JEZAMY BATES - NO
12 (41.4%)
FULHAMWANNABE - YES
22 (75.9%)
FULHAMWANNABE - NO
16 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

LBNo11

...my integrity and judgement has been called into question (yet again) about certain members that others think are WUMs (Wind Up Merchants) or 'Trolls' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet) who may disrupt the harmony of this message board.

Having over 1000 members, I have only received 6 or 7 complaints about the two members in question. I understand that there may be many more who think that Jezamy Bates and Fulhamwannabe are WUM's or Trolls so here is your chance to show me that I am right or wrong in my decision to let them stay as members.

The decision is yours - if you decide that one or both of them are guilty - I will leave it up to one of the other moderators to delete their accounts.

Finally, I am just one of seven moderators and so decisions are not just down to me, we do consult each other via PM's whenever we can, and try to sort matters out between us. Whether we are right or wrong is down to human fallibility. As unpaid volunteers, giving up our own time, we look after a site about a football club we all love.

We do our best...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

As was said so many times over on the offal, if you don't want to read their posts then scroll past, when they get no reaction they will up go and annoy someone else.If they are WUm's then this poll is playing right into their hands and fuelling their egos,  There are others on here that I know have had posts pulled for offence but they are still on here, if you ban anybody who doesn't toe the party line then you create an elitist board, something we are already accused of on the offal, I say let them stay unless their posts infringe the boundaries set by FoF.

bigalffc

Just want to say that LB and the other mods do a great job - so please don't let any of this get to you because them the WUM's will win.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

finnster01

I say roll them in tar & feathers and throw them into the river.

They provide no value whatsoever other than make good posters angry and stay away. What's the value in that?  :046: :046: (for clarification: that is the above mentioned WUM's not the Mods)
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Fernhurst

YEP .... I'm with you Raver, let them they stay for the present.

We all appreciate how well this board is Moderated and all the posters on here appear to be pretty much fully grown-up and lucid (well more than me, anyway!)

As Fred pointed out we already have an hierarchy of elite maestro's and we do not need the board to become too "cosy".

Let them stay, and if they are Wum's or trolls, there indiscretions will find them out!!

CorkCity

6 or 7 complaints from over a 1000 members, I dont think your integity is being called into question LB. You shouldn't ban them on the strenght of that.
As Epsomraver said, if you dont like them scroll past !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Fernhurst

:011:  :011:  :011:  :011:

Finister that was hilarious...... the very thought of tar and feathering the MOD's.... how could you.

fulhamwannabe

i do hereby solemnly swear to my god(or yours)that i'am not here to wind anybody up,i swear to god that i'am a genuine football fan in general,and a particular ffc follower. :047:

TheDaddy

To all the MODs judgement is judgement your not going to get it 100% all the time thats life ,However keep on going as i've no complaints as yet.Apart from MrSka deleting my artistic photo of Madonna nude and before you say anything it wasn't the one with the large boobies.Whats done is done onward and upwards.Keep it going i for one would like to see Blingo return from his self exile.BLOODY DECENT BLOKE.  :048:

PS I havent voted its not my call
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

finnster01

Quote from: TheDaddy on October 24, 2010, 12:44:00 PM
To all the MODs judgement is judgement your not going to get it 100% all the time thats life ,However keep on going as i've no complaints as yet.Apart from MrSka deleting my artistic photo of Madonna nude and before you say anything it wasn't the one with the large boobies.Whats done is done onward and upwards.Keep it going i for one would like to see Blingo return from his self exile.BLOODY DECENT BLOKE.  :048:

Mr Daddy,
How could you possibly post even the slightest hint of Van Klomp's master piece "The Fallen Madonna With the Big Boobies" and not expect any comments? :011:

If Mr FatFred was around he'd probably start singing "You put your left boot in! You take your left boot out! You do a lot of shouting and you shake your fists about! You light a little smokie and you burn down ze tovn! Zat's vot it's all about! Ahh...Himmler, Himmler, Himmler..."

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

michaelread

I dont know if my opinion counts here but.....as someone who reads the board three four or five times a day (i dont log in because 9/10 i get log in error messages unless im on my desktop computer) I really, really dislike these two and everything they say reminds me of the offal. This board is great when I want to come on here, find out what is going on in the world of Fulham and not have to put up with idiots who think they are a witty or have something funny to say, when really they are as pathetic as Eddie Johnsons right boot.

So, on this board, the both of them have made me, on many occasions, click close and come back later. They are obviously trolls who, despite probably actually enjoying FOF and reading its posts, just love a bit of a wind up too much. And I am aware that is rich coming from me but I only like winding up one particular cretin.

