lose of £14.5 million.

I thought FFP Rules don't measure "Operating Lossess" £30m, but  instead measure "Losses for Year (which includes Player Sales)" £14.5m. I assume most of the figures are have the same mistake, but at least Fulham is clean +/- £2 million for 16/17.

JoelH5

Wolves may have lost 51 mill last year but isn't the rule; Combined losses over 3 years must not exceed a given figure? It's not done year on year.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Statto

Quote from: JoelH5 on March 07, 2019, 08:34:41 AM
Wolves may have lost 51 mill last year but isn't the rule; Combined losses over 3 years must not exceed a given figure? It's not done year on year.
Yes, but the limit is £39m. And as stated in the OP they lost £26m the year before.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on March 07, 2019, 08:40:10 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on March 07, 2019, 08:34:41 AM
Yes, but the limit is £39m. And as stated in the OP they lost £26m the year before.

They smashed the limit on a massive scale with their chairmans signature confirming the numbers. At least when Neymar cheats he rolls around and pretends he was fouled. Wolves have made a joke of the rules, I think there losses over three years are near £84m. If the premier league don't enforce punishment on Wolves, they wont be able to punish any team with slightly less cheating like 50m per season. TK can get 20x Chambers on loan for that price, which should be enough for promotion.

Penfold

I lose track with all this FFP stuff. As the loss was incurred while in the Football League am I right in thinking that the Premier League can do nothing in terms of punishment?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Penfold on March 07, 2019, 10:17:16 AM
I lose track with all this FFP stuff. As the loss was incurred while in the Football League am I right in thinking that the Premier League can do nothing in terms of punishment?

If the Olympics Games used this logic for steriods testing, then all the medal winners wouldn't be tested and all the losers would get caught.

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 08, 2019, 06:26:11 AM

If the Olympics Games used this logic for steriods testing, then all the medal winners wouldn't be tested and all the losers would get caught.

Unfortunately this is football. Remind me what punishment the premier league gave QPR and AFC Bournemouth?

toshes mate

Quote from: Penfold on March 08, 2019, 10:50:48 AM

Unfortunately this is football. Remind me what punishment the premier league gave QPR and AFC Bournemouth?
Agree, and it is a joke that the football authorities run to heavy fines as punishment when realistic points deductions or automatic relegation would be much more effective as a punishment.  But the real joke is the belief that the current FFP protocols are actually effective means of achieving 'fair play', when it is squad sizes, player values and media dominance that determine many club's wealth and power.   

Penfold

Quote from: toshes mate on March 08, 2019, 11:28:56 AM

Agree, and it is a joke that the football authorities run to heavy fines as punishment when realistic points deductions or automatic relegation would be much more effective as a punishment.  But the real joke is the belief that the current FFP protocols are actually effective means of achieving 'fair play', when it is squad sizes, player values and media dominance that determine many club's wealth and power.   

Exactly. Can't say I agree with FFP. Had it existed 20 years ago we would never have had the Premier League, Europe etc.

On the European level it appears to be to stop any upstarts upsetting the current top table.

And at a domestic level, why shouldn't an eccentric billionaire who was born in Rochdale not be able to buy them and finance the Spotland XI to the Premier League?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Penfold on March 08, 2019, 11:58:22 AM

Exactly. Can't say I agree with FFP. Had it existed 20 years ago we would never have had the Premier League, Europe etc.

On the European level it appears to be to stop any upstarts upsetting the current top table.

And at a domestic level, why shouldn't an eccentric billionaire who was born in Rochdale not be able to buy them and finance the Spotland XI to the Premier League?

Spotland XI should be able to win the premier league, i don't like buying titles. But frankly, Manchester United uses the earnings from one title to buy another too. Due FFP, we have to sell Sessegnon to ManUtd and however buys him is trying to buy a title.

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 08, 2019, 12:18:42 PM
Quote from: Penfold on March 08, 2019, 11:58:22 AM

Spotland XI should be able to win the premier league, i don't like buying titles. But frankly, Manchester United uses the earnings from one title to buy another too. Due FFP, we have to sell Sessegnon to ManUtd and however buys him is trying to buy a title.

Clubs with more money able to buy best players and therefore more successful. Probably shows you how badly Manchester United were run in the 1970s and 1980s. Constantly the best attendances and regularly spent big but couldn't win the league.

Flying off on a tangent (and maybe worth another thread) I reckon the abolition of the maximum wage had an enormous impact. The likes of Sir Tom Finney were more likely to stay at a less fashionable club like PNE as they couldn't earn any more by moving to one of the more moneyed big city teams.