watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Backroom staff changes

Started by battersea boy, March 07, 2019, 03:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battersea boy

Spurs u-18 coach  has joined FFC as a first team coach,fans not happy about it on their m/boards.

Whitesideup

Quote from: battersea boy on March 07, 2019, 03:22:55 PM
Spurs u-18 coach  has joined FFC as a first team coach,fans not happy about it on their m/boards.
Really? What did they say? And was this after our rejuvenated performance against Chelsea?

KJS

Good its about time we screwed them over when it comes to players / staff  :54:

MikeW

Looking on the web site it seems that the back room staff CR brought in are all still in situ - Stuart Gray excepted.  Is this the case does anyone know?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MikeW

The Matt Wells news answers part of my question!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Riversider

Why would you leave a permanent position at a club like Tottenham Hotspur to join Fulham in a position that potentially might only be for 9 games ?
Has Scott already been given the nod for the job ?

snarks

Interesting this, Scott knows SG from his time here, and Matt Wells from his time at Spurs, looks like he's building his own team and quickly too. Of course if Raneri gets another job, he will probably pull his coaches with him, so they need to get people in place just in case.

Glad to see Scott is being backed by the owners.

snarks

If Raneri moves to another club, he'll take his coaches etc with him. Club needs to be careful to plan for the future and young coaches are a good thing, especially with SG as an "older" head to help.

there is another thread headed back office that has referenced this, mods may want to merge (and if they do delete this post)

Friendsoffulham

Spurs U18 coach Wells named first-team coach at Fulham

TOTTENHAM Under-18s coach Matt Wells has left the club to become first-team coach at Fulham.

At Craven Cottage he will be reunited with caretaker manager Scott Parker, having replaced the former England midfielder as Spurs U18 boss in July. Parker was appointed first-team coach at Fulham before taking over on an interim basis from sacked manager Claudio Ranieri last month.

Wells, a former Spurs Academy player himself, had served as assistant coach to the late Ugo Ehiogu and Parker with the Spurs Development Squad and U18s.

John McDermott, Tottenham's Head of Academy Coaching and Player Development, said: "After a long association with our Academy as a player and coach, Matt will now be joining Scott Parker's senior coaching team at Fulham.

"To see him develop from a 16-year-old apprentice player into a talented member of staff gives me a huge amount of personal pride. Matt continues our excellent record of nurturing high-level players and staff, both for our club and the wider game. On behalf of everyone here, I would like to thank Matt and wish him every success in the next chapter of his career.

http://trainingground.guru/articles/spurs-u18-coach-wells-named-first-team-coach-at-fulham

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on March 07, 2019, 04:31:05 PM
Why would you leave a permanent position at a club like Tottenham Hotspur to join Fulham in a position that potentially might only be for 9 games ?

Maybe because you get a position as first team coach instead of  under 18 coach? He may think it worth the gamble because of that potential upside alone.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 07, 2019, 05:17:12 PM
Quote from: Riversider on March 07, 2019, 04:31:05 PM

Maybe because you get a position as first team coach instead of  under 18 coach? He may think it worth the gamble because of that potential upside alone.

He is still very young...is he 28 yet? This is a big move for him I would think, and yes big progress from U18 to first team .. and until Parker joined us, he was Assistant U18 manager.

From our point of view, I hope he is thoroughly professional but also has the personality to keep the squad engaged. It would be easy with relegation being a done deal for the squad to lose both heart and interest in the rest of the season.

We can only surmise that he comes with Parker's recommendation, but it does kind of suggest that there is a future beyond the next 9 games.

sunburywhite

It does indeed suggest Parker is here for a longer period than the end of the season
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Horsfield_No9

I think we have these. The rest have gone.

Scott Parker
Stuart Gray
Matt Wells
Paolo Orlandoni (goal keeping coach)
Marco Cesarini (manager of medical & sports science
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

KJS

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 07, 2019, 05:49:12 PM
It does indeed suggest Parker is here for a longer period than the end of the season

I think Scotty P will be a good fit for the club

Nero

I wonder was Ranerai Sacked or was he tapped up by Roma and asked to leave and the club thought well why not you're doing pants anyway?

ScalleysDad

A left field appointment but well done to all involved. We wanted a young coach with a fresh approach and a new voice on the training ground so we have that and if indeed SP initiated this move or asked for more say and got it then that's something else we wanted. As has been suggested it might be too late this season and the defence can only move towards decidedly average but medium to longer term let's go!

Robbie

CR came with a ridiculous number of (obviously useless) coaches .... this is the necessary and welcome clear out !

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Robbie on March 07, 2019, 07:35:43 PM
CR came with a ridiculous number of (obviously useless) coaches .... this is the necessary and welcome clear out !

I really think "Blaming Raneri" or anyone at Fulham FC is a bit unfair. If you consider player inflation, the three cheapest squads (Cardiff, Huddersfield and Fulham) in terms of "purchase price of players inflation adjusted" (as per transfermarkt) will be going down this season.

Sad truth this league is all about money, FFC have truck loads of it [money], but cannot spend it in one year due to FFP Rules.

toshes mate

SP will construct his team for what remains of this season but with a view to a longer term appointment since to do anything else would be pretty out of character for him.  I wish him and his team all the very best for the future.  If he manages to keep up the good work of last weekend for the rest of this season then he will already be ahead of his predecessor in terms of brightness, optimism and entertainment in FFC's play and that suggests a good future in management.