BUT, you cant censor someone who hasnt broken a rule. So put them on watch, and one rule broken, they are outta here.

Easy.

So, this is the opinion of someone who frequents this board a lot, but perhaps doesnt have the post count to show that (i assume this is MUCH of our population)

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

the MOD's are very much under appreciated because we don't notice what you do most of the time.
The things is,some of us think you are too honest for your own good,the guys and gals on here who play by the rules don't want the muppets to get a chance,we want bans as soon as possible,not a few chances to behave, just bang your gone, next! not three strikes and your out,one warning and your done.
I don't understand if you have by law to be as fair as you are being,some of us just want the pillocks binned,no excuses,no promises to behave in the future just straight in the bin after 1 warning.
I don't mind people disagreing with me,but when muppets just come on here just for a fight what's the point of coming on?I come here because it's fun,if ever it stops being fun why bother? just for idiots to try and pick a fight?

just my 2 pence worth  :dft012:

TheDaddy

Quote from: finnster01 on October 24, 2010, 12:57:29 PM
Quote from: TheDaddy on October 24, 2010, 12:44:00 PM

Mr Daddy,
How could you possibly post even the slightest hint of Van Klomp's master piece "The Fallen Madonna With the Big Boobies" and not expect any comments? :011:

If Mr FatFred was around he'd probably start singing "You put your left boot in! You take your left boot out! You do a lot of shouting and you shake your fists about! You light a little smokie and you burn down ze tovn! Zat's vot it's all about! Ahh...Himmler, Himmler, Himmler..."

Just for you Mr Finn  :57:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

LordNelson

I know that we don't want to become the St. Helena for the offal's Napoleons--if you get my meaning.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

jarv

Can't say that any has bothered me. I read the site regularly and skip the mundane or pass on subjects which have been talked about many times. I think that is probably what most people do. Some (ok I admit, many) of my own posts have been ignored or received tepid response so I guess they were mundane too. c'est la vie.

epsomraver

Quote from: jarv on October 24, 2010, 01:41:45 PM
Can't say that any has bothered me. I read the site regularly and skip the mundane or pass on subjects which have been talked about many times. I think that is probably what most people do. Some (ok I admit, many) of my own posts have been ignored or received tepid response so I guess they were mundane too. c'est la vie.
Pass! :005:

WhiteJC

I am a mod however, to my shame I don't tend to "get involved" (apart from the checking of potential new members) with deleting posts and reminding people of what is considered "good behavior". In my defence I've left that to LB (mostly) and the other mods as they appear fair minded and far more tolerant than I am.
I'm guessing that LB and the others are taking on far more than they should so I will now participate in the moderation.

It was LB's idea to have the "sin-bin" where you(or me) can be sent for a day or two to reflect on the error of our ways, before we ban or sin-bin anyone we always ask the opinion of the other mods, 9 times out of 10 we resolve NOT to ban. As for these 2 they are, as far as I'm concerned, on borrowed time.

Lighthouse

Why are we having a debate about two posters. I have posted with them both and find both interesting and fine and funny. Are they WUMs? I don't know but it is easy to stop it. Don't answer them. But I am afraid there are plenty of people who will end up liking and not liking. There are those who loathe my posts. Hard to believe isn't it?

Without the Moderators there would be no FOF. They all have their pet dislikes. They all have pulled threads I would not have done. But does that make them wrong? No because that is what they are asked to do.

So keep off blimmin threads about posts and blingo and lets talk about the Offside debate. Have I mentioned my hatred for the new Offside rule?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 24, 2010, 02:39:14 PM
Why are we having a debate about two posters. I have posted with them both and find both interesting and fine and funny. Are they WUMs? I don't know but it is easy to stop it. Don't answer them. But I am afraid there are plenty of people who will end up liking and not liking. There are those who loathe my posts. Hard to believe isn't it?

Without the Moderators there would be no FOF. They all have their pet dislikes. They all have pulled threads I would not have done. But does that make them wrong? No because that is what they are asked to do.

So keep off blimmin threads about posts and blingo and lets talk about the Offside debate. Have I mentioned my hatred for the new Offside rule?
Reason enough to ban the blighters right there Outhouse ! And if you keep on about the deeply mysterious offside rule I'll send you a few of our A-League refs  :doh:

Peabody

I have to admit to not appreciating Mr Bates. He has posted on here for sometime and in my opinion, is generally moe glass half empty, even more so than the beacon of light. Is that a reason to ban him? no, I now just ignore his threads. Obviously I do catch some of his comments in other threads but reall, he comes and goes on here and therefore its not worth the effort. As for Fulhamwannabe, I just feel he is an enthusiastic new Fulham fan, who sometimes, lets his enthusiasm run away with him, a bit like Tom.