more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SP Press Conference and Preview

Started by Fulham1959, March 08, 2019, 10:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Just watched both videos on FFC.

How refreshing to have meaningful 'interviews' with answers that we can actually understand.  No doubt Scott will eventually resort to repetitive replies but when you get the same questions every week (as with every other manager) that is inevitable.

Once more my enthusiasm has been re-ignited.

Woolly Mammoth

Same here, to be able to understand his answers to a question, is in itself worth listening to.
But I also like what he says, sounds like a good man to have in the dressing room.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

It must be quite frustrating for Parker, who is likely using the self-deprecating, "I'm one of you" motivation style behind the scenes to have the press constantly quiz players on his style of management.

I imagine constantly talking about his methods in the press actually detracts from how effective it is.

Not explaining myself too well there but not sure if anyone else agrees with me (or even - has a clue what I'm going on about)?

Matt10

Quote from: Milo on March 08, 2019, 11:32:21 AM
It must be quite frustrating for Parker, who is likely using the self-deprecating, "I'm one of you" motivation style behind the scenes to have the press constantly quiz players on his style of management.

I imagine constantly talking about his methods in the press actually detracts from how effective it is.

Not explaining myself too well there but not sure if anyone else agrees with me (or even - has a clue what I'm going on about)?

I think it's necessary and serves as added motivation. Not only is he saying to his players behind closed doors, he's backing it up to the world. From a player perspective, that continuity is all they ask for. Parker addresses each question with a detailed response. Unlike Ranieri, he isn't a yes or no, he's a yes > explanation or no > explanation.

Considering we came from Ranieri who we had to decipher what he was even talking about, to now have Parker who has made things very clear, I'd say it's motivating everyone with Fulham, not just the players.

toshes mate

Parker keeps it simple all the way through from his understanding of the very foundations of playing the game through to drawing significant insights of things to build upon, or work with, from results whether those results are good or bad in the general sense of the word.  His 'focus' comments are also easy for everyone to understand without him having to articulate a more precise meaning to them.  I also believe his ambition to get the team to turn in good performances in batches of more than ones, twos or threes is also inspirational for all connected to the Club on and off the pitch, saying that everyone has to combine to make the team work.  He seems to be an including and inclusive person which is what FFC appears to need most right now.

Oakeshott

Obviously impossible to know for sure, but the early indications suggest (to me at least) that Parker is going to be a really good manager.

What troubles me somewhat is the time perspective. I am old enough to remember when our former (and brilliant) player Bobby Robson was appointed manager. He wasn't given very long. The rest, as they say, is history - glory with Ipswich and better than most as England manager. If our owners had had a bit more patience in 1968 ...

Hopefully Khan will give Parker a chance after the present caretaker spell is over.

ScalleysDad

I don't have access through the pay wall but it does not surprise me that SP is having a big impact about the place simply through communication. I have mentioned before that SP could be seen talking to the players pre and post match and it has been stated by players that he is listened to and respected. With the key caveat that my Serbian and Italian is a bit rusty if we found the press conferences hard work what on earth were team talks like.

SuffolkWhite

SP gives a good account of himself, here's hoping we can surprise a few teams now and have a hand in who wins the Prem and who else gets relegated.

049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 08, 2019, 01:28:03 PM
I don't have access through the pay wall but it does not surprise me that SP is having a big impact about the place simply through communication. I have mentioned before that SP could be seen talking to the players pre and post match and it has been stated by players that he is listened. With the key caveat that my Serbian and Italian is a bit rusty if we found the press conferences hard work what on earth were team talks like.

Going by the past results and performances, a complete disaster.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

I don't have access through the pay wall but it does not surprise me that SP is having a big impact about the place simply through communication. I have mentioned before that SP could be seen talking to the players pre and post match and it has been stated by players that he is listened to and respected. With the key caveat that my Serbian and Italian is a bit rusty if we found the press conferences hard work what on earth were team talks like.

Strange? I just went onto the site and could watch both his interview and that of Cairney... it seems hit and miss but every now and then I seem to be able to. May be worth trying in 'hidden/private/secret' browser mode... Perhaps that's a loop hole. I came on here to say how refreshing it is that the club have seemingly taken down the paywall around the content as it made it really hard to get a gauge of the club/players/atmosphere and build a relationship with them... it's definitely hindered my ability to relate and care for the club and those in the playing team/coaching roles as I have little to build a relationship with them.

Scott and a few of the interviews have mentioned about needing to rebuild a relationship with the club with the fans, and I thought perhaps the club had realised that this could be helped by finally taking down the paywall - but perhaps they're not that smart and enlightened yet? and I was just being optimistic.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: General on March 08, 2019, 04:11:45 PM

Strange? I just went onto the site and could watch both his interview and that of Cairney... it seems hit and miss but every now and then I seem to be able to. May be worth trying in 'hidden/private/secret' browser mode... Perhaps that's a loop hole. I came on here to say how refreshing it is that the club have seemingly taken down the paywall around the content as it made it really hard to get a gauge of the club/players/atmosphere and build a relationship with them... it's definitely hindered my ability to relate and care for the club and those in the playing team/coaching roles as I have little to build a relationship with them.

Scott and a few of the interviews have mentioned about needing to rebuild a relationship with the club with the fans, and I thought perhaps the club had realised that this could be helped by finally taking down the paywall - but perhaps they're not that smart and enlightened yet? and I was just being optimistic.

Hey thanks for the heads up. We had an email earlier today with the kit sale and tickets for the remaining games so I thought I would click on news and hey presto. SP comes across very well and seems set on closing the gaps that had developed.

LittleErn